Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

RacePix.com is 3! 5km Fun Run & Race. Sat 22nd October 11am

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

4 stars (good)
    Also enjoyed this a a first 5K, didn't get to the sports hall either as I had a 3 year old Birthday party to attend which was almost harder than the race!
    Thanks for the advise re pacing Dave, I ended up pretty much as you suggested 20:40 finish according to my garmin so happy with that. Also have to complement the signage from the main road which made it easy to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

No provisional results will be online very soon. I am confident they are accurate as I logged them ;) and we have a video to review if you have any queries or spot an inconsistency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

4 stars (good)
    No provisional results will be online very soon. I am confident they are accurate as I logged them ;) and we have a video to review if you have any queries or spot an inconsistency.

Results up!!
    Cheers Dave.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Stupid_Private

Photos and results from today available...

Provisional Results can be found at http://www.racepix.com/is3

Photos...

I'm delighted that the Time Bonus that was set during the week was beaten in the men's race.
    Thomas Fitzpatrick of Tallaght AC won the males race in 14.49 and Mary Hanley took the women's race.
    The mixed team prize went to Rathfarnham WSAF.

Thanks so much to everyone who raced today, making the event what it was. We may have had a biscuit or two too many. These were the leftovers! Noted for next time...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

3 stars (average)
    Well done Roadrunner, that was a well organized race, even despite the chiptiming cockup, ya still manged to get results up online afew hours after the race (It just proves that a well run manual system is still as good as chiptiming for a small race like this in my opinion, too much is read into having to use chiptiming!)

I approached this race like every other 5k, off like a rocket and hang on ha, except I fell off the pace of the group I was with 2nd lap, I finished strong, trying to catch some of them back up, but damage was done and I didn't dig into the reserves and try kick on the final 1/2 a km. So bad race as such, but overall happy with my time considering this, and the wind/lapping people etc!

• Advertisement

Timmaay wrote: »
    Well done Roadrunner, that was a well organized race, even despite the chiptiming cockup, ya still manged to get results up online afew hours after the race (It just proves that a well run manual system is still as good as chiptiming for a small race like this in my opinion

cheers in fairness Darren is responsible for the speedy results. Definitely agree about chips. Bhaa can get accurate results for large races so chips aren't always required. I'm very confident people's times will be correct on results anyway.

Still we were badly let down by chip company. Stopped taking my calls Thursday evening. I will give him a chance to explain before I name and shame in case he has a legit reason. Big thanks to family and friends who helped out today. Shels, Jb-ski (&gang) and Ultraman1 gave up their Saturday morning to help us out. It's much appreciated and I hope we can return the favour soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

My result for the race was bang on by my watch time so the manuel way still is accurate.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭SureWhyNot!

4 stars (good)
    Enjoyable course, race and crowd. Hats off to the organisation. I would agree that there is not need for chip-timing. Manual system works well, but does need the bodies as number grow... well done today.

Improvements for next year... Salt & Vinegar Taytos please... and I would personally feel AC/DC much more appropriate warm up music for a 5k than ABBA. Even given the serene setting, c'mon what was the story with ABBA. :)

And where was the birthday cake??? ;)
    Post race refreshments including birthday cake ;) will be back in the sports hall.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

4 stars (good)

Still we were badly let down by chip company. Stopped taking my calls Thursday evening. I will give him a chance to explain before I name and shame in case he has a legit reason.

Name and shame, their name is mud on here already and they never have once come back to explain any of their past misdemeanors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

Well done on the race lads.Just one thing I noticed was the cash bonus for the women was sub 15.50 :confused:
    Only 2 mens went sub 15.50 in this race.Maybe take the top 5 races and convert the average as sub 15.50 seems a bit high of s mark compared to the mens.
    Well done on Tom,ran 6miles with him this evening,goes to show the dedication after winning a race and running in the evening.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭W.B. Yeats

3 stars (average)
    Thoroughly enjoyed the race (well not the actual running but the after bit once I finished)
    One for a PB- nice crowd and actually found it quite sheltered
    Went out way too quick- 3.53 for 1st km:eek:, it was uphill after that.
    Finished 21.10 a few secs outside PB but happy that I'm not back on a few weeks ago despite not training much the past few weeks.
    Didn't realise re chip company causing the start delay, so very understandable that we were a few mins late.
    There was a decent spread at the end.

Met the family and the 2 lads that take pics at a lot of the events, had a great chat with them after, lovely folk. They posted great pics on Flickr including a few of me, the brother in law, the two of them and the great David Brady from Raheny- running his 200th marathon in Dublin next week.

Glad you enjoyed it WB. The chip company didn't actually cause the slight delay at the start it was actually the fault of security. A breakdown in communications meant none of the barriers or bollards had been lifted. This meant we couldn't get the car onto the course and put down markers and start line signage. I nearly had a minor aneurism :)

Yeah the Mooneys are responsible for lots of race photos. The 2 lads are running Dublin next week and expect both of them to blast well under 3hrs. Peter a maynooth colleague might even get into the low 2.30s. No pressure like ;)

W.B. Yeats wrote: »
    Thoroughly enjoyed the race (well not the actual running but the after bit once I finished)
    One for a PB- nice crowd and actually found it quite sheltered
    Went out way too quick- 3.53 for 1st km:eek:, it was uphill after that.
    Finished 21.10 a few secs outside PB but happy that I'm not back on a few weeks ago despite not training much the past few weeks.
    Didn't realise re chip company causing the start delay, so very understandable that we were a few mins late.
    There was a decent spread at the end.

Met the family and the 2 lads that take pics at a lot of the events, had a great chat with them after, lovely folk. They posted great pics on Flickr including a few of me, the brother in law, the two of them and the great David Brady from Raheny- running his 200th marathon in Dublin next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Pronator

3 stars (average)
    Well done Dave and Darren a good race, pity you did not turn off the wind:D There is not a flatter 5k about unless you run on a track. 5k is a different animal when your training for a marathon:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Just curious if this is being run again this year, excellant race last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,623 ✭✭✭dna_leri

Anyone know if this race is planned for 2012?
    I could do with a good 5K around that time.

Advertisement