Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best console option for JRPGs?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Mario007 wrote: »
    Can someone tell me more about the Tales of series? I've never head a chance to play one and having both a 3DS and PS3 I'm thinking of giving it a shot but I know next to nothing about the series besides for internet praise.

I finished Tales of the Abyss on PS2 a few months ago. Very anime inspired (as in heavy in the melodrama department.) The soundtrack is weak until the final quarter of the game but overall I really liked it. It's coming out on the 3DS in November if you want to pick it up. I plan on picking it up for a second play though.

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Can someone tell me more about the Tales of series? I've never head a chance to play one and having both a 3DS and PS3 I'm thinking of giving it a shot but I know next to nothing about the series besides for internet praise.

Tales of the Abyss is fairly decent, the main character is a bit of a whiny git but Tear and Jade are excellent characters. The final boss is pretty anticlimactic but the journey is pretty fun, lots of nice towns and character interaction

Tales of Graces has pretty poor characters and story but a great battle system.

the battle system in all the games is a sport of actiony beat 'em up-ish styled random battles, pretty fun if you like action RPG, not so great if you're a strategy fan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Tales of Symphonia is one of the greatest games of all time. Thought it's on the Gamecube, so I'm not sure if you have one (or a Wii) to be able to play it.

It just had to be said. >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭Mario007

Thanks for the help everyone! Is Tales kinda like FF in that every game has a standalone story and characters or are they interconnected?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

Thanks for the help everyone! Is Tales kinda like FF in that every game has a standalone story and characters or are they interconnected?

Yes, though Tales of Symphonia got a direct sequel.

• Advertisement
Advertisement