Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the 'too good to be true?' halfords clothing bargain

Options
  • 24-10-2019 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭

Some big discounts in Halfords on Boardman and Altura clothing - a couple of jerseys (including long sleeved) for 6 EUR and jackets for 11 EUR. Collection only and a bit messy to find stock but good prices

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭seaviewphotos

Some big discounts in Halfords on Boardman and Altura clothing - a couple of jerseys (including long sleeved) for 6 EUR and jackets for 11 EUR. Collection only and a bit messy to find stock but good prices

Thanks, just reserved a nice jersey for €6. 😁😁

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

Cheers. I’ve reserved a jacket reduced from €70 to €11

• Registered Users Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭Trekker09

Nice one. Got a couple of jerseys and a jacket.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Cheers, 34 euro for two short sleeve , long sleeve jacket and a rain jacket

• Registered Users Posts: 7,890 ✭✭✭cletus

Also picked up a jacket, cheers. Strangely, the pricescanner.ie website hasn't picked up these reductions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭JMcL

It's also on bibs. Just picked up a pair of Altura Progel with a €65 discount :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ordered a pair of the casual shorts and a rainproof top, wont be overly upset at wrecking them on the mtb when its only cost 17 euros all in!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

JMcL wrote: »
    It's also on bibs. Just picked up a pair of Altura Progel with a €65 discount :-)

Where? I can’t find anywhere that has them available to pick up?

• Registered Users Posts: 679 ✭✭✭wheelo01

JMcL wrote: »

I can find them, just that they cant be collected, nor will they ship them, how did you get around this please?

I dont imagine you'll be getting them at that price, they are 56 pounds on the .com site, not 6 euro.(I do hope you do though)

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/cycling-clothing/shorts-trousers/altura-repel-bib-shorts-black

• Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭positron

That usually means it's out of stock at the particular store you are looking at. Try changing store to another one nearby (if there's one). Best of luck.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

wheelo01 wrote: »
    I can find them, just that they cant be collected, nor will they ship them, how did you get around this please?

I dont imagine you'll be getting them at that price, they are 56 pounds on the .com site, not 6 euro.(I do hope you do though)

https://www.halfords.com/cycling/cycling-clothing/shorts-trousers/altura-repel-bib-shorts-black

I just reserved a pair there myself pick up on the 1st Nov reservation number and all :D Unlikely to get them but you never know.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

Ive just ordered a pair of these bib shorts and got a confirmation text. They'll be available to collect from Monday 4th Nov. from Drogheda shop.
    Should I look for my 10% AXA discount ?

Just ordered a pair collection 4th November in Kilkenny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Similar, got a pair of the bib shorts with confirmation text for collection from 4th Nov from Blanch. Surprised it's so far in the future if it's store stock as otherwise why wouldn't they ship internally or from a warehouse to your preferred store?

Couldn't find anywhere reasonable for the NV3 tights, I think Navan was the nearest that had any availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Plastik

Reserved some earlier today also. It'll be interesting to see if they turn up. It'd be far from the first time that I reserved from Halfords and nothing ever ended up coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Reserved one of these just now. Always like to have a spare in case of a tip. Don't know anything about Boardman helmets so if anyone has any negatives before I pick it up I'd welcome comments:

https://www.halfords.ie/cycling/bike-helmets/adult-bike-helmets/boardman-rd-9-0-helmet-yellow-black

Plastik wrote: »
    Reserved some earlier today also. It'll be interesting to see if they turn up. It'd be far from the first time that I reserved from Halfords and nothing ever ended up coming.

Was in the Kilkenny store yesterday and they had jerseys that I've ordered in the correct size in stock, but not showing as in stock on the website. It looks like their POS system might be a bit iffy. Also, items that were in the online sale are available but at list price.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Similar, got a pair of the bib shorts with confirmation text for collection from 4th Nov from Blanch. Surprised it's so far in the future if it's store stock as otherwise why wouldn't they ship internally or from a warehouse to your preferred store?

Couldn't find anywhere reasonable for the NV3 tights, I think Navan was the nearest that had any availability.

Got a call from Halfords Blancherstown regarding my reserve and that they were informed by their main warehouse in Coventry that there was no stock available and order would be cancelled. When I said the confirmation text stated that it would not be available for collection until 4th Nov and that website showed availability on Fri for their store but not for others she said she'd keep the order open for now in the expectation that stock might become available.
    Anyone else receive similar? Sounds like they're trying to reverse out of their sale price under the guise of no stock availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,139 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Anyone else receive similar?
    I'd a Blanchardstown reservation for November 2nd and I was told the same (by voicemail) about stock.

I don't think they're reneging on the sale price, rather the website / reservation system couldn't keep up with the demand. That sort of price is either a mistake or to get rid of stock quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Got a call from Halfords Blancherstown regarding my reserve and that they were informed by their main warehouse in Coventry that there was no stock available and order would be cancelled. When I said the confirmation text stated that it would not be available for collection until 4th Nov and that website showed availability on Fri for their store but not for others she said she'd keep the order open for now in the expectation that stock might become available.
    Anyone else receive similar? Sounds like they're trying to reverse out of their sale price under the guise of no stock availability.
    I've four orders with collection dates on 31 October, 02 November and 04 November. Not too hopeful of receiving any of them though and not sure why only some stores could receive the stock when it clearly is coming from a warehouse somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,290 ✭✭✭positron

Thank you CantGetNoSleep for this post - I would like to nominate this post for "Bargain of the year" accolade.

Picked up one of the reservations I had made during the week - boardman bib shorts, jersey etc. Decent quality, and a steal for 6 euro each. Also picked up that dark long sleeve Altura thermo jersey in shop - it was out of stock online, but there was one in shop with a marked down price of 61 euro - also 6 at the till. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,959 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

Grabbed stuff worth 140 euros for 18 euros...Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Halfords Coolock said they had loads of stock not on the shelf. Very little on display for some Odd reason. I got a couple of things from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Plastik

Plastik wrote: »

Mine turned up today, collected from Halfords Carrickmines. Two bib shorts marked down from €142 to 12 quid, perfect for the commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,730 ✭✭✭meercat

Cheers op. Collected my order this morning. All 3 items I ordered turned up. Massive discount. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Utter Consternation

Slightly miffed that i did the click and collect option for a cycling jacket in Halfords in Carrickmines, i turned up and it was out of stock.

Slightly bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,368 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

Cheers CantGetNoSleep just picked up my order jacket,progel bibs shorts and picked up another Jersey and the Altura LS thermal Jersey.

The Altura LS said it was out of stock but when I went in there was one on the rack with no sales tag. I asked at the till and it scanned at €6 so happy days.

I'd recommend people go into the stores as theres all sorts on the racks and be sure to look at the items as some are in rag order clearly buried down the back for years.

Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,322 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Slightly miffed that i did the click and collect option for a cycling jacket in Halfords in Carrickmines, i turned up and it was out of stock.

Slightly bizarre.

Did the mail say it was in stock ? I ordered a few things and some stated they wouldn’t be in stock till November, although I did get a call to say they were now in.

For what’s it worth I got the board an rain jacket and also picked up an Alturra rain jacket my brother had reserved in Carrickmines

• Registered Users Posts: 7,217 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Glad a lot of people got sorted. My order arrived to the store for pickup - a Boardman rain jacket and removable sleeve jacket for 11 each (total saving 114 euro), an Altura and a Boardman jersey for 6 each (total saving 78 euro) and two pairs of Altura bibs for 6 each (total saving 130 euro). So paid 46€ for stuff with an RRP of 368€!

Also forgot that I had ordered the Lezyne light on here a few weeks ago

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 38,985 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Slightly bizarre.
    I ordered an Altura jacket for €12 and a pair of clear glasses for €6 last week from Halfords Coolock. Got a call a short while later that the glasses were out of stock - no worries I thought.
    Went to pick up the jacket an hour ago and lo and behold the glasses were there for me. Happy days!
    Have to collect a pair of Altura Progel Bib Shorts from Liffey Valley for €6 tomorrow :D

Advertisement