Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bargain base in northwood (north dublin)

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

just to put the question of ownership to bed once and for all - here's an extract from the CRO registration of the name.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭hgm

I went today to have a look and hopefully pick up a tv, but there was not a tv in sight?:confused:
    Did anyone get lucky with the tv's?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

maxer68 wrote: »
    A security guard????? - Ah come on, next we'll be believing taxi drivers and then even the daily muck.

Bargain Base is 100% owned & controlled by lidl. If you can prove otherwise, I'll give you 5k - actually make that 50k.

BTW from the CRO (compaines office)

TypeBusiness NameNumber448985NameBARGAIN BASEAddressCONNELL ROAD GREAT
    NEWBRIDGE
    CO. KILDARE
    Registered15/09/2011StatusNormal

Effective date: 15/09/2011

Exact same address for Lidl Ireland

and also I'm a supplier to Lidl (small supplier :) ) and Bargain Base comes up in discussion every now and then.

I also said a manager aswell.

But obviously they lied,after reading what you have since found out.

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Jim Division

hgm wrote: »
    I went today to have a look and hopefully pick up a tv, but there was not a tv in sight?:confused:
    Did anyone get lucky with the tv's?

TVs aren't on sale until sunday.

Did anyone manage to grab one of those security cameras today?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭CH3OH

I dropped in today to have a browse as I was passing.

Not many there at 4.pm
    Quite a lot of clothes in odd sizes .. seemed to be mainly small ladies and larger mens sizes. The general sporty tops that lidl occassionly sell. most were around €5

Bits and pieces of tools. I picked up a jigsaw for €20 which I thought was reasonable value. The 3 year warranty still applies but there is no exchange unless the item is faulty .Not sure what it originally sold for.

Was also looking at an induction hob for €19.99 didn't buy. These were all damaged packaging that had stickers on them repacked and quality checked
    picked up a leaflet for next weeks offers:
    page1.jpg
    191147.jpg
    page2.jpg
    191149.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭davehey79

Anyone have this weeks leaflet or know what the deals are for this weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 24 kenobiwan

was in here last week.some incredible deals on scuba gear.pegaso fins for 10euro.ski goggles for 10euro.anyone know where to find upcoming bargains tho???no website i can find anyway:-(

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scamp29

Bargain Base has closed down at that site. Anyone know where bargain base has moved to?? Or if it has reopened anywhere else at all?? :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Scamp29 wrote: »
    Bargain Base has closed down at that site. Anyone know where bargain base has moved to?? Or if it has reopened anywhere else at all?? :(

Bargain Base was only going to be open for 18 months.

Lidl Ireland had 10 million euro worth of overstock to clear so thats why Bargain Base was opened up.

Bargain Base was only there until the stock was cleared/sold off.:)

All the staff who used to work there now work in various Lidl branches around Dublin.

Bargain Base is now closed for good and in its place is Eco Kitchens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭orlaanne

Every so often Lidl do a pop up warehouse clearance store in Liffey Valley Retail Park. It was open over the May bank holiday weekend. http://www.theretailpark.ie/2013/04/lidl-is-coming-to-the-retail-park/ will probably be open again in a couple of months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,974 ✭✭✭✭unkel

orlaanne wrote: »
    Every so often Lidl do a pop up warehouse clearance store in Liffey Valley Retail Park. It was open over the May bank holiday weekend. http://www.theretailpark.ie/2013/04/lidl-is-coming-to-the-retail-park/ will probably be open again in a couple of months.

+1

Came upon it by chance last Thursday. Big queues for it opening up at 10AM but picked up a few bargains...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Scamp29

Thanks @Paddy147

I loved that shop, got a good few bargains in it :(

Advertisement