Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonight With Vincent Browne Thread v2.0

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Life begins at 40 not conception.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Pity Vinny didn't manage this bunfight better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

Oh God. Thank god I'm joining this show late. Looks like it was a good night to miss.

I think the pro-choice argument wins tonight.

The religious types had a good run in this Country but its over, majority of people believe in a woman's right to choose.

There's a decision on the Fiscal Compact referendum due this week.
    VB show should have a field day with that. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

So much for gender balance.

Very true.

He made a rant about trying to have balanced male/female panels a while back.

But it appears that Abortion Night is Ladies Night :confused:

Just caught the end, but on a more trivial note TV3 really need to improve their Chroma Key (green screen) removal, people beginning to look like puppets on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,425 ✭✭✭telekon

LOL. Vincent's look to camera said everything we needed to know about that last inane text...

Pacino on a bender in The Sun.
    LOL :D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Berry: No one has mentioned the babies

Daly: Whorra bou dem...

• Advertisement

Is Vincent drunk.
    Asking the first woman if she's ever been to a sex party.
    Mad bastard. :p

Is Vincent drunk.
    Asking the first woman if she's ever been to a sex party.
    Mad bastard. :p

He's a bit like the embarrassing uncle you can't bring anywhere, alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He's a bit like the embarrassing uncle you can't bring anywhere, alright.

Well I'd rather bring him out ahead of Clare Daly any night, bar Halloween.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I don't see what the problem is with bringing in Abortion in this country...After the 10 month waiting list in you go :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The religious types had a good run in this Country but its over, majority of people believe in a woman's right to choose.

Here is my pro-Life views. I don't take either the Conservative or the Liberal view on abortion.

Society wants a quick fix. We live in a society that does not respect a Mother and Child. If a woman gets pregnant at 16 both conservative and liberal society look down on her. Conservatives say she was wrong to have sex, liberals say she has ruined her life. If a woman gets pregnant in her 20s out of wedlock conservatives say she should be married, liberals say she has ruined her career. Neither look at the men involved.

Men don't have to take the responsibility and unfortunately they tend not to (a generalism I know). We need a society that recognizes that after sex there is a possibly you or your partner will get pregnant (sometimes even when protection is used). You should take your responsibly, and not take the easy way out, society therefore should provide you with the help required to bring a child into this world. A society that also brings up men to take their responsibilities as fathers.

Have sex responsibly, sex can lead to pregnancies.

If you or your partner ends up pregnant be happy. Life goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,032 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Elmo wrote: »
    Here is my pro-Life views. I don't take either the Conservative or the Liberal view on abortion.

Society wants a quick fix. We live in a society that does not respect a Mother and Child. If a woman gets pregnant at 16 both conservative and liberal society look down on her. Conservatives say she was wrong to have sex, liberals say she has ruined her life. If a woman gets pregnant in her 20s out of wedlock conservatives say she should be married, liberals say she has ruined her career. Neither look at the men involved.

Men don't have to take the responsibility and unfortunately they tend not to (a generalism I know). We need a society that recognizes that after sex there is a possibly you or your partner will get pregnant (sometimes even when protection is used). You should take your responsibly, and not take the easy way out, society therefore should provide you with the help required to bring a child into this world. A society that also brings up men to take their responsibilities as fathers.

Have sex responsibly, sex can lead to pregnancies.

If you or your partner ends up pregnant be happy. Life goes on.

You're suggesting that having an abortion is irresponsible. It's not. It's a choice.

It's not a choice in my view. Having a child is a worthwhile thing. The choice is so narrow because in society we expect a woman to be married or to be in a relationship with the father. Society still finds it unacceptable for a woman to have a child on her own. We still hide the fact when a woman gets pregnant out of marriage/ a relationship we might suggest that this is not the case but rather a choice that a woman has, but I don't think this is the case. Society still dictates when is the most appropriate time for a woman to have a baby.

I am saying that we have responsibilities and we should be aware of responsibilities rather then looking for the easy way out. This applies to so much in Society today.

So I don't agree with abortion. Be responsible about sex face up to the consequence, having a baby isn't the worst that could happen.

It's not a choice in my view. Having a child is a worthwhile thing. The choice is so narrow because in society we expect a woman to be married or to be in a relationship with the father. Society still finds it unacceptable for a woman to have a child on her own. We still hide the fact when a woman gets pregnant out of marriage/ a relationship we might suggest that this is not the case but rather a choice that a woman has, but I don't think this is the case. Society still dictates when is the most appropriate time for a woman to have a baby.

I am saying that we have responsibilities and we should be aware of responsibilities rather then looking for the easy way out. This applies to so much in Society today.

So I don't agree with abortion. Be responsible about sex face up to the consequence, having a baby isn't the worst that could happen.

You can't force your views onto other people. Whilst you might disagree with abortion yourself, I'm sure you wouldn't like to see the state force other women to do something against their wishes.

You can't force your views onto other people. Whilst you might disagree with abortion yourself, I'm sure you wouldn't like to see the state force other women to do something against their wishes.

Life must go on, you don't force women to be pregnant its part of life. You force women and men to adhere to social norms. I don't believe that I am forcing my opinion on anyone. I believe that children have the right to life. I doubt that many mothers feel that they were forced to have children and if they did why didn't they get the snip, the same goes for fathers.

IMO Society is suggesting abortion is a cure to some illness of some kind.

I disagree with it, but I also disagree with the arguments from both sides of the discussion.

Life must go on, you don't force women to be pregnant its part of life. You force women and men to adhere to social norms. I don't believe that I am forcing my opinion on anyone. I believe that children have the right to life. I doubt that many mothers feel that they were forced to have children and if they did why didn't they get the snip, the same goes for fathers.

IMO Society is suggesting abortion is a cure to some illness of some kind.

I disagree with it, but I also disagree with the arguments from both sides of the discussion.

Earlier you said you were "pro-life" because of responsibilities or some other rubbish..and now you've said you believe a child has a right to life.

And if you think a woman should have a baby even she doesn't want it, then you are imposing your beliefs on someone else.

• Advertisement

"A man tells how his life was destroyed by crime"

Crimes HE committed.. Vincent is gonna allow this lad to blame the Government for his crimes..

• Registered Users Posts: 51,492 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Crimes HE committed.. Vincent is gonna allow this lad to blame the Government for his crimes..

Crime ruined my life too. If I had committed crime then I might have more wealth and a better lifestyle now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

David Drumm?

David Drumm?

Nah, apparently some elements of the state were willing to prosecute this lad.

Fcuking butter vouchers. He must be 80.

Next week -- Travellers are Victims too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

We had no money.............. but me Ma and Da were in the penthouse every night living it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

'I stole a Mountain Bike ... because I didn't have a bike and all me friends did'

Sorry Vincent, my only sympathy is for whoever's bike this waster stole.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Vinny really needs to read some Ayn Rand.

What is the purpose of this ?

• Advertisement

Well, all of it is his own fault so far...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement