Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

decent price drop on Garmin VEctor 3s (one side pedal)
    https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ie/en/garmin-vector-3s-pedal-power-meter-2018/rp-prod173441

I checked earlier today and it was 532 euro and now its 413 euro.

CRC refunded money on my previous pedal as it was eating batteries and the contact was loose. I went with the same again and hopefully the issues are resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭gwakamoley

https://www.wiggle.co.uk/tacx-flux-s-direct-drive-smart-trainer/

Tacx Flux S trainer, 455 euro as of this morning. That's a good 100 euro less than anywhere else

• Registered Users Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

gwakamoley wrote: »
    https://www.wiggle.co.uk/tacx-flux-s-direct-drive-smart-trainer/

Tacx Flux S trainer, 455 euro as of this morning. That's a good 100 euro less than anywhere else

461 in Halfords today plus if you get the use of a 10% off it should come to €415

Sounds like a good deal if your in the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

461 in Halfords today plus if you get the use of a 10% off it should come to €415

Don't bother they're a pile of ****e, internal build quality is terrible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭JimmiesRustled

As others have said don't bother with the flux. Have had 4 units. 2 of the old standard flux and 2 of the newer "s" variant. They're rubbish. Spend a little more and get a Direto, kickr core or the new elite suito.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Northwave Extreme GT Shoes

These shoes are a fantastic upgrade & a bargain at €125 delivered if you like the colours available. I wear Northwave shoes and find the 46 is true to size.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Alanbt

dahat wrote: »

These shoes are a fantastic upgrade & a bargain at €125 delivered if you like the colours available. I wear Northwave shoes and find the 46 is true to size.

Must be the previous version but are £99 on Planet X. Not sure on postage costs though. Few more colour options

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SHNWEGT/northwave-extreme-gt-cycling-shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,132 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Alanbt wrote: »
    Must be the previous version but are £99 on Planet X. Not sure on postage costs though. Few more colour options

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/SHNWEGT/northwave-extreme-gt-cycling-shoes
    £100 for the White/Black and Yellow Fluo, £110 for the Blue/Black and Anthracite/Gold. Postage is £11 to Ireland.

The Anthracite/Gold are nice, be a good choice for an Australian.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

dahat wrote: »

Any other comments on sizing, hard to find review comments ?

Normally 43 but reviews on my last pair of cycling shoes (Scott road premium) all said they were sized small and went for 44 there which was about right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,214 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Normally 43 but reviews on my last pair of cycling shoes (Scott road premium) all said they were sized small and went for 44 there which was about right.
    I have a cheaper pair of Northwave shoes in 43 and actually find them a relatively large fit. I wear 42 in normal leather shoes, have a 43 in both Shimano and B'Twin which are on the tight side, and a Lake 43 which is a perfect fit - if that helps

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

I wear Northwaves, my shoe size is 46 but I sized up to 47 for a good fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,107 ✭✭✭mr spuckler

I'm a 43 and found them fine for length but slightly wide for me - I've a very narrow foot. I've a pair which I listed here ages ago and would let go for €50 now to get rid of them. They've not been worn since btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭thekooman

PBK have some decent discounts at the moment.
    Picked up a pair of Castelli Velocissimo bibs for 61 euro delivered.
    https://www.probikekit.co.uk/elysium.search?autocomplete=searchsuggestion&search=castelli%20velocissimo

even Free Aero's are < 100
    https://www.probikekit.co.uk/sports-shorts/castelli-free-aero-race-4-bib-shorts/11981620.html

• Registered Users Posts: 23,485 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Halfords
    Free Ridge Helmet (€20+) when you spend over €30 on Bike Accessories

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

Planet x are offering equivalence on the pound - euro exchange rate. £1=€1

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

lennymc wrote: »

near enough that way if markets keep trending downwards

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭lennymc

No, actual equivalence.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Whats happening

lennymc wrote: »

Planet x also increased prices by £100 on all bikes maybe 10 wks back due to currency concerns, so no real net saving versus what you would have got using revolut.

That said they have changed their courier to dpd last week so €9.99 package and €24.99 for a bike compared to what was £17.99 and £34.99. this alone will surely drive sales.

• Advertisement

Rapha sale started today - got a winter jacket for 60€ and a rain jacket for 72€. Some great prices on their base layers too - the merino ones are among the best you will find but a bit pricy if you pay full whack. Was looking at a few things that are already gone so if you are a common size id buy now, they often cut prices again towards the end of the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭harringtonp

I have a cheaper pair of Northwave shoes in 43 and actually find them a relatively large fit. I wear 42 in normal leather shoes, have a 43 in both Shimano and B'Twin which are on the tight side, and a Lake 43 which is a perfect fit - if that helps

Arrived today. I'm 43 in normal shoes and generally go size 44 in road shoes. Ordered 44 and the fit seems perfect though have yet to try them on the bike. Checked planet x again and they still have them at 100 stg across random sizes and colors

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Rapha sale started today - got a winter jacket for 60€ and a rain jacket for 72€. Some great prices on their base layers too - the merino ones are among the best you will find but a bit pricy if you pay full whack. Was looking at a few things that are already gone so if you are a common size id buy now, they often cut prices again towards the end of the sale.

is a castelli large the same as a rapha large?

NeonWolf wrote: »
    is a castelli large the same as a rapha large?

Depends on the collection but I'd say more often than not Castelli Large is much closer to Rapha Medium

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭motley

The Planet X store in Athlone is closing down and having a big closing down sale. They are getting rid of everything. Was there last weekend and got bib shorts for €20. Well worth checking out.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Depends on the collection but I'd say more often than not Castelli Large is much closer to Rapha Medium

So a small in most brands then :pac:

motley wrote: »
    The Planet X store in Athlone is closing down and having a big closing down sale. They are getting rid of everything. Was there last weekend and got bib shorts for €20. Well worth checking out.

They've posted on fb (under Planet-Bike-Ireland) saying they're having one final blowout this Saturday from 10-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭fat bloke

They've posted on fb (under Planet-Bike-Ireland) saying they're having one final blowout this Saturday from 10-5.

Is there a stocklist anywhere?

fat bloke wrote: »

I doubt it tbh, the website is still showing as if they were trading normally. Might be worth pinging them on fb to see if they'll reply.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,494 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

fat bloke wrote: »

Just random photos, I think he is just opening the doors on the two days a week as he is busy the rest of the time, I think.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement