Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭Salty

My driving lesson went brilliantly:D I got to use my own car since it was a pre-test lesson which made everything so much easier..nothing like making loads of progress!:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Getting a tattoo tomorrow :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Getting a tattoo tomorrow :D

Ooh, what of? :)

It's going to be a half sleeve with a colourful koi fish and some cherry blossoms. Getting 2 hours done tomrrow so it's only going to be the outline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

I'm not quite sure why I get a massive dopamine rush the nights before my fate will be decided. :D

*hides stash*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,014 ✭✭✭marko93

It's going to be a half sleeve with a colourful koi fish and some cherry blossoms. Getting 2 hours done tomrrow so it's only going to be the outline.
    CAN I COME AND WATCH? D:

jumpguy wrote: »
    I'm not quite sure why I get a massive dopamine rush the nights before my fate will be decided. :D

*hides stash*
    And this ladies and gentlemen is why our mods needed to be tested.

FAWWKING PAYDAY TOMORROW.

marko93 wrote: »
    CAN I COME AND WATCH? D:

YES! *serious answer*

YES! *serious answer*

wait, what? o.o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And this ladies and gentlemen is why our mods needed to be tested.
    Believe me, we're tested to the limits most days!! :cool:

Believe me, we're tested to the limits most days!! :cool:
    pfffffffff! I wish i was a mod. I'd love a ban hammer.. Probably why I'm not allowed :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

I love college. Like ul is the most ****in amazing life changing thing that ever happened to me. I'm in bed now and really i can write when i dunno, i'm like half amazing. Like wow, predictive text is amazing. But wow, college. Met so many people. I was at this persons house tonight and when i thought things couldn get better i came home to naked housemates. Slightly pervy but ya.. Edit half naked.. Not a weirdo!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Why is soccy's post getting thanked by all the LC mods? >_>

YES! *serious answer*

wait, what? o.o

You can accompany me if you want :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Banjo Fella

Finally worked up the courage to have a proper, in-depth conversation with both of my parents about my plans for the next few years! I wasn't sure if I ever would, considering how long I had been, er, considering it. It actually went quite well, though my mum's reaction has largely been what I expected and had previously observed indirectly when my brother was in a similar situation. So, that sucks a bit, but my dad's reaction was very encouraging and supportive and stuff, so overall it was good times. Perhaps it's helpful to have a mix of attitudes to gauge, anyway.

EDIT: Also, just got a Pottermore email, wingardium leviosawww yeah! :D:D:D

SOME MORE EDITING EMPHASISED IN CAPS FOR SOME REASON: I also just discovered that I passed all my repeats and am going to graduate! Gaaaah, this is such a good day! I really, really did not expect to have passed one of them in particular, so, well, the frickin' surprise of it! It's quite substantial, the surprise, and the quantity of happy it induces. Oh dear, I'm becoming (more) incoherent now... maybe I should have a lie down. Tl;dr: yay!

You can accompany me if you want :P

Yet you expected me to see that at 4 in the morning D:
    YOU DIDNT WANT ME TO COME :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

OK so I have a plan, which is better than me sitting around twiddling my thumbs contemplating everything. But oh golly, if this doesn't work...*hyperventilates* (vagueness, LOVE IT).

And Pottermore is awesome. Bit slow to start, but awesome.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,281 ✭✭✭Ricky91t

ALL MY FRIENDS PASSED THEIR REPEATS, YAY! :D

I got my age card! \o/ I can start leaving my passport at home on nights out now:P

_meehan_ wrote: »
    I got my age card! \o/ I can start leaving my passport at home on nights out now:P

Really must get one myself, drivers license is wrecked from nights out!

My yaaah:

319038_2067411402739_1168412920_32087653_11357997_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

My yaaah:
    do have your nose pierced or it that just the blurryness of the picture? :p

They only take 3/4 weeks to come back now..seriously worth getting!

The tatoo is unreal btw!!:)

musical.x wrote: »
    do have your nose pierced or it that just the blurryness of the picture? :p

It's pierced :P
    _meehan_ wrote: »
    They only take 3/4 weeks to come back now..seriously worth getting!

The tatoo is unreal btw!!:)

I know and it's only a tenner or something! *note to self, get age card on next day off*

Thanks! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭Jamie Starr

Three out of four of my modules are really interesting. And because I didn't read the course outlines when I chose them, they were also a pleasant surprise!

Also found a renowned jazz cafe in the city centre!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Moved into my college accom!!! \o/

Although there was no one there and I came back home >.>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Ohh I'm dying to get down but Ma and Da are keeping me home longer :rolleyes: I'm missing Cork :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

I have an interview in Penney's tomorrow!! YURRRT! :D:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

My boyfriend's family has two secretaries and a chef. They must be super rich. I like. :O

Ohh I'm dying to get down but Ma and Da are keeping me home longer :rolleyes: I'm missing Cork :(

I'm staying at home for another while too, UCC would be fairly quiet bar the orientation folk!

Making the most of the free food etc before I have to start paying for them :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Ricky91t wrote: »
    I'm staying at home for another while too, UCC would be fairly quiet bar the orientation folk!

Where you staying this year???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

I GOT INTO POTTERMORE. :D

I'm a Ravenclaw!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Noel2k9 wrote: »

I'm a Ravenclaw!

Screw you I'm still waiting :(

Where you staying this year???

House out by Flannerys bar on Glasheen road! (You probably don't know where that is! :pac: )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭shadowninty

House out by Flannerys bar on Glasheen road! (You probably don't know where that is! :pac: )

Haha!, my aunt lives out there and that was my grandfather's local.
    Can get a great meal there for real cheap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

Noel2k9 wrote: »

I'm a Ravenclaw!

I'm a Hufflepuff, ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

ohthebaby wrote: »
    My boyfriend's family has two secretaries and a chef. They must be super rich. I like. :O

:pac:
    /runs

Slow Show wrote: »
    I'm a Hufflepuff, ffs.

Hates that, you're losing in the great hall..

Brewing potions takes ageeeeeees

JEDWARD DIDNT WIN BIG BROTHER. :D

I have orientation next Thursday :pac: Yay for Arts transfer! I know...paying and living on cheap food becomes reality again! Having to do your own shoppin as well. Ugggggggghhhhhhh. And cooking. uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggghhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

I have orientation next Thursday :pac: Yay for Arts transfer! I know...paying and living on cheap food becomes reality again! Having to do your own shoppin as well. Ugggggggghhhhhhh. And cooking. uuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggggghhhhhhh
    That's a yaaaah for me. i love being independent. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Same, plus I love being able to pick what I want for dinner rather than just having to have the same thing as everyone else in my family

• Advertisement

I made yummy soup today. It's gonna be even better tomorrow. Plus my mum went picking loads of blackberries a few days ago so I'm going to make a pie tomorrow or Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,383 ✭✭✭Aoibheann

What flavour? Yourself and IO now have made fancy soup recently, and I must follow suit. Tasty + warm = ideal for winter!

Aoibheann wrote: »
    What flavour? Yourself and IO now have made fancy soup recently, and I must follow suit. Tasty + warm = ideal for winter!

I made the butternut squash one from the Avoca cookbook, with a few minor adjustments cos I forgot stuff when I was in tesco. It's yum.

There's good days. Then there's fúcking paydays.

Lawliet wrote: »
    Same, plus I love being able to pick what I want for dinner rather than just having to have the same thing as everyone else in my family

I love my independence, I just hate having to spend money and I'm uber lazy :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,425 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

ohthebaby wrote: »

Dear god I'd love a rich boyfriend,I know how shallow that sounds but fair play!

Also...RWC in a few hours!!!!! Soooooo excited :D Dan Carter...omnomnomnomnom *drools*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭musical.x

It's pierced :P

I know and it's only a tenner or something! *note to self, get age card on next day off*

Thanks! :D
    it suits you ;)
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Met a girl the other night and ended up getting her number. Texted her but she didn't reply for 2 days, so I assumed she wasn't interested. A few mates were telling me to ring her but I had it in my head that she definitely wasn't interested so I didn't want to look stupid or desperate. Had a kind of strop about it, moaning about how I'm just hopeless, etc.

And now she texts that she would love to go out next week. Man do I feel stupid.

• Advertisement

Lawliet wrote: »

I love the independence too.

But today while trying to make myself a sandwich I managed to break the corned beaf(Spam) can and had to cut it open with a knife, and even then I had to use a spoon to dig it out. I'm gonna' be doomed when I get back to college :pac:

Advertisement