Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

It's PanDENmonium! [Off Topic Chat]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Will someone please remind me that daytrips to the UK are NOT a good idea, unless it's driving up to Belfast or smth?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

as an aviation enthusiast day trips are amazing /thread

in other news, My ex has rang me on several occasions and i drop everything just to talk to them. just trying to keep in touch that is all. well looking for my new significant other.
    Oh, how did it come to this? Am I still breathing? Blind faith and a silent kiss and I’m still reeling Hope echoing through my heart and I know this feeling We’ll take it back to the start and be done dealing

while writing this in my head i realised some people who study English and correct everyone like the Nazi's they are should not be allowed to study English if they cant get their god dam directions north south Correct. i mean geography and English go hand in hand. you have to explain in English(or your chosen language) where cork is based relative to Dublin. Last time i checked cork was not up or up north near the feckin Arctic when you leave Dublin. it is down, down south using the m7 and m8 south bound. Although i will contradict myself for the shere craic of it. that sign and ancient history points that north is actually south or so and so. and that in reality there is actually neither north south east or west because the planet in floating and we dont actually have a blues clue where north is unless the center of the universe is north? but for day to day shiz. Cork city is south of clare, galway, limerck, tipperary, mayo, dublin and the other 26 counties . I cant tell if its on the same lines as youghal. but well say 26.

tl;dr. delighted to be talking to the ex. and grammer nazi's need their arse kicked when it comes to geography

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

grammer Nazi's

Aw come on! Seriously?

It was in the tldr the lazy section. No checks were done. Actually Google didn't correct me...... Something fishy about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom Girl

Jhcx wrote: »
    as an aviation enthusiast day trips are amazing /thread

in other news, My ex has rang me on several occasions and i drop everything just to talk to them. just trying to keep in touch that is all. well looking for my new significant other.

[.. etc., etc. not gonna quote the whole darn thing]

What are you on and can I please have some?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

My new house is amazing and I'm petrified that this means the housemates (who I haven't met) will be awful

What are you on and can I please have some?

I'm on broken heart syndrome and love. Love is a dangerous drug worse drug. Worse than all the rest

I want my new housemates to arrive so that I can meet them, I've no clue who they are or what they look like, but I need to know. Also the mirrored wardrobe doors in my room are weird.

I've had the song Magic - Coldplay for a few months now. But was only today while driving home from Dublin i fell in love with it. and even though it represents the loss of an ex that id probably still play it at my wedding to show that we both hold pasts behind us but were both here together. My favourite qoute being,
    "And if you were to ask me, After all that we've been through. Still believe in magic? Oh yes I do"

probably the truest song in words to describe how one human is always still willing to believe no matter how many blades are stuck in that they still believe they will live on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I've downloaded ~200GB of games on Steam since yesterday. That's 14 months worth of bandwidth on our plan at home. I love UL's internet when it works. :P

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,745 ✭✭✭Macavity.

I wish I could enjoy gaming again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Macavity. wrote: »
    I wish I could enjoy gaming again.

I find my attention span for games has gone completely since I started college. The only games I've completed in the past year or so are GTAV (which took me about two months to get through the story), The Stanley Parable (as much as it is possible to finish a game like this) and Gone Home.

My main problem is that I always feel like I should be doing something else when I'm playing games now. Even when I was working 9-5 last year I always used to think in the evenings "Ah, I should really go and hang out with the housemates, or y'know what, I'll head for a walk, it's a lovely evening."

Now that I'm back in college, I'm always thinking "Ah come on now, I should really be studying.", so I never can switch off from reality like I used to. I genuinely think one of our modules in college should be about playing games and talking about them. We have a module where we talk and write about issues in games like violence, sexuality, racism and what-have-you, but really I think that could be expanded on a bit.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and mature and gaming really isn't as valid a form of entertainment as reading or watching TV... :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

How much are those resealable bags you get at the airport? I remember once in Stanstead they gave me one for free but this is Dublin so I dunno. The sandwich bags I have are way too small anyway for the mound of liquids I need and if I venture to the shop I'll probably get blown away.

EDIT: Feck it the cost of living in Budapest is apparently half if not less that of Ireland, I'll just buy shampoo, conditioner etc. there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Slow Show wrote: »
    How much are those resealable bags you get at the airport? I remember once in Stanstead they gave me one for free but this is Dublin so I dunno. The sandwich bags I have are way too small anyway for the mound of liquids I need and if I venture to the shop I'll probably get blown away.

EDIT: Feck it the cost of living in Budapest is apparently half if not less that of Ireland, I'll just buy shampoo, conditioner etc. there

The third year meds are gone to Prague...damn you all :P

Yo, Engine, Third year (and ex third year) trip to somewhere involving cheap alcohol and fun times? Yes? Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭HugsiePie

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Yo, Engine, Third year (and ex third year) trip to somewhere involving cheap alcohol and fun times? Yes? Yes.

Can't see our class reps organising anything tbh :P

This guy is an inspiration in my life. Just love his videos. short but understanding to develop ones mind to grab hold of the information known to us .

Can't see our class reps organising anything tbh :P

But the second years are! (Also I live with a guy in third year and I MISS YOU GUYS. Well, mostly Anne)

• Advertisement

But the second years are! (Also I live with a guy in third year and I MISS YOU GUYS. Well, mostly Anne)

Are they?! God dammit... :(

I must say this year I've realised I know very, very few people in my course, I am extremely anti social :P

Got me thinking the post in AH about the referendum coming up, whats yer opinions on the yes and no vote

Im yes for simple reasons, stupidest vote ever like should we be going out voting for straight marriage(which does not have a successful rate) I know a lot in the gay community, can finally try to put this whole thing to bed bit ridiculous imo. and if its no now its only going to affect my children's lives should any of them be gay or they too are tired of listening to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭pajor

I could rant and rave about my opinions on the referendum. I even plan to travel back to Ireland from the Netherlands if I'm still here.

It'll be a Yes from me though.

I reckon it'll be incredibly tight tbh. The 75% Yes figure in polls is all well and good, but as was proven in the Seanad referendum (lol, f*ck you FG) polls are not always reflective of how people will vote. I think there's still a lot of prejudice out there among older generations. I mean, I wouldn't even bank on my own parents voting Yes, despite their oft discussed liberalism towards homosexuality.

Plus, if the No campaign can successfully create the link between the referendum and child safety (because y'know, homosexuals are all pedophiles, FACT!) then it could easily sway those middle grounders over.

That said, it's a yes from me. Because, well, there's no real convincing argument against it.

My grandparents are a no for it. But feel like saying if it's not a yes don't vote at all.

Parents are going voting yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Jhcx wrote: »
    My grandparents are a no for it. But feel like saying if it's not a yes don't vote at all.

Parents are going voting yes.

I don't think you understand how voting works.... :P

thelad95 wrote: »
    I don't think you understand how voting works.... :P

Oh I do. But believe in mafia stylings when I can't have my way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

I feel The yes vote will breeze through, simply because; as it's a civil rights issue that so so so many people feel so strongly about it and because, it would be a travesty if it didn't. People might actually go out and vote for once. 100 % of those who said yes in the polls might actually get up off their butts and vote. So the 75% yes will actually be 75% and not 75% of 40% of the population. Voter turnout in this country is terrible normally. I feel this is one of the reasons little in this country ever actually changes. When the card carrying FF members or FG or Labour are the only ones who go out while the unnafiliated stay home then things stay the same. However I think this is an issue that people are truly passionate about, one that doesn't belong to any party, one that literally only has one right answer. Im pretty confident people will go out and do the right thing. And it'll be fabulous.
    I only hope that it might wake the vast majority of the younger people up and possibly make them realise that they need to take an actual interest in politics and take a hand in their own future rather than letting it continue the way it is and only getting involved for the token causes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

I've a feeling the gay marriage referendum will be a no vote. Still far too much homophobia and bigotry in this country.

• Advertisement

If it gets a no vote we're a joke of a country. Equality should not be up for debate anymore, the fact that it is is completely backward.

Advertisement