Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Options

Comments

that teacher fancies darmot rotten orla get jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

Is Bens 'school gate' actually the back entrance to Dublin.zoo across from the garda barracks? It's driving me nuts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Why does Louie let Carol work in the pub? She has an awful attitude. If she worked in my local pub, i would never go to that pub. She would scare the customers off. An awful character!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Is Bens 'school gate' actually the back entrance to Dublin.zoo across from the garda barracks? It's driving me nuts!

I doubt it. They usually use a place near RTE. Theres a primary school that adjoins the UCD campus and it looks similar to that.

I wonder if that teacher is an actual actor? She makes about 10 appearances a year for about 1 minute each, can't imagine they're paying her much.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,075 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Bob loves stirring between Carol and Sash :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jane Eyre

Well, that was drivel. Anybody know why Blackie's architect made an offer on the house? What was the point of that. If Blackie can afford the house in cash, why did he need 50k from Yvonne. What the hell was that about?

And why has dAMIEN decided to remember his mother for the the first time in five years?

I like the clash between carol and sash. she's much better since lewie's gone. but having a leaving cert party is hardly a unique idea.

rte player so bloody slow wheres tonight fair city

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Rashers

Jane Eyre wrote: »
    Well, that was drivel. Anybody know why Blackie's architect made an offer on the house? What was the point of that. .

No paper trail back to Blackie... emm... I mean Luke... ah take your pick.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

Rashers wrote: »
    No paper trail back to Blackie... emm... I mean Luke... ah take your pick.:D

Yep, I doubt he wants the dillons knowing he is planning on being their neighbour before the sale of the house has gone through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

Last nights episode was crap.
    When will they ever get rid of Bella Doyle? I can't stand the sight of his depressing grey face. He offers nothing to Fair City. I know he has been there since the beginning but that's no excuse. Let him go soon please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Jesus Damien must be the cleanest builder in the fecking world...Someone throw a fistful of plaster or paint or something on him....Bring back the comedy gold of Bob,Wayne,Deegan etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭cold case

Where the hell are the script writers going with this bloody Bela saga? If he sells the house, pays the nursing home fees for Rita, and then runs out of money, then what? Go with the fair deal scheme for God's sake, her pension will pay for the nursing home and they can take 15% of the house years later. Who will pay Bela's nursing home fees when the time comes if he stupidly sells the house? Please please script writers, put Bela in the nursing home with Rita! He can spend all his time there, saving on moaning about going to see her, and we won't have to put up with his miserable face episode after episode! I am sick of it now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

It's unacceptable that we never see Rita.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭fifi234ie

I think she's sick in real life that's why we never see her, it would be unfair to replace her with someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

fifi234ie wrote: »
    I think she's sick in real life that's why we never see her, it would be unfair to replace her with someone else.

Characters have been replaced with different actors plenty of times in FC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    It's unacceptable that we never see Rita.

Why don't they just kill her off , she's hardly coming back now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

Karen23 wrote: »
    Why don't they just kill her off , she's hardly coming back now

That would just be so hurtful to the actress and her family if they went down that route. Plus Fair City would get a definite back lash.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

deelite wrote: »
    That would just be so hurtful to the actress and her family if they went down that route. Plus Fair City would get a definite back lash.

Shes gone about 5 or more years. Most people wouldn't care at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

But then there would be her funeral and all the family would have to return for it. Dont think jimmy could get time of from his bar job in NewYork to attend.

frag420 wrote: »
    But then there would be her funeral and all the family would have to return for it. Dont think jimmy could get time of from his bar job in NewYork to attend.

most big things in fair city happen off screen funeral off screen then back to the pub cast will attend say jimmy gone home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

She was a narky aul' bag anyway. Never liked her. :)

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

The actor who played Jim in EE had a stroke, he came back for a while until it became too much and he went into a nursing home.
    It would be disrespectful to just kill him off.

That's all very well but

Jim Branning = decent.
    Rita Doyle = wagon.

Jim severed all ties with his son and even once locked him in a coffin for associating with a black person and left him in an undertaker's establishment overnight as punishment.
    Despite being overtly racist initially, these hostile feelings mellow, as shown through his close friendship with the Trinidadian shopkeeper, Patrick Trueman.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Branning

Jim severed all ties with his son and even once locked him in a coffin for associating with a black person and left him in an undertaker's establishment overnight as punishment.
    Despite being overtly racist initially, these hostile feelings mellow, as shown through his close friendship with the Trinidadian shopkeeper, Patrick Trueman.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Branning

That coffin stuff was just off-screen background history. When he joined the series first he was an unlikeable racist but his character did mellow over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

why are we missing two fair city episodes this week? it makes no sense to blame the football? where rte anticipating that ireland would be through and playing matches? if they were on rte 1 fine. but they are not. just cause utv and bbc are messing around with the soaps rte have to join in the torment too. or is it just a money saving device? and were back to yrs ago when fc went missing during the summer?......

Had forgotten about the FC-less summers....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭cloptrop

Did anybody even mention the euros ? I havnt been watching much but come on , did nobody ring in sick after the croatia match .
    I have a strong feeling Pooey Louie isnt coming back from America. Although America is a bit unsophisticated for him , the smug little floating head will probably relocate his family to Paris or something.

Be great if Louis came back but had morphed into his murderous Glenroe character.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭maggienx

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    Be great if Louis came back but had morphed into his murderous Glenroe character.

Remind me of this...:confused: Wasn't he also a gangster in Veronica Guerin??

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement