Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bargain Alerts - THE MEGATHREAD!!! - DON!! DON!!! DONNNNN!!!! *READ Mod Note in OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,830 ✭✭✭doozerie

Washing waterproof gear is fine if you wash it as recommended, which usually means either by hand or in the washing machine at 30C (and a relatively slow spin) and using appropriate detergent (generic liquid soap flakes are often recommended, or else one of the branded and more expensive products). Waterproofing doesn't fend off dirt or smells forever so it's inevitable that even waterproof stuff will need washing at some point. The waterproofing has a limited lifespan anyway, whether you wash it or not, so it's not like it'll last forever if you don't wash it.

And as mentioned, running the garment through a tumble dryer, or under a cool iron, is usually recommended too to reactive the waterproofing, so the waterproofing itself isn't as fragile as you might expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

The care directions for the Altura jacket are wash with non bio, max 30c, drip dry - do not tumble dry.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭paulgs

Half price cycle clothing in halfords, craft, sportful and something else I can't remember the name of.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭tacklemore

Hi all. I've still heard nothing from SportsWorld about the Altura jacket, even though I ordered well over a week ago, and the money has been paid from my PayPal account. I've emailed the help address but it keeps failing to deliver, so I've now emailed the email address thats linked to their PayPal account. Anyone else in a similar situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

When I ordered, (around the time the original bargain alert was posted), I clicked on the link in the confirmation email, and it did not deliver.

I rang them to let them know, and they gave me an alternative email address. It seems from your experience that they still have not fixed it. :rolleyes:

It all worked out in my case and I got the jacket, but the link not working left a poor impression, especially as they have not fixed the link in the intervening weeks. I hope you get the jacket, it's good value at the price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭chazlan

Dropped into the Letterkenny store at the weekend there, believe they had the stock for the whole country. Only had small left in red and blue. Unless you ordered one of these, unlikely you'll be getting one! Unless it's on its way already of courseðŸ˜!

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭chazlan

Dropped into the Letterkenny store at the weekend there, believe they had the stock for the whole country. Only had small left in red and blue. Unless you ordered one of these, unlikely you'll be getting one! Unless it's on its way already of courseðŸ˜!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

chazlan wrote: »

I got one last week and they had a huge amount of all colours in stock. I told quite a few of my friends about them and they all got one. They obviously sold out very quickly.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Well done to all those who have gotten the jacket. I placed my order last Friday morning before 10 am. I queried it this morning and got the following reply.

With reference to your above online order, I’m afraid we have no stock remaining of the Altura Varium Cycling Jacket Mens which you ordered and have had to cancel your order.

We have been trying to source the product but unfortunately it has completely sold out.

Please accept our apologies for this inconvenience; it is genuinely not a regular occurrence that we are unable to supply stock for online orders

As a gesture of apology I am posting you a €10 gift voucher to use in store. Should you have any further queries please do not hesitate to contact me again.

Kind Regards

I'm in the same boat. Got onto a lovely girl in the online sales dept when I finally rang today, who apologised for the jacket not being in stock and is going to send me a €10 voucher. When I told her the contact and track my order links in my email didn't work, she was very surprised. Also, the 1850 contact number in the email got me through to Woodies. She seemed surprised at that news too.
    Ah well, I'd no joy with Garth Brooks tickets and no joy with the Altura jacket either, this online shopping ain't working out for me!
    Cheers to the OP though!

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lismore7

tacklemore wrote: »
    I'm in the same boat. Got onto a lovely girl in the online sales dept when I finally rang today, who apologised for the jacket not being in stock and is going to send me a €10 voucher. When I told her the contact and track my order links in my email didn't work, she was very surprised. Also, the 1850 contact number in the email got me through to Woodies. She seemed surprised at that news too.
    Ah well, I'd no joy with Garth Brooks tickets and no joy with the Altura jacket either, this online shopping ain't working out for me!
    Cheers to the OP though!

All may not be lost yet.....I'm checkin out a place tomorrow for same jackets and at a good price or so its seems...will let you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Dinging

Leckies a shop in Falkirk (leckiefalkirk@googlemail.com) Scotland have black Altura Varium large jacket in stock, price inc postage is £43.50. You would probably need to parcel motel it. Have not bought from them but they seem genuine enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭goose06

Cheers to the OP though!

The reason the tracking doesn't work is that they have it as sportsworld.com if you change it to sportsworld.ie you can view it.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭instinct

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Scrappy600

few people had asked me to post when these were back in stock again, garmin mounts from superstar components
    http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=65&products_id=815

• Registered Users Posts: 13,332 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

If you are just buying them you won't get free delivery!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,348 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

If you are just buying them you won't get free delivery!

apologies forgot they put s minimum order on free delivery !

lismore7 wrote: »
    All may not be lost yet.....I'm checkin out a place tomorrow for same jackets and at a good price or so its seems...will let you know?

Grand job. Fair play!

Grand job. Fair play!

Found this place in Scotland (see link) They have a few Altura Varium cycling jackets left, but only in black. Cost me €53 incl delivery. You must contact them direct, as they have no online shop, but you can pay them via Paypal.
    I just ordered mine today.
    Hope this helps?
    http://www.leckiesfalkirk.co.uk/

Found this place in Scotland (see link) They have a few Altura Varium cycling jackets left, but only in black. Cost me €53 incl delivery. You must contact them direct, as they have no online shop, but you can pay them via Paypal.
    Hope this helps?

Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Hope this helps?

Good stuff. This is the place I referenced in an earlier post, but I was told they were sold out .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

Hope this helps?
    How did they ship it to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Craig06

16nm tension is tight though. I use 12nm in the new version of those on the race bike and it's hard work to disengage them if you're not prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭j0hn1

Do the keo blade carbon pedal and the keo 2 max pedal take the same cleat does anyone know?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

I have 3 pairs of them all at 16nm, I think they re great, I would even go to 20nm if they were available for this version.

Cape Clear wrote: »
    How did they ship it to you?

Not sure if it's being sent by Royal Mail or courier, as it's not arrived yet. Will let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭breanach78

AstraMonti wrote: »

Dam missed this offer, was going to order today but unknown to me the offer only lasts a day.
    If any one purchased these on a whim and would sell I would take them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Anybody wants a 5£ off 50£ CRC voucher code ? First PM gets it.

Edit - gone! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

breanach78 wrote: »
    Dam missed this offer, was goof to order today but unknown to me the offer only lasts a day.
    If any one purchased these on a whim and would sell I would take them.
    Good to see the weekly deals back, prepare for the bi-anuual reduction on Mavic Aksiums within the next two months.
    They are also having a sale on winter jackets/clothing with apparently good reductions but it is in store only AFAIK.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement