Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's longest you played for in one sitting

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Not sure what my longest is but certainly my most memorable was Final Fantasy 7. I didn't even realise what it was supposed to be when I put it in the drive, but I played it from 9PM to 11AM: Just long enough to get out of Midgar and realise this game is immense and theres still 2 more discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,305 ✭✭✭✭Penn

13 hours, Metal Gear Solid 3. Jenna Jameson couldn't have distracted me from that game once I got into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,994 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Oh lets see...back in my Gran Turismo 4 days, I would play the game for 12 hours straight...daily.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭War Machine 539

27 Hours, at a charity thing a year or so ago. Slept like the dead after it!

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Oh wait hold on now! I forgot about LoZ: Four Swords on the GC. I took 2 days off college to play it with 3 friends. Was up for more than 24 hours straight playing through it, twice if I recall. Not sure how much longer we played it after that, kinda hazy vision...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Mass Effect, 6 - 8 hours.

I did make tea and get some food and go to the toilet throughout the gaming session, like most normal people I suppose, 12hrs without moving a muscle but your thumbs and trigger fingers would be difficult if not impossible for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Lanaier wrote: »
    63 hours with zero sleep?
    Respect.

What games were you playing as a matter of interest?

I know Re-Loaded was one. Possibly the first 2 Tomb Raiders. Can't quite remember the rest. There was about 6 games. I know for a fact one of those games was actually crap but you couldn't put it down. I would love to give it a try again.

I've 2 1/2 weeks booked off at the start of November to allow me time to play MW3, Skyrim and others. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 524 ✭✭✭SdoowSirhc

dre_jspeed wrote: »
    After reading the thread about the guy in England who died after play for 12 hour straight.
    I thought I'd ask what was the longest poeple have ever played in one go and what game.

GTA IV single player : 8 hour

My friends and I have played for 10 or 11 hours and were fine after it :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

I would say maybe 24hrs when i played LOTRO when it first came out.

The next game which might match that madness will probably be SW:TOR :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

4-5 days without sleep, food/pissing doesn't count as taking a break right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

136 hours over 10 days, was falling asleep at my desk and was not in my actual bed for 4 nights but i'm not sure how long i was actual playing straight after that first 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Recently? About five and a half hours

I can't actually remember my longest gaming session.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Depends on your interpretation of "one sitting".

For example I probably went about 24 hours in a session with World of Warcraft a few years back. But with breaks for food and chatting etc. would mean leaving the computer for a bit several times. So technically it's broken up.

The longest I've ever gone without even getting up was years ago when I was about 13. It was a turn-based strategy game called Fallen Empire.

It was pretty basic but i sat down and got completely enthralled with it. You fight the A.I. for territory on a map and I got totally sucked in. Before I knew it, I had played for 15 hours straight without moving and hadn't even realised how hungry I was.

Hasn't happened since. I mean I've had marathon sessions of WoW, GTA4, Final Fantasy etc. But nothing to the extent of that Fallen Empire session. The Madness of youth :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

max for me would be about 12 hours came home from school one day (years ago) popped in the classic Medevil for the ps1. Finished the game in one sitting. I regularly have long sessions though especially with rpg's (final fantasy, star ocean ) for about 7/8 hours

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Jeepers, some serious sessions here! I actually have no idea how long my longest session was for; I do remember extended sessions of Ocarina of Time and Resident Evil 2.

There's been nothing like those recently, real life tends to get in the way these days!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,466 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

When I was younger I would quite happily spend 4-5 hours in one sitting at times, I used to get very irritable after three hours at one sitting! These days I would play for maybe two hours max before I go off and do something else to clear my head.

I reckon the longest I have ever sat in one sitting is six hours. My group of friends went through a "gaming phase" where all we would do is sit down and play games such as Duke Nukem, Quake, Witchhaven (lol!) and so on all day.

In saying that though I could easily clock up 10 hours gameplay in a day with breaks in between and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Funglegunk

Probably about 13 hours playing Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I've sunk about 350 hours into that game.

When living with mates in college though, we used to have epic Tekken 5 sessions, 5 or 6 hours a night a few nights a week. I estimate that, over the entire series (every PS1, 2 and 3 title to date), I've played about 35,000 rounds of Tekken. I'm still ****e at it though...

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

about 3 hours. I'll get bored of the game otherwise! :)

Advertisement