Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭rustynutz

Dubba wrote: »
    Carrera TDF Limited Edition Road Bike for €327.99 is a pretty good bargain alright. I saw one in Halfords recently, picked it up and twas quite light so must be good :pac:
    I still convinced my friend who was buying a bike at the time to go for the Boardman Team Carbon tho. :cool:

Wiggle have felt f95 for 408 pounds, works out at €508 delivered, just bought one : )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,700 ✭✭✭brayblue24

That's good, that bike was €595 with Wiggle up to a fortnight ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭furiousox

Probable authenticity 'issues' but bargains nonetheless

http://www.cycling-jersey.net/

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

buy one bike get one bike free from planet x tomorrow

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=290242144325650&set=pu.158554890827710&type=1&theater
    Attention all roadies! It may be time to expand your arsenal.... Tomorrow's deal on the new On-One Carbon Whippet X9 bike, normally £1499 is GET A FREE ON-ONE POMPINO URBAN FIXED GEAR BIKE worth £449.99!!! The deal of the year- buy one bike get one bike FREE!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Castelli Sottile Waterproof Jacket - €47.92 however shipping is €40 :eek: Anyone interested in a groupbuy?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

furiousox wrote: »
    Probable authenticity 'issues' but bargains nonetheless

http://www.cycling-jersey.net/

Anyone any experience of these guys or the product ? Good price for winter sets, but too good ?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

Lemag wrote: »
    Castelli Sottile Waterproof Jacket - €47.92 however shipping is €40 :eek: Anyone interested in a groupbuy?

Not so sure about that site. You can get it cheaper at PBK anyway....with loyalty points and free delivery....

www.probikekit.com/eu/clothing/mens/cycling-clothing/jackets/castelli-sottile-cycling-jacket.html

you can thank me later.....;)

SAINTRON wrote: »
    Not so sure about that site. You can get it cheaper at PBK anyway....with loyalty points and free delivery....

www.probikekit.com/eu/clothing/mens/cycling-clothing/jackets/castelli-sottile-cycling-jacket.html

I'd be swimming in those sizes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

with loyalty points

Which online cycling shop offers the best loyalty points discount?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,303 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Deedsie wrote: »
    Which online cycling shop offers the best loyalty points discount?

i think probikekit are the only ones with loyalty points

its pretty reasonable, i got about 6 quid back off my last order (and i could use their 10% off voucher as well)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

i think probikekit are the only ones with loyalty points

its pretty reasonable, i got about 6 quid back off my last order (and i could use their 10% off voucher as well)

wiggle offer a tiered discount{gold,silver,bronze}which is quite good. I think it starts at 5% after you spend £1OO and so on. Haven't bought much from them in a while but seem to remember the discounts worked well.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,896 ✭✭✭furiousox

Dr.Millah wrote: »
    Took delivery of the Sky Gilet today, nice piece of kit for 25 quid!

+1, got mine today! :)

BTW, Aldi HRM watch available this Sunday for 14.99
    Has anyone got one before, any good?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_18332.htm

CPL 593H

• Registered Users Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭chakattack

furiousox wrote: »
    +1, got mine today! :)

BTW, Aldi HRM watch available this Sunday for 14.99
    Has anyone got one before, any good?

http://www.aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_18332.htm

Yes they're not great....

I have one - free to a good home if anyone wants to collect it. I think you need to use electrolyte gel on your chest for it to work properly - too much hassle

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Oooh. Bagsy. Where do you live?

Khannie wrote: »
    Oooh. Bagsy. Where do you live?

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

chakattack wrote: »
    Yes they're not great..... I think you need to use electrolyte gel on your chest for it to work properly - too much hassle

Glad to know it isn't just my one, desperate trouble trying to get it to pick up heart rate and as you say the gel is to much hassle. My monitor most often shows I am either dead or have a chronic heart problem.

Glad to know it isn't just my one, desperate trouble trying to get it to pick up heart rate and as you say the gel is to much hassle. My monitor most often shows I am either dead or have a chronic heart problem.

I think you do...chronically high VO2 max!

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭granda

if you have a hairy chest like me then gel is a must with all hrm the best is in tens gel boots btw there is a 50% off sale in quay cycles in drogheda on everything except bikes but i think it finishes tomorrrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

10 pound (11.50 Euro) off all orders above 50 pound at Chain Reaction until Tuesday Night.

Had a few things in my basket so just had to buy them seperately and saved a few pound :)

code: tendv

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Tesco sale on
    17in1 multi tool

From €15.50 to €3.25

http://direct.tesco.com/product/images/?R=202-4853

AW07202-4853TPS255302.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

granda wrote: »
    if you have a hairy chest like me then gel is a must with all hrm the best is in tens gel boots btw there is a 50% off sale in quay cycles in drogheda on everything except bikes but i think it finishes tomorrrow

The polar CS400 requires only a dab of water, works perfectly, no gel.

Believe me, my body has made a jumper for itself I'm such a hairy git.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

chakattack wrote: »
    ...chronically high VO2 max!

I am intrigued. What would chronically high be?

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Doc Daneeka

Ordered one of these. Only thing is I need it to be delivered for next Thursday the latest. What's the delivery times off PKB like?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

granda wrote: »

i'm as hairy as a hairy gorilla, and have no problems with garmin hrm, and another one i got in argos. Wet the back of them and heart rate displays. no gel needed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

lennymc wrote: »
    i'm as hairy as a hairy gorilla,

you're still not as hairy as me :pac:

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭at1withmyself

Beone Storm Comp for 640 Euro on Chain Reaction Cycles:

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=59250

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭Dubba

Shimano Dura Ace 7850 50mm Carbon Clincher-pair
    down to £799.99 from £1,250.00

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/WPSHDA50MM7850/shimano-dura-ace-7850-50mm-carbon-clincher-pair

£44.54 claimed weight of 378g

£44.54 claimed weight of 375g

Both fit oversized (pretty much standard these days) bars.

Shipping is £12 so chuck a few things into your basket or perhaps organise a group buy.

However, I know nothing about this site :confused:

edit - there might be VAT added on to that and/or it may never actually arrive *shrug*

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Seems like a scam site unfortunately. Link.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement