Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »
    Perhaps the poor 3D is a feature.

Can you spot why 3D might be an issue for this guy?

metal-gear-solid-3d.jpg

Actually explains a lot about his shooting skills, and for years I thought it was my fault! The plank has no depth perception!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

Golden Eye fan made mod with updated graphics:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,568 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I wonder if they'd like to use my hospital of employment to make a Silent Hill parody or head to Limerick and create GTA:Limerick IV!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I wonder if they'd like to use my hospital of employment to make a Silent Hill parody
    seriously, I'd love to do that
    or head to Limerick and create GTA:Limerick IV!
    300114_2534552204615_49773765_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,790 ✭✭✭Jack burton

I have a question that's not gaming related but I know a lot of people here are from Dublin. I'll be going to dublin next weekend for some events and i'll be going out aswell. Usually I'd go out places that wouldn't really care how ya dress, since I'm a tee shirt and sexy runners man, and by sexy runners I'd be talking about things like these bad boys http://www.afew-store.com/bilder/blog/Adidas-Campus-Vulc-Skate/Adidas-Campus-Vulc-Mid-Schwarz-02

Anyway, my question is that if we end up going to clubs or something are the doormen in Dublin dickheads about wearing shoes? Because I dont wear shoes unless I'm wearing a full suit. Normally I wouldn't really care but I don't want to be a bother on everyone else going aswell. I have a pair of of these http://www.fixed****up.co.uk/cog/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/suicidal-tendencies-vans-syndicate-era-1.jpg would they do the job if they are sticklers for it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Haven't really gone out much lately but from my experience all doormen are dicks about shoes. However it might have changed since they are crying out for business at the moment.

Yeah thats the thing, down here they just want anyone with money to go in now. More than likely I'll be thrown out after a few minutes.

Think I'm the only person I know to get thrown out of a nightclub for "over dancing" while I was sober

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

It depends on the places you go. If your heading to Krystal then they don't like runners there unless your a celeb.

If your heading to Coppers then just bring a box of condoms and some antiseptic(dettol works well).

Ah I heard Krystal being mentioned, well I could just put my black socks over my shoes again, bollox anyway. Say I could get away with them plain black runners?

I went to coppers when I was like 18 and even then I thought it was the worst thing ever, and I got thrown out, well hoisted would be a better word

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Go to Jurassic Park.. I mean the arlington hotel :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

End up in Doyles 85% of the time we go into town for the dual principles of a) it's free and b) it plays music that doesn't make one's ears bleed.

Ah sure I might jsut get a pair of plain black vans and sure what happens happens. I love going to nightclubs where everyone thinks they are the **** though because I love dancing on my own and completely ruining anyone who tries to challenge me!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Well you know I'm like totes always being papped in Krystal and lillies but to go low key I'm usually to be found in fibbers.

End up in Doyles 85% of the time we go into town for the dual principles of a) it's free and b) it plays music that doesn't make one's ears bleed.

Hipster joint....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Plus this is Dublin, and not the country where most places don't care what you're wearing on your feet.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,296 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Hipster joint....

I got into an argument with someone recently when I claimed that Sweeney Mongrel's was a hipster joint. I was then informed that it once was a hipster joint, but by virtue of it not being 'new', it was no longer a hipster joint. I asked the guy what was a popular hipster joint these days, then. He smiled sadly and walked into the sunset. If you listened carefully, you may have heard the distant sound of Lust for Life by Girls.

I actually like Doyles :P

Looks like Capcoms hiring of the cheapest localisation guys they can get and marketing contractors is paying off. Asura's Wrath has a typo on the box.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭HeartOfTheCity

Not a rock and roll way to spend your Friday evening : watching season one of 'Gamesmaster'.

Well you know I'm like totes always being papped in Krystal and lillies but to go low key I'm usually to be found in fibbers.

It must be my age, some generational thing, but I have no idea what you just said.

In my experience, however, clubs in Dublin will not allow trainers full stop, unless you are Pdbhp, cos of the whole Tallafornia thing.
    Country clubs don't care once you're not dragging cow sh1te in on the floor!

You know, I preferred it years ago when they had to feed you in order to have a late licence, cheap chicken curry at 2am, perfect! Double Plus Good, don't think there's a piece if meat in there!

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Looks like Capcoms hiring of the cheapest localisation guys they can get and marketing contractors is paying off. Asura's Wrath has a typo on the box.

If the demo is anything to go by, they chose the cheapest development team too! Actually devoid of gameplay.

It must be my age, some generational thing, but I have no idea what you just said.

In my experience, however, clubs in Dublin will not allow trainers full stop, unless you are Pdbhp, cos of the whole Tallafornia thing.
    Country clubs don't care once you're not dragging cow sh1te in on the floor!

You know, I preferred it years ago when they had to feed you in order to have a late licence, cheap chicken curry at 2am, perfect! Double Plus Good, don't think there's a piece if meat in there!

Translation for the elderly: "I am most definitely always being photographed by paparazzi every time one attends afformentioned late opening establishments of drinking.

Really? I wear runners/converse everywhere and it's never been an issue. Even in places that are over 21/25!

They probably judge, by your attire, that you're there to take the bins out! ;)

They probably judge, by your attire, that you're there to take the bins out! ;)

Ah now!

To be fair, it's all about mannerism towards bouncers. I've often gotten in steaming drink to places just because I'm up for the chats with the bouncers. If you're nice and dont see you as a risk, chances are you'll get in

Think I'm going to be divorced!
    Seriously, I've been getting things sent to my work address so as to avoid my own personal Saurons gaze and its worked fine.
    Unfortunately I have moved post now and gone to work elsewhere and my wife has moved into my there.
    To cap it all though, the Puzzle Bobble over which there has been much drama has finally arrived in the state, to be delivered on Monday, to my old work address!
    She finds that and my whole retro game smuggling operation is exposed and I end up living out a cardboard box!
    No way over the weekend to arrange a pick up in a depot either! Arse!

Anyone who might want to jailbreak iOS 5.1 when it comes out in the next few weeks on iPad and iPhone might want to grab KakaoTalk Messenger 2.8.8 from the app store before apple pulls it.
    It's free.

Be quick :pac:

Steve SI wrote: »
    Anyone who might want to jailbreak iOS 5.1 when it comes out in the next few weeks on iPad and iPhone might want to grab KakaoTalk Messenger 2.8.8 from the app store before apple pulls it.
    It's free.

Be quick :pac:

I just did, now what does it do and why is it being pulled? :D

I just did, now what does it do and why is it being pulled? :D

Its all very cloak and dagger but basically its supposed to hold a vulnerability that can be used to jailbreak the latest (as yet unreleased)iOS.
    And that's coming from the guys who make the jailbreaks, not just some random dude.

I'm not sure how it works but I'm sure we'll find out in due course. It's an iPhone app but if you have a iPad download it anyway.

If the demo is anything to go by, they chose the cheapest development team too! Actually devoid of gameplay.

I really like cyberconnect2 but this doesn't sound good :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

What do you guys think is a reasonable price for DKC3 on the snes pal, boxed with manual and leaflets in good nick? Cheers

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement