Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

''Islam is a religion of peace'' (debate)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Am I the only one who feels that the charachter of the Moderator on the Islam forum is very questionable?. Very defensive,borders on the aggressive and censors people lavishly,for saying nothing other than something he doesn't like. Think it needs a new Moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭everyday taxi

Galvasean wrote: »
    There are jokes out there at atheists' expense too, some aint half bad either.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe62Y2QIuSHdGGV0TIYyFALztBjmQXnT_Gmgk_Nc8VapsCZBS_

Jokes about Christians and atheists, lets even it up now! Where are your jokes on islam??

Freiheit wrote: »
    Am I the only one who feels that the charachter of the Moderator on the Islam forum is very questionable?. Very defensive,borders on the aggressive and censors people lavishly,for saying nothing other than something he doesn't like. Think it needs a new Moderator.

Read above. Agreed.

I could be wrong, but based on Liamw's postings on this forum I imagine he is expressing frustration at the (commonly held) notion that people who are sans God are also sans morals.

Are you a muslim?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,633 ✭✭✭SamHarris

liamw wrote: »
    Yes and that original point was incorrect, because the atheist analogy doesn't hold - for the same reason you can't judge an atheist any more than person who doesn't collect stamps.

But if you knew I devoutly subscribed to a particular belief system - the rules of which were described in a book - and you had read that book, then I wouldn't say it's entirely incorrect to have some prior judgement on me.

If that book said 'You shall kill those who do not believe in our deity' - would you hesitate to tell me that you didn't believe?

Not an enitrelly valid analogy - it would be if there were some peopel who beleived collecting stamps made you a more moral person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

Jokes about Christians and atheists, lets even it up now! Where are your jokes on islam??

In the Funny Side of Religion thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

110593258v11_350x350_Front_Color-White.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,780 ✭✭✭liamw

SamHarris wrote: »
    Not an enitrelly valid analogy - it would be if there were some peopel who beleived collecting stamps made you a more moral person.

And you would say those people woud be wrong for holding that belief. The analogy works for the point I'm making - lack of belief in a God/s has no correlation with one's morality.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Are you a muslim?

Erm, what on earth would give you that idea?
    But seriously, have a look through my post history. I'm fairly Godless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Erm, what on earth would give you that idea?
    But seriously, have a look through my post history. I'm fairly Godless.

You're a fairy goddess? Pics or GTFO.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    You're a fairy goddess? Pics or GTFO.

15734259.jpg&sa=X&ei=E15dTtGwKZCc-wbTp8iBAg&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNFGJFwzVnuo3VTqdWaLkDZggEFHjg

*faps*

• Site Banned Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭Brown Bomber

There are jokes out there at atheists' expense too, some aint half bad either.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRe62Y2QIuSHdGGV0TIYyFALztBjmQXnT_Gmgk_Nc8VapsCZBS_

From an atheists perspective that is hardly self-deprecating. The joke is for an atheist its logic first, last and always regardless of the situation. In fact it's the opposite it's a bit of an ego massage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

From an atheists perspective that is hardly self-deprecating. The joke is for an atheist its logic first, last and always regardless of the situation.
    131412854328.jpg

From an atheists perspective that is hardly self-deprecating. The joke is for an atheist its logic first, last and always regardless of the situation. In fact it's the opposite it's a bit of an ego massage.

And there I thought it was because they were replacing the word 'God'...

131412854328.jpg

Yes I know. That's why I said "The joke is ..." My point was that from an atheists perspective it is not self-deprecating. It's all in the two sentences you quoted.

liamw wrote: »
    And there I thought it was because they were replacing the word 'God'...

Same difference. Implication is that atheists uniquely place logic on a pedestal. Coming from an atheist how is this a joke at atheism's "expense"?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Same difference. Implication is that atheists uniquely place logic on a pedestal. Coming from an atheist how is this a joke at atheism's "expense"?

Wow you're boring.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Freiheit wrote: »
    How other forums are moderated are a subject for the Feedback forum. We do not discuss the moderation of other forums here.

9678312.jpg

• Advertisement

homerpoint.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Go on then, tell us a joke at atheism's expense.

kylith wrote: »
    Go on then, tell us a joke at atheism's expense.

An atheist walks in a bar.
    The barman says: "why the smug face?"

Just made that one up there. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

I believe the comedian Dane Cook has routine about a hilarious encounter with a smug atheist.

CWageofearth.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

I looked those up - some of them are pretty funny, even if I can't engage with what they are trying to say.

Hardly sexy though is it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Speak for yourself.

<faps over periodic table>

Okay, I know I'm a culprit here too, but let's try and get back on track?
    There was an interesting discussion going on at some point.

Kthxbye.

• Advertisement

Are you a muslim?

How is that in anyway relevant?

Where else in your life is it relevant? Correct me if I'm wrong but judging by your username your a taxi driver? Does being a Muslim become relevant to you then?

For example, your crusing along looking for a fare. It's pissing rain and you see a woman in a Muslim veil trying to flag you down.

Would you stop and pickup the average Muslim woman ( to remind you you've already implied that she won't be educated, beautiful, intelligent etc, in your own head at least) or do you drive on and wait for a white person?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement