Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Son Of General Retro Discussion

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Just realised that I have a money order for €40 in my coat pocket for a selection of N64 games I shifted!
    Happy days!
    Now, what to spend it on?
    A local Neo Geo stick would be just the ticket, regret selling my NeoGeo CD controller now!

Is there anywhere I can get a premade arcade stick, suited for wiring into a supergun?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Help! I'm hovering over the buy it now button on overblood on the ps1. Someone convince me otherwise :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Help! I'm hovering over the buy it now button on overblood on the ps1. Someone convince me otherwise :P
    get it so that Retr0 doesn't have to take his out of the glass case for the next beers you said you were hosting :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Do it. And get Overblood 2 while you are at it. Pipo compells you!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Listen your in the wrong place looking for people to talk you out of buying things

I've just racked up about 130 euro worth of purchases over the last 3 days. Some good schtuff in there though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

The wii impresses me more and more every day.

Got my wireless BB sorted today after being on lan for a few months:D
    So i connected the wii into the wireless and booted up the homebrew browser.
    Few downloads later and now i can play all the point and click Scumm titles

Other half is playing Monkey island at the mo

Also have frodo installed for Boulder Dash 1 and 2 and ill get a speccy emulator for BD3

And even more just lashed a usb keyboard into the wii happy days:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,848 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Sparks43 wrote: »
    The wii impresses me more and more every day.

Got my wireless BB sorted today after being on lan for a few months:D
    So i connected the wii into the wireless and booted up the homebrew browser.
    Few downloads later and now i can play all the point and click Scumm titles

Other half is playing Monkey island at the mo

Also have frodo installed for Boulder Dash 1 and 2 and ill get a speccy emulator for BD3

And even more just lashed a usb keyboard into the wii happy days:D

You can even run a web server on it if thats your cup of tea.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Sera wrote: »
    get it so that Retr0 doesn't have to take his out of the glass case for the next beers you said you were hosting :P

I never agreed to such a thing! I'm prettey sure I said *incomprehensible drunken slur*
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Do it. And get Overblood 2 while you are at it. Pipo compells you!

And so it is done. NTSC-J of course. I'll get a PAL overblood 2 next month. Also have a copy of Obscure sorted too! Any other relatively cheap "so bad they're hilarious" games I need to be made aware of?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Sparks43 wrote: »

Found the C64 emulator to be rubbish. Absolutely rapes the excellent SID chip music and is really choppy.
    Any other relatively cheap "so bad they're hilarious" games I need to be made aware of?

I'm pretty sure both Overbloods are in english, although it might only be the voice acting.

Any Dreamcast horror game that isn't Code Veronica. Illbleed, Blue Stinger, the Ring. The Mad Dog McCree games as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Found the C64 emulator to be rubbish. Absolutely rapes the excellent SID chip music and is really choppy.

Retro says its crap therefore it must be brilliant:D

Other half is very happy with monkey island and nicely distracted so time to grab the psp and head to bed for some hard as a rock Boulder Dash action:D

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure both Overbloods are in english, although it might only be the voice acting.

Any Dreamcast horror game that isn't Code Veronica. Illbleed, Blue Stinger, the Ring. The Mad Dog McCree games as well.

Yes but the Jap copies are a bit more expensive and it didn't get an NTSC release :)

Is July on the DC any good do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

I found this gem on Netflix.

It's like Teen Wolf but with a witch instead of a wolf:

Is July on the DC any good do you know?

Never heard of it.

Never heard of it.

Hmm, it might be a Jap only one. Don't know much about it myself, only that it always pops up for around the €3-6 mark on ebay and looks survival horrorish.

Ok I was totally wrong. It's a text based adventure game so must avoid!

Ok I was totally wrong. It's a text based adventure game so must avoid!

I think it might be the capcom text adventure that they were releasing episodically.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

There's a text adventure section in Saints Row 3.

There was a text adventure bit in Nier as well but there was so many genres mixed into that game that it was no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,448 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I came in this morning and the Halo standees were gone! No!!!

Then I noticed that the cleaning staff had just moved them to a safer spot behind my cabinet. How thoughtful!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

o1s1n wrote: »
    I came in this morning and the Halo standees were gone! No!!!

Then I noticed that the cleaning staff had just moved them to a safer spot behind my cabinet. How thoughtful!

The pantry floor is saved! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Pyongyang wrote: »
    The pantry floor is saved! :pac:

I hope he doesn't store them in the pantry! Flooding season will ruin them

EnterNow wrote: »
    I hope he doesn't store them in the pantry! Flooding season will ruin them

Personally I'd store them in the annex. Unless the pantry is in the annex, at which point perhaps sir may wish to store one's Halo pieces in the drawing room over on the east wing of the building, near the maid's quarters? :pac:

*Guffaw guffaw scoff etc!*

Jamesbottomtooth3.png

Master of the Universe

near the maid's quarters? :pac:

Some good sniffing can be had over there, I imagine? :p

I do all my sniffing in my pantry. Just me, a box of sealed PC Engine games and a plushie King Fossil for company.

The smell of investment!

In related news, o1s1n, if your gaf has a pantry, do you have one of those windows in your kitchen that when opened, has a tray inside it attached to a rope that is raised or lowered to the kitchen below?

I forget what they're called. I need to get one for my wife's birthday this year. :D

Master of the Universe

It's called a 'dumbwaiter'.

I have several. In fact there's one below the kitchen so my miners can bring up the gold directly from the mines.

Don't suppose they sell them in Brown Thomas do they? :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

What do you need one of those tray things for, yer misses has legs doesn't she? :p

In other news, cool pic:

Combo_Paris_StreetArtNews5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Ryu has come back and won versus boxers from worse positions....:P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

If your going to go to that much effort I'd say at the very least check your spelling

still cool none the less

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Personally I'd store them in the annex. Unless the pantry is in the annex, at which point perhaps sir may wish to store one's Halo pieces in the drawing room over on the east wing of the building, near the maid's quarters?

I say just to hell with it all and open the south wing early, I know it's not yet February and the Spring Ball is upcoming but the servants will just have to knuckle down.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement