Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

50% off an event fabric gilet http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-wickham-event-waterproof-gilet/

extra10 gets another 10% off for about an hour !

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭munsterleinster

Ordered one last week... Will give a report when it arrives.
    50% off an event fabric gilet http://www.wiggle.co.uk/dhb-wickham-event-waterproof-gilet/

extra10 gets another 10% off for about an hour !

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭G rock

just tried to order the last one in medium but the order confirmed page wouldn't load at the time...don't know if order went in now

grrr

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

A genuine bargain for the larger gentleman.

http://www.canyon.com/_en/outlet/article.html?o=A1017274

A1017274_img_big.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

Very good prices on schwalbe tyres over on Planet X. Today only apparently.

Anyone find a good price for the cadence/speed sensor for the Edge 500? I haven't bothered to look yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

Lemag wrote: »
    Very good prices on schwalbe tyres over on Planet X. Today only apparently.

This thread really will get me in trouble, going out on the bike before i buy some tyres i don't need !

Lumen wrote: »

Zorba wrote: »
    This thread really will get me in trouble, going out on the bike before i buy some tyresbike i don't need !
    FTFY;)

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Anyone find a good price for the cadence/speed sensor for the Edge 500? I haven't bothered to look yet.
    Quick scan, Amazon appears to be the cheapest. €36-ish, free delivery. Good price when CRC and Wiggle are looking for €45 or €50 before delivery and LBS's are looking at €50 - €60.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭kpac

Got Leopard Trek and Giant kits off this guy on eBay. Dirt cheap, quality isn't bad for the price, but obviously not up to the standard of paying €100+.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,010 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

kpac wrote: »
    Got Leopard Trek and Giant kits off this guy on eBay. Dirt cheap, quality isn't bad for the price, but obviously not up to the standard of paying €100+.

If you'd bought Leopard Trek and Radioshack you could mix and match bibs and jerseys for 2012. :pac:

• Advertisement

If you'd bought Leopard Trek and Radioshack you could mix and match bibs and jerseys for 2012. :pac:
    Ah shtop...

The Giant kit was for my dad, actually. He's rightly kitted out now - blue/white 2010 Giant Defy 2, blue/black kit, blue helmet, blue gloves - all unintentional of course. :D

Any bargains going on Boardsie kits?

Here :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

How much delivered?

SAINTRON wrote: »
    How much delivered?
    I think it was about €35 for jersey and bib shorts including delivery from China.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭Zorba

FTFY;)

Really should lower the limit on my credit card before it gets too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭SAINTRON

I think it was about €35 for jersey and bib shorts including delivery from China.

Rideable quality? But durability questionable? Sorry for the questions, but I was tempted by the prices and was unsure as to the rideable quality....;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Depends what size you are but things can be "arranged" ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,272 ✭✭✭Deedsie

How do you go about getting the boards kit?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭patrick151

Ordered a HTC jersey and bib set. Just hoping for better than those lidl jerseys

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Deedsie wrote: »
    How do you go about getting the boards kit?

There are orders every few weeks or you can put one together yourself but they are a bit of work, search for jerseys and order and you should find a good few.

I have 2 left in XXL from the original order, sixes are on the carvalho website.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Kevin dublin

Hi,

Any pics of the jerseys you have left?

Thanks

Kevin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭Home:Ballyhoura

A1017274_img_big.jpg

Wow that really is super value...considering the SRM is worth approx €3,000...the wheels are worth another €3,000 roughly.

If I had the money I'd nearly buy it sell the frame and be laughing with what you have for around €3,000 :D

But I don't have the money :p

SAINTRON wrote: »
    Rideable quality? But durability questionable? Sorry for the questions, but I was tempted by the prices and was unsure as to the rideable quality....;)
    Oh definitely. Good padding in the shorts and the jersey seems completely wind-proof like it should. With the price, I'd be happy if I got 2 or 3 month's use out of it...

CramCycle wrote: »
    Depends what size you are but things can be "arranged" ;)
    Either M or L, not sure...who makes them?

Selle Italia SLR Fibra saddle for £57.99 from Planet X.

Smart 7 Lux LED front and rear lights with Planet X overshoes and beanie only £19.99.

Cheap way to shave about 70g off your bike - Planet X QR Ti Skewers £14.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭seven stars

Smart 7 Lux LED front and rear lights with Planet X overshoes and beanie only £19.99.

€30.89 including delivery to ROI. Still a good deal I reckon.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭RobFowl

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=41435

FSA slk carbon fibre chainset (170 only and compact) only £71 (reduced from $289...)
    same one with 175 cranks £79

• Registered Users Posts: 14,292 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

RobFowl wrote: »
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=41435

FSA slk carbon fibre chainset (170 only and compact) only £71 (reduced from $289...)
    same one with 175 cranks £79

ISIS bb though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement