Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,829 ✭✭✭fat bloke

Ah fcuk! I never copped that! Ordered the chainreaction one thinking I was fierce clever altogether, have to cancel now. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

fat bloke wrote: »
    Ah fcuk! I never copped that! Ordered the chainreaction one thinking I was fierce clever altogether, have to cancel now. :(

I would go with Rose torque wrench , I have seen both of them and the Rose is by far the better quality, pretty decent fittings with it too.

They currently have a 10% off everything sale until 12/10/14 so e28.76 + P&P
    http://www.rosebikes.com/product/detail/aid:688277

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Ordered the rose one too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,060 ✭✭✭buffalo

clog wrote: »
    They currently have a 10% off everything sale until 12/10/14 so e28.76 + P&P

You mean I could've saved another €3.19 if I'd waited? Dammit!

Arrived today anyway, very shiny. Reminds me of a sonic screwdriver.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭clog

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭flying11

The official Garmin Sharp store are having a sale at the moment.

Mavic Ksyrium Elite S including tires for ~€360 + shipping.

Seems like a very good deal.(Same wheels are going for €570 on Merlin here )

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

Any idea on what shipping and tax will be for the wheels to be shipped from slipstream sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭letape

flying11 wrote: »
    The official Garmin Sharp store are having a sale at the moment.

Mavic Ksyrium Elite S including tires for ~€360 + shipping.

Seems like a very good deal.(Same wheels are going for €570 on Merlin here )

I presume they have been used?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

666bxg wrote: »
    Any idea on what shipping and tax will be for the wheels to be shipped from slipstream sports?

At least €100 shipping + duty which you pay on the shipping price plus the package value. The Merlin wheels probably work out cheaper in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭Unknown Soldier

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    At least €100 shipping + duty which you pay on the shipping price plus the package value. The Merlin wheels probably work out cheaper in the end.

They are about 414e Delivered to Ireland here:
    http://www.4thebike.de/wheels/roadbike/aluminium/8756/mavic-ksyrium-elite-s-wts

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

High 5 Zero - Buy One Get One Free! In Hollingsworth in Templeogue while stocks last.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Some really good liner gloves in Aldi at the moment. They're the running ones. Picket up 2 pars today for €8.

One for the ladies. I have the mens version and I love it. Very light. I wonder what's the difference between men's and women's cycling helmets apart from the colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Agree on the gloves I had a pair on with mitts this morning and worked a treat.
    Took them off when it warmed up a bit but saved bringing bulky golves.
    Some really good liner gloves in Aldi at the moment. They're the running ones. Picket up 2 pars today for €8.

One for the ladies. I have the mens version and I love it. Very light. I wonder what's the difference between men's and women's cycling helmets apart from the colour?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

Anyone buy any of the merino gear on here (arm warmers, base layers, socks). Seem like great prices. Can anyone confirm if they are itchy or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

crosstownk wrote: »
    In Hollingsworth in Templeogue while stocks last.

Can you expand on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭cython

Can you expand on this?

Maybe you're on mobile where subjects of replies don't show, but for the post in question subject was "High 5 Zero - Buy One Get One Free!", which makes the quoted text make sense

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭NBar

I think it's the €'s for it

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭useeme

cython wrote: »
    Maybe you're on mobile where subjects of replies don't show, but for the post in question subject was "High 5 Zero - Buy One Get One Free!", which makes the quoted text make sense

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,256 ✭✭✭Kaisr Sose

cython wrote: »
    Maybe you're on mobile where subjects of replies don't show

Thats it. Never seen a subject on a post before..most seem to put the detail of the offer in the body of the post. The subject being 'Bargain Alerts'

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Anyone buy any of the merino gear on here (arm warmers, base layers, socks). Seem like great prices. Can anyone confirm if they are itchy or not?

I find the 'thinny' socks excellent, have a baselayer top too which is good for the price but not the same quailty as smartwool etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,128 ✭✭✭mosstin

Anyone see reasonable overshoes anywhere? Looking for warm and reasonably waterproof. Budget of about €25 - 40.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭666bxg

mosstin wrote: »
    Anyone see reasonable overshoes anywhere? Looking for warm and reasonably waterproof. Budget of about €25 - 40.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/mobile/ie/en/shimano-tarmac-overshoes/rp-prod121774

Great deal, but only one size left (shoe size 44-45)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Kaisr Sose wrote: »
    Thats it. Never seen a subject on a post before..most seem to put the detail of the offer in the body of the post. The subject being 'Bargain Alerts'

Post edited accordingly. I originally started a new thread where putting the offer in the subject made sense but then a mod moved it to this thread where the subject gets a bit lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭dfdream

Anyone know what these wheels are like ?
    Was looking at Fulcrum 5 or Mavic Aksium for winter bike.

I have 2013 Fulcrum 5 and like them a lot but if these are similar spec/quality they are half the price.

Are they step up from Shimano R501 wheelset ?
    clog wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

I have some of their base layers. I would *not* recommend them, for reasons described in (nauseating) detail here, here, and here. They may be cheap, but they are not good value for money in my opinion.

For me they offer none of the (very real) benefits of merino and for the same money you'd be better off just buying synthetic versions. For base layers in particular I think that good quality merino generally outperforms synthetics but the Planet X/On-One merino isn't good quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Micilin Muc

dfdream wrote: »

I have 2013 Fulcrum 5 and like them a lot but if these are similar spec/quality they are half the price.

I have just switched my rear wheel from the Shimano R501 to Mavic Aksium (since yesterday evening). I got 8,500km out of the R501 wheels in 10 months. The rear wheel would have lasted longer if the derailleur didn't get caught in the spokes and make mince of them. Front wheel is still going fine with zero issues.

I can't tell yet what the difference is, but the sound off the freewheel is quite nice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭stecleary

The_Sub wrote: »
    Free Earhoox, just pay for postage.

To redeem them, just head over to our store and use the promo code “ORANGE100” at checkout.

http://earhoox.com/shop

Got mine yesterday.cheers, shame I ordered the wrong ones

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

dfdream wrote: »

I have both Fulcrum Racing 3's and 5's. I previously had 2 sets of Mavic Kysrium (one step up from Aksiums)

One set of the Mavics were 2012, the other 2013.. Why do I mention that? Well, from personal experience and from talking to several others including 2 very experienced mechs, Mavics have taken a serious drop in quality at the lower end.

On the 2013, both the spokes and in particular the spoke nipples and recesses are pure crap, cheap and badly finished... Stay away!

The Fulcrum 5 is a great wheel (the campy freehubs is loud to say the least.. The only downside that I have found)

They are cheap as chips on Merlin at the moment.
    A few of the fellas I spin with have the Shimano R500 series and as a winter wheel they are impressed with them.. Pretty bullet proof for the Wicklow hills!!

Ei

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

probikekit have 50% off OPQS 2014 gear at the moment...replica SS jerseys for 42 before shipping

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭ballyharpat

Quote: The_Sub
    Free Earhoox, just pay for postage.

To redeem them, just head over to our store and use the promo code “ORANGE100” at checkout.

http://earhoox.com/shop

Got mine as well, I have 3 other sets that are supposed to do the same thing, but the ear hoox are superior, hardly know that I'm wearing anything and the sound is not muffled like the other ones I have, big bonus- it's 2 pairs!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement