Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bargain base in northwood (north dublin)

Options
  • 12-08-2011 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

this shop just opened 2 weeks ago and seem to be selling discounted lidl special offers. they had a digital camera, portable dvd player and 22" t.v. this week all for 30 euro each. they only open thurs-sun though 11-7 and have new special offers every week.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭Completionist

€30 for a 22" tv? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,035 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Definitely worth a look. Thanks, OP.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

Got myself a lovely little Cigar set (cutter, holding tube, whiskey tube, credit card space, leather case) for a fiver. And a pair of Targus Active Noise Cancellation Headphones for a tenner. Have had no probs with them yet.

Not exactly epic quality but nice none the less.

I've been in the last two weeks since it opened (will pay another visit today)

Definitely worth dropping over to.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭deelite

joe stodge wrote: »
    this shop just opened 2 weeks ago and seem to be selling discounted lidl special offers. they had a digital camera, portable dvd player and 22" t.v. this week all for 30 euro each. they only open thurs-sun though 11-7 and have new special offers every week.

What shops would this be beside or where abouts is it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

deelite wrote: »
    What shops would this be beside or where abouts is it.

Replied to your PM but it's in Gulliver's retail park for anyone else. Just beside Petmania.

• Advertisement

Went there today well worth the trip I got a body heat wrap for 10 euro. Lots of bargains. Thanx again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭banchang

deelite wrote: »
    Went there today well worth the trip I got a body heat wrap for 10 euro. Lots of bargains. Thanx again

Disagree. Save yourself the trip - seems like a lot of the Lidl special offers they couldnt shift, like a stick on hairdryer holder (everyone needs one of them, right?)

Guy on the checkout told me that all the offers are on Thursday, & they go quickly; other than that, nothing of interest tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

10 euro for a fireplace tool holder set and 10 euro for the black fireguard too.

Last month,these were 20 euro each in Lidl.

So basicly,I got them for half price in Bargin Base.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jet Black

Bumping this instead of making a new thread.

On page 9 of todays Herald there is a full page advert for Bargain Base. It looks like Lidl stock.

On it are
    300w handmixer -€10
    Sports headphones -€2
    Body Fat Analyser -€5
    Electric Salt/Pepper Mill -€2
    66 Litre Laundry Bag -€2
    PC Laser mouse/Gaming mouse -€10
    8GB pen drive -€5
    LED under cabinet Lights -€5
    29.5L electric cool box -€30
    Foam guest mattress -€30

Haven't been up myself but heard it does be busy and a lot of queuing.
    Open hours are Thursday-Saturday 11am-7pm and Sunday 11am-6pm. It says specials have a limited availability on the advert.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

This is a lidl shop. Instead of having marquee sales they put all the unsold offers from their stores into a bargain base store. Probably not worth a long journey, but if you're going to ikea, its worth the 2min diversion.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭CuppaCocoa

Was there yesterday morning and got a video door monitor for €30 :eek: I bought one of these last year and it cost me €120 from Lidl :mad: They also had fantastic equestrian bargains - horse blankets and riding trousers for €2!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

riding trousers for €2!

:D

(one has to be juvenile on a Mon afternoon!)

Not sure if this has been posted but this place has a 22inch LCD tv today for 80 euro I can't post the link it was in the local paper. Hope it's of some use to somebody.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭joe stodge

they have 32" flatscreen t.v. next week for €129.99:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

where is this shop ?

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

pm. wrote: »
    where is this shop ?

Santry.

http://www.gulliversretailpark.com/

found it today around 4pm the place was in darkness and the doors locked are they closed down ?

pm. wrote: »
    found it today around 4pm the place was in darkness and the doors locked are they closed down ?

Thats because its only open from Thursday to Sunday of each week.

It does say that on their bill board ads and also in the shop windows.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Thats because its only open from Thursday to Sunday of each week.

It does say that on their bill board ads and also in the shop windows.

that would explain that.... didnt even notice that thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭grudgebringer

Is this place not open for quite a while now? Didn't think it was only the last 2 weeks, Lidl used to have their Marquee sale there every few months but as far as I knew this opened several months ago and has been trading every Wed-Sun since ... is it now a different store?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Collibosher

Is this place not open for quite a while now? Didn't think it was only the last 2 weeks...

Same store, old thread :p

The post stating the above was made last August!

Just in case anyone does not know at this stage. This IS a lidl owned store - They have them in many countries and the use it to clear out unsold weekly specials.

100% owned and operated by Lidl.

And afaik, it opens Wednesday to Sunday, hence it will be closed and in darkness on Mondays & Tuesdays.

maxer68 wrote: »
    Just in case anyone does not know at this stage. This IS a lidl owned store - They have them in many countries and the use it to clear out unsold weekly specials.

And afaik, it opens Wednesday to Sunday, hence it will be closed and in darkness on Mondays & Tuesdays.

Thursday to Sunday every week,and till 7pm each evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

maxer68 wrote: »

Thats interesting, Is there a reason they dont have the Lidl brand name anywhere? Or is it a hush hush type thing :confused: It does be bonkers busy i wonder why its not open 7 days

ronan45 wrote: »
    Thats interesting, Is there a reason they dont have the Lidl brand name anywhere? Or is it a hush hush type thing :confused: It does be bonkers busy i wonder why its not open 7 days

If it said lidl, some people would want to buy food there too and they'd be all confused:D

I'd say no real reason at all - its just a seperate brand (they have a few in the UK too) and it operates just to sell off the "weekly offers" that are left over.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭ronan45

joe stodge wrote: »
    they have 32" flatscreen t.v. next week for €129.99:eek::eek:

How many though lol ;)

Bargain Base has NOTHING to do with Lidl.

Bargain Base are a completely seperate company,who purchase alot of ex stock/unsold stock from Lidl branches around the country,and they then sell it in their shop in Santry,at a further reduced price to what Lidl would have been selling it for.

I was talking to the manager of my local Lidl earlier today about this mattter,and both the manager and security guard told me how it all works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 StevieJ

I also wondered about the relationship between both companies, on checking the CRO they are both registered at the same address. While they may have no relationship, its seems odd that that both business (names) are registered at the same address.

paddy147 wrote: »
    Bargain Base has NOTHING to do with Lidl.

Bargain Base are a completely seperate company,who purchase alot of ex stock/unsold stock from Lidl branches around the country,and they then sell it in their shop in Santry,at a further reduced price to what Lidl would have been selling it for.

I was talking to the manager of my local Lidl earlier today about this mattter,and both the manager and security guard told me how it all works.

A security guard????? - Ah come on, next we'll be believing taxi drivers and then even the daily muck.

Bargain Base is 100% owned & controlled by lidl. If you can prove otherwise, I'll give you 5k - actually make that 50k.

BTW from the CRO (compaines office)

TypeBusiness NameNumber448985NameBARGAIN BASEAddressCONNELL ROAD GREAT
    NEWBRIDGE
    CO. KILDARE
    Registered15/09/2011StatusNormal

Effective date: 15/09/2011

Exact same address for Lidl Ireland

and also I'm a supplier to Lidl (small supplier :) ) and Bargain Base comes up in discussion every now and then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭WalterMitty

Sure bargin base was on the lidl website i think before xmas.

Advertisement