Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yes, you should have the Sin Bin - a receptacle where you place all the games as soon as you've procured them.

I have heard tales that if you leave them out on your front kerb on a certain night of the week (with a mystical 'Greenstar' sticker), a magical fairy will whisk them away for ever more.

You should wait around and ask the gentlemen working for Greenstar if they really are fairies.....
    And get someone to record the event...... I have a feeling it's be something you, or at least we, would want to remember.

And post on Youtube....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

/activate Retr0 level troll mode

Everyone ready for Nintendo's proper E3 announcements?
    5PM GMT
    http://www.engadget.com/2012/06/05/were-liveblogging-nintendos-e3-2012-keynote-at-12pm-et/

I'm ready for Wii U punchline where they say it was all a joke and wheel out the real deal that will be powerful, innovative with a real joypad as standard.

/Retr0 level troll mode disabled

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

iCXX1fHU2RUXn.gif

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Going to miss the conference. Stayed up for the Sony one which was a mistake and decided I wanted bed instead of getting off work early this morning, a wise choice because I'm nodding off now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

**** me Nintendo are just ****ting all over the other conferences. And it's only been on for ten minutes.

Regi is even sarcastically mocking all the other conferences!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

**** me Nintendo are just ****ting all over the other conferences. And it's only been on for ten minutes

I don't get why people keep going on about this, it's not as if the other big names have anything new coming out this year...Nintendo do, Sony & MS will be next year. This time next year it'll be the other way around

:confused:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

EnterNow wrote: »
    I don't get why people keep going on about this, it's not as if the other big names have anything new coming out this year...Nintendo do, Sony & MS will be next year. This time next year it'll be the other way around

:confused:

It's not just that though. Sony and Microsoft kept crapping on about 'entertainment' experiences and such nonsense, barely showing any games (MS especially). Nintendo are focusing on gaming hardware and gaming software, which is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

It's not just that though. Sony and Microsoft kept crapping on about 'entertainment' experiences and such nonsense, barely showing any games (MS especially). Nintendo are focusing on gaming hardware and gaming software, which is great.

Yeah but Sony & MS have consoles which are really on their last legs, I'd imagine there won't really be any big name developments for the PS3 or 360 from here on in...maybe the holidays, but that'll likely be it.

Nintendo have a new console coming out, they're at a different event really.

I've a feeling that Nintendo's share prices will take a hit after this presentation, or after the other one tomorrow night!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Frak, no new 3DS!
    Paper Mario Sticker Star looks great!
    Oh look, new Luigis Mansion!

GTA: Lego Edition, too!

That looks pretty brilliant, no reason it can't run just fine on a 360 or PS3 though, aside from the gimmicky pad bits. There's no way that's going to be exclusive, maybe they've paid to keep it so for 6 months or so.

Well it got ****ter and ****ter as it went on, concluding with a fart called Nintendoland.

Oh well. Tokyo Game Show, anyone?

igCXm26eeExlA.gif

Wii U!
    So far it has a few things that might be good but in general.......

24969d1294710007-mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm-turn-up-speakers-im-not-impressed.jpg

Others will of course disagree but that's just how I see it at the moment.

You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?

Fake... but still awesome!

Well I'm more excited about this WiiU title than anything else I've seen at E3:

http://e3.nintendo.com/games/#/wiiu/projectp-100

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

I've a sudden hankering to collect NTSC-J baseball games.... :confused:

Game & Wario looks fun, but everything else looks like the 360 or PS3 can do it.
    I'll own a WiiU before I own a PS3 again, I think anyways...
    Depends on Trico...

• Advertisement

Still no sign of The Last Guardian, which is very worrying...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Imagine it became vapour-ware! :eek:

Last Guardian is definitely more of a Tokyo Game Show game, alas.

Still, the lack of information is increasingly frustrating. Especially when all we seem to get is information about internal strife.

One day, it shall arrive, and make true believers of us all. Until then: NintendoLand, fitness / dance / singing games, and stuff blowing up.

Honestly, I'd say the stuff blowing up count in the Halo and Sony conferences was into triple figures. Beyond, Tomb Raider and Resident Evil 6 alone suggests we are in for a year or two of endless kabooms.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The studio is kind of going through a troubled time at the moment so it's a possibility.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,431 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

The Last Duke Nukem Guardian forever?

I think Final Fantasy Versus XIII is a better candidate to take the vapourware crown.

21536597.jpg

Just grabbed the PC floppy disk version of Rise of the Robots from a seller in Dublin.
    The guy knows what he has as well, nabbed it for 1 euro complete in box with all abominations intact.

82423218.jpg

Steve SI wrote: »
    Just grabbed the PC floppy disk version of Rise of the Robots from a seller in Dublin.
    The guy knows what he has as well, nabbed it for 1 euro complete in box with all abominations intact.

Here's several other things you could have bought with one euro:

A Wispa Gold.
    Two - three delicious apples, depending on the retailer in question.
    A song.
    Half a chicken fillet roll.
    A dodgy burger in McDonalds.
    Parking in any number of city centre locations.
    Bus fare, if you lied and said you were under thirteen.
    Almost two stamps.
    The humble indie bundle.
    A discounted app on the application store or equivalent.
    A singular LED light.
    Several buttons from the button retailer.
    Envelope. Perhaps several.
    Whatever monstrosity is located in the yellow sticker Tesco discount section. Maybe cheese!
    A phone call and / or several text messages.
    A tabloid newspaper.
    A singular attempt at a crane game.
    One-two credits in an arcade game of your choice.
    Very, very little petrol.
    You could drop it off a high building and see what happens.
    Charity.
    You could throw it at someone, boasting about your superior wealth while you're at it.

I could go on.

Here's several other things you could have bought with one euro:

A Wispa Gold.
    Two - three delicious apples, depending on the retailer in question.
    A song.
    Half a chicken fillet roll.
    A dodgy burger in McDonalds.
    Parking in any number of city centre locations.
    Bus fare, if you lied and said you were under thirteen.
    Almost two stamps.
    The humble indie bundle.
    A discounted app on the application store or equivalent.
    A singular LED light.
    Several buttons from the button retailer.
    Envelope. Perhaps several.
    Whatever monstrosity is located in the yellow sticker Tesco discount section. Maybe cheese!
    A phone call and / or several text messages.
    A tabloid newspaper.
    A singular attempt at a crane game.
    One-two credits in an arcade game of your choice.
    Very, very little petrol.
    You could drop it off a high building and see what happens.
    Charity.
    You could throw it at someone, boasting about your superior wealth while you're at it.

I could go on.

How dare you make fun of my work in progress modern art piece :D
    And now I've a craving for a Wispa Gold.

Also, anyone who only spent 1 Euro on the humble indie bundle should be spanked for at least an hour.

• Advertisement

l2jg2.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement