Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Garage selling on a dangerous motor....what to do?

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭BrokenSpiral

Bohrio wrote: »
    That's just scarey

How can they put that car back on the roads is beyond me.

Can't even think what will happen if someone has an accident with that car...

WHEN someone has an accident in that car!!!
    As I am sure orlando will confirm, the back of hat car is about to fall off!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Mar4ix wrote: »
    he he he ... nice one... would somebody do long story short ? what about that car. really wont read thread from beginning.

p.s. who is Sergei ? :pac: :P

Don't bother posting in this thread again
    Don't post your rubbish then :mad:

Try reporting the posts the next time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Try reporting the posts the next time

:o noted mod but the ignorance gets to me somtimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

No naming and shaming btw :)

Eh thanks for editing my post but post 91 above was what I quoted. ;) also post 59 has the name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 orlando_l

<SNIP>

guys we seriously need to find the new owner of this M3 !!
    Broken Spiral and I should do some detective work i feel,
    im gona pop into <SNIP> on monday and try to get as much info as possible without giving too much away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 orlando_l

guys keep your eyes peeled for this M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Even trying to google the name of the place is breaking my laptop :rolleyes:

That damage is very sinister, I wonder when that damage happen in its lifetime? A re-shell at the very least :eek:

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

orlando_l wrote: »
    <SNIP>

guys we seriously need to find the new owner of this M3 !!
    Broken Spiral and I should do some detective work i feel,
    im gona pop into <SNIP> on monday and try to get as much info as possible without giving too much away!!

No naming and shaming.

Infractions and bans will come next.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭milhous

Just saw a Saab and googled the 'correct' number'(see ad). Someone wanna check out a 93?
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/2955988
    Oh and you can see his face in the third photo, just in case he changes his no. at least you'll notice him if he's showing you a car.
    How much is a new sim card like? a fiver?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,570 ✭✭✭rebel.ranter

orlando_l wrote: »
    there is something wrong with it the back end is falling out of it!! its the 2003 bmw m3
    03D77744!!!

It's back up for sale:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3579619

When will people just give up? Seems to be getting dearer too.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

It's back up for sale:

http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/3579619

When will people just give up? Seems to be getting dearer too.:rolleyes:

maybe finally fixed ? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

Different phone number this time
    ... 0866594330 ... 086-6594330 ... 086 6594330

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MagicRon

Mar4ix wrote: »
    maybe finally fixed ? :P

Possibly... has an NCT anyway :)

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Divorce Referendum

MagicRon wrote: »
    Different phone number this time
    ... 0866594330 ... 086-6594330 ... 086 6594330

Seems to be the number liked to a company called concept vehicle wrapping. A link to the bmwdriver.net thread on the car has even been posted on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Concept-Vehicle-Wrapping/120193898048917

The car was flagged with the NCT as unsafe and I was told that it could not be tested for NCT without an Engineers report due to the nature of the damage to the vehicle and as the damage to the would have cost twice the value of the car to fix PROPERLY, I struggle to see how the car could have a valid NCT!

If I was a Garda I'd be asking serious questions about where/how that car got an NCT!!!!!

And worth noting that "Concept Vehicle Wrapping" have left the ad posted on their FB page but deleted the comment and the link to the forum which has the photos and detail of the damage.....

V dishonest!!!!

Seems to be the number liked to a company called concept vehicle wrapping. A link to the bmwdriver.net thread on the car has even been posted on their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Concept-Vehicle-Wrapping/120193898048917
    They are editing their Facebook comments and removing the link to this cars history....but left the ad up....what does that say????

I don't know how this car could have been fixed properly and passed the NCT....very very shady.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭pippip

Someone on bmwdriver.net says donedeal have been notified and contacted the seller who claims a lot of money has been spent to fully repair the car and all is legit.

http://www.bmw-driver.net/forum/showpost.php?p=471892&postcount=86

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I'm sure someone could have done the sub frame and springs and other items that might be an nct fail for fair less than the prices originally quoted.
    That said, if the sellers are actively hiding the cars past, it would seem nothing has been done.

• Advertisement

Well the seller must really over M3's cause to repair that would cost more than the car is worth now even with Ed china doing it for free labour.

If the new seller has had the subframe REPLACED and has an engineers report then the car is safe but if anyone is looking at this they should be asking for the receipt for the replacement subframe from BMW and a receipt for the work done.

In addition to the sub frame issue the following had to be done as a minimum:
    Rear shocks Replaced
    Front strut brace Replaced
    Engine Oil Leaks (there were several leaks from the top, side and bottom of the engine from memory! Might be only 2 leaks?!)
    Gearbox oil Leaks (I was told a rebuild might be required!)
    Diff Replaced
    1 Drive shaft replaced
    Possible clutch issue (might have been the gearbox and diff issues but might not!)
    Possible Vanos issue!

If the seller has done all of that then fair play to him and a buyer can have a bit of confidence, but I still wouldn't touch it again!

That's all fair however someone said that its unlikely that it could have a valid nct due to repair costs being greater than car value. I figure many of the issues listed, while being serious and costly issues to put right may not be an nct failure. I'm talking about stuff like small oil leaks, vanos issues, clutch or diff problem. I'm not saying you could live with any of those issues. You could not and the car would still be a heap but nct requires a very basic level of soundness which could very possibly be met cheaper than estimated with breaker parts.
    No doubt it still a crap car though.

Ok so the car has been repaired finally, still this car was driven for over 1 year with that damage (what does that do to stress out the bodywork, chasis, suspension etc?), would anyone in their right minds trust it with their lives. I am sure the seller has the best intentions and is wonder why we all dont go away now the damage has been fixed, but IMHO that car was, is and always will be a lemon. Anyone that buys it better buy it cheap (talking half asking here) cause the risks are just too great. Were not talking a yaris here, thats a car that can reach huge speeds and is under huge stress.

To the seller, sorry but social media works both ways.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

report him nobody should sell a dangerous car that could have you crash and someone else aswell

How do we know it has been repaired? Has someone been to see it?

Ok so the car has been repaired finally, still this car was driven for over 1 year with that damage (what does that do to stress out the bodywork, chasis, suspension etc?), would anyone in their right minds trust it with their lives. I am sure the seller has the best intentions and is wonder why we all dont go away now the damage has been fixed, but IMHO that car was, is and always will be a lemon. Anyone that buys it better buy it cheap (talking half asking here) cause the risks are just too great. Were not talking a yaris here, thats a car that can reach huge speeds and is under huge stress.

To the seller, sorry but social media works both ways.

Thats a fair point but dont nearly all M3's have problems with the subframe cracking?And i admit of course it is worse in this case. However if you apply the logic above then you should stay away from these as well as I am sure sometimes the cracking isnt spotted early.

Thats a fair point but dont nearly all M3's have problems with the subframe cracking?

No they don't, and any that do are usually beyond economical repair, certainly BMW thought so when they had to fix them.
    And i admit of course it is worse in this case. However if you apply the logic above then you should stay away from these as well as I am sure sometimes the cracking isnt spotted early.

Having looked about 10 months ago, I can tell you that the quality of e46 M3 in Irelands is terrible, these are falling into the wrong hands now and there are some real dogs out there, this one just happens to be famous. I would only by one off and enthuast site and pay what would be top price, otherwise your into a world for hurt. This car was 8k 12 months ago and the cheapest on car zone with a dealer warranty.

No they don't, and any that do are usually beyond economical repair, certainly BMW thought so when they had to fix them.

Having looked about 10 months ago, I can tell you that the quality of e46 M3 in Irelands is terrible, these are falling into the wrong hands now and there are some real dogs out there, this one just happens to be famous. I would only by one off and enthuast site and pay what would be top price, otherwise your into a world for hurt. This car was 8k 12 months ago and the cheapest on car zone with a dealer warranty.

Am in fairness a fair few have that problem, a quick google of the problem and its crazy to see the amount that have had it. A recall on the issue in the US as well as far as I can see. If one car can fail why not them all? It must be a design issue.

About 7-10 people mentioned on the thread about this car on bmw cutters forum that they had subframe cracking on these cars and had it repaired by BMW as they knew about the problem so I doubt that they have treated them all as beyond economical repair.

In relation to them falling into the wrong hands, the problem of proper car maintenance and car care in Ireland isnt only on M3's as you too well know. Its sad but what can you do?

• Advertisement
Advertisement