Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

They need to get their pencils sharpened at the Fair City script writers conference or they have got a very bad case of writers mental block. I hope it improves and fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

ameliajane wrote: »
    He must have an IQ of a butterfly or a midget.

I think it's the Fair City scriptwriters that have the collective IQ of a midget if they think the viewers will swallow crap like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭rogercar

Sometime you get the feeling that children write for Fair City. As mentioned earlier, Dermot and Jo wearing coats and duvets indoors and it only october. It wasn't that long ago Bella was worried he couldn't afford Rita's care home bills and now he is considering heading off to Italy with Cass and Charlie in search of "snowie"! A ridiculas story line in itself. What are the chances of Keith, or anyone for that matter seeing snowie by chance at the back of a barn in Italy? Don't suppose any of them will go to Italy, just an excuse for Cass to get glasses. Personally I think the character of Cass is very o.t.t.I was delighted to see Shelly back recently,hope she returns for a longer stint with child in-tow,son or daughter of the late Harry Molloy. Would love to see Deloros and Waynes reaction! It's taking quite some time for Christy to get his shop revamped. Hope it will be worth the wait

• Registered Users Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

How on earth can you take any storyline involving recession and money woes on Fair City serious when the show is so littered with inconsistencies and continuity errors?

Firstly, this Jo and Dermot story wasnt built up enough so any affect of Dermots outburst the other night is diluted when you consider in the space of only 3 weeks they have gone from comfortable with money to suddenly not being able to pay any of their bills and having the heating cut off- its just too much too soon and has no development or build up to it but thats FC all over, just plucking stories from thin air..

Also,

Where would Yvonne get 5000euros from to help Finn out, she is a struggling tapas bar worker?

Nease was doing overtime at The Station the other night...the same place that is going down the tubes and cant afford to pay its staff..

Paul cant afford to pay Keith for the odd bit of work here and there and yet he had 400euros to spare for a jacket not even worth half that?

All of a sudden both Finn and Paul can afford to give Dermot a job looking over "the books" at their businesses?? They dont need someone like him as they know damn well at this stage that its all due to the recession and no accountant can change that!

Orla has money woes and yet is always dressed up to the nines and never has any problem paying for her 100 coffees a day during work hours...

All the elements are there for a decent recession storyline but with so many holes in the plot how can it ever work :rolleyes:

why the hell insit fair city on the rte player buy yet theyll pay for fair city where lese can i catch up online for the night im work late

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭Murdoc90

@Wanderer2010 It's fair city,if you take it seriously you'll be in a mental asylum by the end of the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

Has any one got any old coats they dont want? because i want to put them all on ebay and just watch the instant bidding 400 euro in a few minutes il be a millionaire in no time.........

Fair city writers get your act together get off your ass,s and do some proper research before you write anymore silly lines...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Some great points well made here!

On another note, I have to say I loved Orla giving it with both barrells to Jo, about time someone laid down the law with her and told her exactly what she deserved to hear... Jo has noone to blame but herself!

I think they do need to be more realistic though, they handled the Bob storyline with the homeless situation and how poor he was really well but then seem to lose it completely with the likes of Jo & Dermot and even Orla.

Orla claims she has no money, yet spends loads of time in the pub or in Vinos etc buying coffees that she could easily make back in the office. Then we have landlords like Leo who will just forget about the rent, I wish I could say that to my landlord :rolleyes:

I always thought if you were self employed, you were not entitled to the dole?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

I thought it was very unrealistic for Dermot to leave his laptop open with the ebay webpage open. It was Niamh's coat he was selling and yet she was sitting only ten foot away from her at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

max life wrote: »
    I thought it was very unrealistic for Dermot to leave his laptop open with the ebay webpage open. It was Niamh's coat he was selling and yet she was sitting only ten foot away from her at the time.

Especially after the Decco Bishop thing!

Also, I thought Keith went to Dubai or something, not Italy :confused:

• Advertisement

What was she looking for at his machine anyway? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭dirtyghettokid

so many holes, so many questions!
    it's actually quite frustrating......
    i didn't even know keith WENT anywhere... i either missed an episode or it just wasn't explained. they need to have reasons why the characters aren't around.
    we all know that the actors aren't full time and they are brought on for a few months and then are off again, but they don't have it flowing at all.....
    i really don't know how bob got enough money to bring him back from the streets with a click of a finger..

those writers need to think about the bigger picture - to make things tie in better, to make things look more realistic and to make sure there's continuity happening!
    btw, how could paul afford to buy an 08 car for the new driving school business?

angel01 wrote: »
    What was she looking for at his machine anyway? :confused:

well her computer was "slow" so she probably wanted to look at something on the internet on dermot's computer which was already on. that's my take on it anyway! of course just a faffy excuse from the writers to find her coat on ebay. i'm surprised she didn't blow up at paul... does she even know she's getting her coat back yet? and that paul had paid €400 to get it even though he got the money back?

so many holes, so many questions!
    it's actually quite frustrating......
    i didn't even know keith WENT anywhere... i either missed an episode or it just wasn't explained. they need to have reasons why the characters aren't around.
    we all know that the actors aren't full time and they are brought on for a few months and then are off again, but they don't have it flowing at all.....
    i really don't know how bob got enough money to bring him back from the streets with a click of a finger..

those writers need to think about the bigger picture - to make things tie in better, to make things look more realistic and to make sure there's continuity happening!
    btw, how could paul afford to buy an 08 car for the new driving school business?

They mentioned a few times that Keith was in Italy, least they tried to explain where he was.. the likes of Esther have vanished with no mention of where she could be and Charlie is talking about this trip with no questioning of what Esther will think or even if she wants to go??

I guess they try to make us believe that these characters are carrying on with their daily life etc but they should have these characters more in the background and not have any lines. For instance if they are in Vinos, have Judith & Tommy eating in the background (as well as the extras) and have the focus on different characters like Carol & Niamh etc. Least that way, it wouldn't seem like they vanish for weeks on end.

It seems like they only feature if they have speaking parts or a storyline going on.

I really wish they would include Wayne more and use him in more stuff, I know he will feature next week but he really adds a lot to the show when he features and he brightens the show up for me.

The whole situation with Bob was a bit OTT and to come back from the brink like that is a bit too farfetched..
    well her computer was "slow" so she probably wanted to look at something on the internet on dermot's computer which was already on. that's my take on it anyway! of course just a faffy excuse from the writers to find her coat on ebay. i'm surprised she didn't blow up at paul... does she even know she's getting her coat back yet? and that paul had paid €400 to get it even though he got the money back?

Ah okay, I thought Paul ended up not even giving out to Dermot about it in the end and his reaction was a bit ridiculous. As if he could now afford to pay Dermot to take a look at his books, surely he knows what a bad state they are in already!!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,684 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Do all the Bishops boys and Eileen claim social welfare benefits?

angel01 wrote: »
    They mentioned a few times that Keith was in Italy, least they tried to explain where he was..

i have heard of him being in italy... but was there a reason why?
    what i'm still trying to work out is WHY he was in italy? because orla was offered that job in dubai and keith didn't want to go cos he liked dublin .. and so she stayed and he went.......but i don't know why! sense, this does not make.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

Nease was doing overtime at The Station the other night...the same place that is going down the tubes and cant afford to pay its staff..

I heard the actress who plays Neasa is doing a charity Hill Climb she probably got time of for that so maybe they are trying to explain her absence :pac: they could just say she is away staying with friends make it more realistic :rolleyes:

Also I read Jo in Fair City is Pregnant in real life maybe that explains the coats :D

i have heard of him being in italy... but was there a reason why?
    what i'm still trying to work out is WHY he was in italy? because orla was offered that job in dubai and keith didn't want to go cos he liked dublin .. and so she stayed and he went.......but i don't know why! sense, this does not make.

I think they mentioned he was away with friends on a holiday. I am guessing they wrote the actor out for a bit as he must have had other stuff on and other work not related to Fair City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Do all the Bishops boys and Eileen claim social welfare benefits?

Eileen's a pensioner I'd say, I think she got the house from the council as well. The boys are unemployable at this stage, with their records :pac:

They're the best thing in Fair City so they're entitled to it!

Did Dermish have his crying episode yet? I missed some of it on Tuesday night (watching the match) so I'm not sure if it happened then.

Angel is right about Dermish not being entitled to social welfare. He's (presumably) a self-employed accountant so he'd be waiting a long time to get dole money. Although I reckon they'd take pity on him in the social welfare office so they'd probably ask him to do their books ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Kaz wearing other people's glasses:D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭too little too late

Orlas new job as a cleaner!!!!!! Love it! ;)

About time Orla got brought down to earrth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,775 ✭✭✭Fittle

Where is cas supposed to be getting the money for this trip:confused:

Fittle wrote: »
    Where is cas supposed to be getting the money for this trip:confused:

Wont cost that much, flights are cheap and they will live in the van when they get it.

Has Bela completely forgotten about Rita?? There he was tonight, organising this trip to Italy as if he didn't have a care in the world. Who's going to be there for poor Rita when she rings her bell??? :eek:

Least they mentioned where Esther was supposed to be, though I can't imagine either Charlie or Esther knowing what the hell skype is about?? My parents would be roughly the same age and wouldn't have a flying clue!! :eek:

They are slipping up with the Rita thing, no mention of her and him not even worrying about the money... Maybe it is just me but Bela doesn't look very healthy and looked very pale...

No wonder Orla can't make the rent, she is never in the office, she is always storming out! :pac:

If anyone is on Facebook, feel free to like a Fair City page: https://www.facebook.com/faircityfans :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Did anyone notice Philip " washing his hands"? He put his hands under the tap for less than a second and didnt even turn the tap on! Shoddy!

Did anyone notice Philip " washing his hands"? He put his hands under the tap for less than a second and didnt even turn the tap on! Shoddy!

A bit like the way my 9yr old washes his hands in fairness...;)

• Advertisement

Wont cost that much, flights are cheap and they will live in the van when they get it.

I just checked and flights to Rome next Wednesday, returning in 2 weeks work out at 515euro per person...far from cheap...particularly for three men who I am assuming all live on the old age pension??? (I know it's not real and they're not really booking flights with aerlingus...but if they were....)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement