Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft Doesn't Sleep (Off-topic MADNESS!!!)MkII

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭thermo

andy_g wrote: »
    Oh did you not hear? i was supposedly thrown out of the sport if the BS is to be believed.

Nope I heard you were DRIVEN out due to your LIES........

Never let the truth get in the way of a good romour.........

Gatling wrote: »
    To Cmag or not to Cmag that is the question

Go for it...... If you don't mind turning your AEG into a phallic-symbol.......... Your call.........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,559 ✭✭✭andy_g

thermo wrote: »
    Nope I heard you were DRIVEN out due to your LIES........

Never let the truth get in the way of a good romour.........

See story keeps changing, but truth is my equipment being stolen must be must be how i was, so called "thrown out of the sport" lol

I hope ye all sent your guns cards and boxes of chocolates bb's :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

I hope ye all sent your guns cards and boxes of chocolates bb's :eek:

Guns are in bed with me cards and chocolate not needed ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Jsmurff wrote: »
    Guns are in bed with me cards

Who needs chocolates when you have plenty of lube

X

Who needs chocolates when you have plenty of lube

X

Teflon or silicone darling?

Teflon or silicone darling?

Why should it be one or the other?? Can't they have both? ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Oh dear...

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21 davemaher

Hi i wonder if anyone could help i need to replace my spring on my fn herstal spr a5m sniper riffle its made by cybergun just dont know which type of spring to order online

• Advertisement

davemaher wrote: »
    Hi i wonder if anyone could help i need to replace my spring on my fn herstal spr a5m sniper riffle its made by cybergun just dont know which type of spring to order online

Afaik it's a vsr type

Afaik it's a vsr type

Some said its compatible with vsr 10 parts

Hi just wondering is there any safe silicone grease or spray that you can use say out of B and Q or woodies its for my spring replacement on my sniper rifle and which is better spray or grease thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭Mastercolm

Most of the stuff there will have extra crap added to it that will eat away at rubber etc inside your gun. Just go to any airsoft shop and you will grt some good quality stuff. As for grease or oil its really just preference most of the time.

[IMG][/img]0BD7AECB-4A58-4320-AC48-705FC31A7A53.jpg

My new VSS "vintorez".........

• Registered Users Posts: 34,441 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Hey folks! Long time no chat. I realized earlier today that we're coming up on 10 years since Airsoft was legalized in Ireland (Would be this August to be exact) so I thought I'd take a peak in and see what's going on.. wtf happened? :eek:

This place seems more or less dead. Airsofter.ie is dead, even ASI looks to have died a death a few years ago and is now just covered in spam. (I thought that would at least still be up and running with the Predator regulars)

Is everyone just on Facebook these days? Or is there even an airsoft scene left in Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭ElSniperino

There is a scene, but I think it's gotten to the point most people have enough face-to-face contacts that they just ring or text directly, and don't have to go through a public forum anymore. That's just my opinion.

I think people from all walks of life are turning to facebook for more of their daily lives... which is quite sad really... the amount of groups I had to remove myself from on daily basis was INSANE! So I deleted my account and created a new one and decided I wasn't going to re-friend anyone unless they noticed and sent me a request so far only 2 have done so and I barely talk to either of them...... I'am glad I have a predisposition for a solitary existence.

On the topic of airsoft and the lack of a "Scene" I haven't been out for a game in years so beyond this forum and facebook I have no clue what's going on or what the numbers are like. I never liked the facebook groups their almost always unregulated to the point where bickering gits get far enough to arrange a physical encounter... that and all the asian based profiles that blast all the groups with same advert for so called "custom made hand carved" wooden grips for your M9 beretta or your sig 22 series.

The biggest reason why forums like this are dying out is people seem to think that entire internet follows the same code of conduct as the like 4chan except that's not the case as forums like this one have a sense of decorum much like the real world and as in the real world we have these authoritative figures known as "Mods" who posses mythical weapons known as BannHammers and they will use them to enforce the rules, within reason of course, and people don't like this so they flee to where no mods exist and where reports go unread and their foulness is tolerated because facebook does sweet f all about the reports they receive as they're too busy hoarding all of our personal data to make their billions.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭Dogwatch

Airsoft is alive and well. Look at the support for the various event to support Simon (TANK 2.0).
    Great community when they pull together.

The sport is maturing and getting better.
    The quality of sites and players is improving and more people are prepared to travel
    for well organised events at suitable sites.

With numerous ways to commicate these days, no one platform will dominate.

Master of the Universe

I'm delighted to hear it's still going strong!
    Dogwatch wrote: »

With numerous ways to commicate these days, no one platform will dominate.

I know what you mean, but there's domination and then no activity at all - Which is a bit alarming when you check all of the old haunts! :eek:

I guess (similar to boards.ie as a whole at the moment) it's just another victim of the Facebook generation.

So as a new airsofter or someone interested in getting involved again after a long hiatus, is there anywhere you'd suggest starting regarding info on sites/shops etc? I thought even maybe the IAA website but that doesn't look to have been updated in an age...

• Advertisement

o1s1n wrote: »
    I'm delighted to hear it's still going strong!

I know what you mean, but there's domination and then no activity at all - Which is a bit alarming when you check all of the old haunts! :eek:

I guess (similar to boards.ie as a whole at the moment) it's just another victim of the Facebook generation.

So as a new airsofter or someone interested in getting involved again after a long hiatus, is there anywhere you'd suggest starting regarding info on sites/shops etc? I thought even maybe the IAA website but that doesn't look to have been updated in an age...

There's a blast from past ,

10 years this year and it's still going strong .

Sites wise .

Simtac ( excellent site and well run and good game variety. )

Redhills in kildare ( again well run site and good game variety last time there we had 66 playing on the day because of the numbers semi only games for cqb and burst for outdoors ) made to rethinking tactics and team work .

Fingal airsoft still going strong after 8 years still gets good reviews again well run by Bren out there I haven't been out there in a age .

Tallaght cqb decent site indoor cqb semi only games in a tight office block environment opens midweek and evenings .

Redbarn decent site well run and decent games haven't been there in awhile .

The Hive again based in tallaght indoor cqb fast game types decently run from reviews haven't been yet .

Bellurgan massive site known for big and medium sized milsims event excellent site don't get there enough.

Spec ops another big site mostly forest and woodland. has massive potential somethings need improving .

Retailer's

Hobby airsoft.

Airsofteire

Sg airsoft

SE airsoft

MIA

And a few others I can't think of currently most can be found on their various Facebook pages and offical websites

Master of the Universe

You're a star, thanks a million!!

Does anyone do maintenance work? Wouldnt mind having my old FAL looked at before hitting a site :)

Thermo and rooky of this parish are both very good

Anyone know what the storey is done South? In regard to sites I now there's Munster Airsoft in the city but I know the proprietor and I find that they are quite prickly most of the time if not just foul excuse for a human being… with the way this individual treats their customers it's utterly amazing their still in business

Anyone know what the storey is done South? In regard to sites I now there's Munster Airsoft in the city but I know the proprietor and I find that they are quite prickly most of the time if not just foul excuse for a human being… with the way this individual treats their customers it's utterly amazing their still in business

New site opened in or near Waterford(Wasteland) and you have (Absolute) the woodland site in Cork and Blackridge in Wexford.
    And Kilkenny airsoft site ,indoor range, shop
    Not too sure about retailers though

New site opened in or near Waterford(Wasteland) and you have (Absolute) the woodland site in Cork and Blackridge in Wexford.
    And Kilkenny airsoft site ,indoor range, shop
    Not too sure about retailers though

Cool guess I have plans for the summer and if this heat sticks around I am going to have to beef up my endurance cardio as I will literally get a stroke I nearly passed out after an easy 10min walk that actually took 18 minutes!

I want my rain back! Stop f*ing my rain!

I miss gaming 3 time a week ,
    Now it's once every few weeks don't mind the rain so much keep me cool in my maturing age leave the running and gunning to the whipper snappers

• Registered Users Posts: 1 klinkerzlc

Looking for an airsoft bolt action sniper from the 100 - 200 quid price range, anyone got any suggestions for best quality for price?

Do not get a bolt action rifle if you are just starting to play.
    You will be a huge disadvantage to all the other players.

Start with an electric rifle of your choice and after a while
    get a bolt action.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 Irishcookie

Hey folks new to the airsoft world but I'm already hooked. Just wondering is there any site to track down airsoft groups. I've played four different times with different people each time. I would like to try doing it with a group so as not to have the 10min of saying hello to new people and all the hand shaking.

Advertisement