Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

aaaaaarrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhhh

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Pun intentional?

Sorry

Saw that one coming. :pac: No, not intentional.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Neewbie_noob

I hate slow drivers :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Palytoxin

Got two blastardin penalty points today for doing 77 in a 60 zone :( :mad:

Maybe you should take a leaf out of their book?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Jhcx

I grew up in the wrong time period.
    1 its not the 90's
    2. were all poor and no one goes out drinkin

listening to the stories of my aunts how they got pissed on a sunday night and had to go to school on the monday.

But theres a yeah to all this. getting drunk has helped get rid of the pain in my neck. the arrgh is, Just hope im not permanently scared for life.. :( on top of whats already scared me for life :(

Also bookface took down my coca cola bookface cover photo :( it was 2 cans. and the actual photo is still up lol. what the hell, i give up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

The Dublin Bus and Luas fare rise prices are fairly ridiculous... :/

• Advertisement

Would u not use the leap card? Or are u on the monthly passes? 70c for 5stops on the leap card was the best thing ever I thought when I wad in Dublin. What are the prices now? They were ridiculous last year I fear what they are now. I can't understand why the luas is going up. 2 a go is cruel. And there never going to make it if they keep rising it cause ppl are gonna jump it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Whut, has the Luas gone up as well?

My friends are very smart people. Im always giving out that nobody is ever up at night. But turns out that I'm the idiot. Most are wise and go to bed at normal hours like 10:30, 11 Or 12. And live normal lives socializing during the day.. me I stay awake stupid o clock like now. 8am I'm still bloody awake. Wrecked beyond all means. Can't live a proper day life.

Really have fallen into a downwards spiral if I keep this up I'm going to go off the rails. Argh I hate my body clock right now. hate myself more. Cause I'm the idiot glued to the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

It's crazy. The bus has gone up another 25 cent. They went up 40 cent a few months ago too. I've heard that the dart might go up too which will be a massive pain, it's already 8.70 return to the city centre for me, pretty much double of what it is to bray and I'm only an extra stop. Grumble grumble I hate public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Jhcx wrote: »
    Would u not use the leap card?
    The leap card fares have all gone up as well.

Speaking of which I lost my student travel card/ leap card, that's going to cost fifteen euro to replace.

I thought they were suppose to be encouraging people to take public transport, with the new prices it would be cheaper to get a taxi into town with a couple of friends than it would be to get a bus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Wish I hadn't any siblings. I'm wayyy too easily irritated. Stfu.
    And secondly, everyone who chews or breathes loudly, or chews with their mouth open should be given death penalty, or something. Grrrrr. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭bluejay14

I have the mother of all colds and the amount of times I've blown my nose in the past hour is ridiculous. The only tissues we have in the house are as rough as sandpaper.

If anyone needs a rudolph, I'm available.

Lawliet wrote: »
    The leap card fares have all gone up as well.

Speaking of which I lost my student travel card/ leap card, that's going to cost fifteen euro to replace.

I thought they were suppose to be encouraging people to take public transport, with the new prices it would be cheaper to get a taxi into town with a couple of friends than it would be to get a bus.

Really? ugh RTE getting it wrong saying the leap card will remain untouched. But think it will still work out cheap. I noticed the earlier u clock in the more simolons it takes out. So I usually just touch on as I'm boards and try to be the first to touch off. Anything more than a Euro not worth it lol.

Got two blastardin penalty points today for doing 77 in a 60 zone :( :mad:

It was on the M1 where it's 60 kph, no one, from what I can see, obeys it. I was unlucky enough to get done.

I was on a wide straight stretch of road, speed limit 80 kph, driver (no exaggeration) doing 30 kph.
    Palytoxin wrote: »
    Maybe you should take a leaf out of their book?

There is a big difference between slow and safe driving

Slow driving equal safe ddriving

It was on the M1 where it's 60 kph, no one, from what I can see, obeys it. I was unlucky enough to get done.

I was on a wide straight stretch of road, speed limit 80 kph, driver (no exaggeration) doing 30 kph.
    Rules are rules, and are there for a reason, but it really is the luck of the draw if you get caught or not!
    (They're speed limits, not targets, so technically they're not doing anything wrong, but it's just bad luck if your stuck behind someone brutally slow like that.)
    There is a big difference between slow and safe driving

Slow driving equal safe ddriving

There is a huge difference, I'll agree with you there, but you'd have to agree with me that in general slower driving gives people more of a chance to react to something, and that could prevent an accident occurring.

Palytoxin wrote: »
    Rules are rules, and are there for a reason, but it really is the luck of the draw if you get caught or not!
    (They're speed limits, not targets, so technically they're not doing anything wrong, but it's just bad luck if your stuck behind someone brutally slow like that.)

There is a huge difference, I'll agree with you there, but you'd have to agree with me that in general slower driving gives people more of a chance to react to something, and that could prevent an accident occurring.

Yes, but slow driving is probably a HUGE source of accidents. I was very close to overtaking him (but didn't) as there were cars zooming on the other side of the road. People like the driver on front will cause other more impatient people to over take and hence cause accidents, they should be treated like speeders and be punished accordingly (or even worse). If one person speeds, only one is at risk, ie, themselves (along with other people they may crash into), whereas a slow driver will cause many drivers to dangerously overtake and hence could cause more accidents.

They are doing something wrong, on motorways there is a minimum speed, and on other roads as far as I know too. They are being a nuisance on the road, whether or not is says so in law, they are more dangerous than fast drivers.

I am so sick of that slogan "speed kills". Speed does not bloody kill, bad driving kills. If I drive down a straight piece of motorway at say, 200kph, chances are, I will not crash, whereas if I drive 50 kph on an icy windy country road, I most likely will. It's all relative to conditions. People who crash normally crash at speed on a country road, and then the clowns at the RSA say "Speed Kills", "Slow Down", then people who weren't speeding in the first place will slow down even further. Speeding in the wrong conditions will kill.

Saying speed kills is like saying "Sky scrapers Kill". Sky scrapers don't kill, jumping off them will though. It's also like saying walking kills, walking won't kill, but if I walk off a cliff, I will die.

Arrgghhh fuse blown :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

It's lashing rain and I've to walk to Dunnes. I'm not gonna get the bus because it's a waste of 1.70 going three stops, but by jaysus I'd love to just not go.

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    It's lashing rain and I've to walk to Dunnes. I'm not gonna get the bus because it's a waste of 1.70 going three stops, but by jaysus I'd love to just not go.

Just hop on ;) Do Dublin Bus even use those extra doors on the 12D models ?? If not, why are they there ??

Yes, but slow driving is probably a HUGE source of accidents. I was very close to overtaking him (but didn't) as there were cars zooming on the other side of the road. People like the driver on front will cause other more impatient people to over take and hence cause accidents, they should be treated like speeders and be punished accordingly (or even worse). If one person speeds, only one is at risk, ie, themselves (along with other people they may crash into), whereas a slow driver will cause many drivers to dangerously overtake and hence could cause more accidents.
    -You said it yourself, impatience causes the accidents, nobody is making them overtake the slower drivers.
    -If one person speeds, they are putting themselves at risk by their own choice, but they are also making the choice to risk others lives by doing so. The same goes for overtaking dangerously, no matter who is being overtaken, the oncoming drivers are put in danger.
    -I don't see why people would be punished for driving slowly? They're most likely driving slowly to be careful, it's up to everyone else to wait for a chance to pass them, that's just the way it is.
    They are doing something wrong, on motorways there is a minimum speed, and on other roads as far as I know too. They are being a nuisance on the road, whether or not is says so in law, they are more dangerous than fast drivers.

I am so sick of that slogan "speed kills". Speed does not bloody kill, bad driving kills. If I drive down a straight piece of motorway at say, 200kph, chances are, I will not crash, whereas if I drive 50 kph on an icy windy country road, I most likely will. It's all relative to conditions. People who crash normally crash at speed on a country road, and then the clowns at the RSA say "Speed Kills", "Slow Down", then people who weren't speeding in the first place will slow down even further. Speeding in the wrong conditions will kill.

Saying speed kills is like saying "Sky scrapers Kill". Sky scrapers don't kill, jumping off them will though. It's also like saying walking kills, walking won't kill, but if I walk off a cliff, I will die.

Arrgghhh fuse blown :P
    -I'm not sure about a minimum speed off motorways tbh, but it's obviously frustrating if you're in a rush somewhere and you're being held up by someone.
    -Speed is of course relative to location, but going too fast around a blind bend on a narrow road where there could be someone walking or cycling or in another car is still speeding, as is the 200km/h scenario. People tend to underestimate their speed and overestimate the abilities of the car and themselves. Even within the speed limits, if something happens you might not have a chance to react to it, but it gives you a better chance than if you're going too fast. It's all down to risk, and risk management. I know I'd rather err on the side of caution and increase my chances of avoiding or avoiding causing an accident. Speeding, in "appropriate" or inappropriate conditions, is still speeding, and does cause deaths on the roads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

I think you're challenging semantics there. The crux of the "Speed Kills" argument is that speeding contributes to a lot of road deaths. The RSA may be many things but it's strange to criticise them for campaigning against speeding. You say bad driving is a big factor in road deaths but surely exceeding the speed limit is tantamount to bad driving?

Straight stretch or not you need to take into account other impediments: a small bit of debris on the road / a spider crawls onto your face / a deer hurtles across the road / you fall asleep at the wheel, etc. While it's unlikely you'll emerge unscathed encountering something like that at 120kph, your chances are greater than doing 200kph or whatever speed you deem 'appropriate' for such a stretch.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 6,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Just hop on ;) Do Dublin Bus even use those extra doors on the 12D models ?? If not, why are they there ??

I'm in Galway. And discovered the bus is now 1.80...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

The washing machine has been on for about 5 hours now. I just want my clothes back! Why won't you finish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭skyscraperblue

The entire sole ripped off one of my favourite Uggs as I got off the bus today. So I had to do the 10-minute walk back to my apartment in what was essentially one boot and one sock. While carrying my gym bag and my Christmas shopping. In the rain.

(Okay so I know wearing Uggs in the rain was not smart, and 'I forgot to look out the window' is a horrific excuse for not realising it was wet, but it was still absolutely awful.)

oh my god! my laptop is soooo(x1000) slow. Im not sure if its a case of crap internet, loads or useless files or somethig terrible is happening but trying to load a page even this page is like being on dial up. my brain cant with stand these extreme slow speeds ive become accustomed to click, load, click, load. not click.......... white screen.......... few letters load............ page begins to load.......... pause.................30 seconds later paused.........few more letters and words load.... u may proceed to scroll 3/4 of the way down... please hold. load some more. welcome to the quick reply section, as im typing this now the page is still loading. Thank god i have no adverts on this or boy am i fup-ped.

It's not even 7am and I'm in college. Dedication, lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Deep breaths, it's gonna be some week or two. Lots of assignments and assessments ahead. Hope I make it out the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Right, my ****ty excuse for an essay is half done. I've 1,832 words need to do another paragraph but I only have 4 references :( Is this enough guys? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭Precious flower

Right, my ****ty excuse for an essay is half done. I've 1,832 words need to do another paragraph but I only have 4 references :( Is this enough guys? :eek:
    I think if you use the four sources really well then yes it's okay. I think it's more how you use the sources then the amount you have, I mean you could have 7 sources and still use them crappie, (although 4+ is usually how I tackle it). Saying that the more sources you have the easier it is to write an essay. I don't think I'd be able to write that much with only four sources!:o
    Arragh! I'm a bit peeved to hear the price of the normal buses and the city buses will be going up! I mean it went up last year as well. Come on guys, I commute into university because I can't afford to live on campus and rising travel prices is not making it easier (considering the services are a joke)! :( Soon it might be easier to live on campus!:D Completely unlikely situation but a person can dream!:P

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

I'm now on Christmas holidays...

Nothing to do now until the 20th of January...

:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Excuse the very long post, ranting and what not :P

Went over to pick up the last of our stuff from our old house Saturday and the landlord (who is not a very nice man) had thrown out tooons of our clothes and some other stuff. We rang him and he told us we had moved out so anything in the house now, including our amp, fish tank and some other stuff, were all his property. We started packing up what was left and sorting out a car to pick them up when he showed up telling us to get out and that all our stuff was his. It then changed to get all our stuff into the street.

Now normally I'm quiet and wouldn't say a word but this man just drives me crazy so I ripped into him. Technically we had moved out, technically we did leave stuff behind that we shouldn't have. However we hadn't gotten (and now will not be getting I believe) our deposit back and that house was not exactly run by the books to begin so we figured he wouldn't mind some clothes left there for a few extra days. And anyway, would a simple text to ask if we had moved all our stuff out yet have been that hard?

But two can play at that game. If we want to get technical about it I think it's time to look at tenants rights and the minimum standards for rented housing.

"Ensure that the rental property is in a proper state of structural repair. This means that it must be essentially sound with roof, floors, ceilings, walls and stairs in good repair and not subject to serious dampness or rotting."

"Provide heating appliances for every room lived in"

"Provide a fire blanket and fire alarms"

"Your landlord is only allowed to enter your home with your permission. If the landlord needs to carry out repairs or inspect the premises, it should be by prior arrangement, except in an emergency"

Our stairs and shower were falling apart, there was no heating in any of the bedrooms only a portable gas heater in the sitting room which wasn't in the best condition. There were no fire alarms or fire blankets. And he used to walk in randomly without even knocking as well as sending people over to view the house expecting us to show them around without even telling us. We also made friends with a few people who moved in and out over the last few months and I'm pretty sure some of them would have no problem reporting him too.

Landlord, you goin' down :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement