Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

22 Navy Seals - Seal Team 6 - Killed In Afghanistan

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭tweedledee

I'm ex-military myself and I was very surprised that the Government were soo quick to say they were "special forces" and that they gave the exact unit with a headcount??????????
    Also in such an environment the use of such a very large chopper is very amateurish.:eek:
    They aint the best of the best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭tweedledee

Sorry Radiation you are kinda wrong,its extremely difficult to track down anybody in the mountains of Afghanistan,if you have ever been there you would understand.
    Everybody over there looks the same because they all have beards and wear exactly the same garments!!!
    It took the Gov,10 years to "kill" Mr Big because 99% of the people there hate all western states,even the so-called Pakistani "allies" and they feed the Gov all kinds of garbage to confuse the military occupires.
    Its a very hostile place,history would have told the Americans that,just ask the Russians.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

Jonny7 wrote: »
    I've been reading his blog, from his jargon he appears to be in the service, but I don't feel he's done any tours abroad yet.

I think I am gonna concoct some bull**** and send it to this guy and see if he subsequently passes it on to Alex Jones as another "source" on the matter.

These people are seriously gullible.

Jones questions Colonel 6 about telling his real name etc which is not the actions of somebody who is gullible.

If you want to see gullible people just look out your window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭WakeUp

tweedledee wrote: »
    I'm ex-military myself and I was very surprised that the Government were soo quick to say they were "special forces" and that they gave the exact unit with a headcount??????????
    Also in such an environment the use of such a very large chopper is very amateurish.:eek:
    They aint the best of the best.

Exactly. Im not a military person myself and even I find that extremely strange especially going public about team 6 or DEVGRU. Not only did they reveal what unit it was straight away but you would think they would have done all they could to deny the Taliban such a p.r coup by going public and saying "yes this chopper was shot down in enemy territory" but they did the complete opposite. The way they went public so fast about this just doesnt make any sense to me and Im sure its been questioned aswell in the military world and not just by non-military people.

I've been reading his blog, from his jargon he appears to be in the service, but I don't feel he's done any tours abroad yet.

I think I am gonna concoct some bull**** and send it to this guy and see if he subsequently passes it on to Alex Jones as another "source" on the matter.

These people are seriously gullible.

Maybe we should email the colonel and ask him will come and chat to us here on boards clear a few things up for us had a look at his page myself:D maybe I will no harm trying. I've emailed Jones before and he's written back to me dont know if it was him now but someone replied. Ive also emailed him a couple of times asking him to come onto boards but he didnt repy da bollix:) Might have better luck with the colonel Ill fire an email off to him sure no harm trying.

• Advertisement

Interesting headline on The Irish Sun website thought I would post it, its titled "Infowars Ireland Predicted Seal Team 6 Demise". They have a link on the page you can follow to read the full story if anyone wants to have a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

profitius wrote: »
    Jones questions Colonel 6 about telling his real name etc which is not the actions of somebody who is gullible.

If you want to see gullible people just look out your window.

So any soldier who has apparently served from Afghanistan or Iraq (or the national guard) can call into Alex Jones, and he asks them their name and unit, then they can say whatever they want.. like this fellow..

This man is a colonel? an officer? has been to Afghanistan/Iraq? a squadron of men? 75% addicted to "opium? hmmm

Ask questions! think! don't be one of the sheeple ;)

So any soldier who has apparently served from Afghanistan or Iraq (or the national guard) can call into Alex Jones, and he asks them their name and unit, then they can say whatever they want.. like this fellow..

This man is a colonel? an officer? has been to Afghanistan/Iraq? a squadron of men? 75% addicted to "opium? hmmm

What if colonel 6 actually isnt a colonel at all and "colonel 6" is just an alias he is using for whatever reason. What if he is a former operative/agent someone who worked on the ground and wasnt an officer at all. In that video he didnt state what rank he held in the military and neither did he do it in the video I posted a few posts back. In the above video he says he worked in "intelligence" and he claims he is reporting back to somebody or at least he is still in contact with somebody he would view as superior to him or has an interest in him/ what he is up to. His claim about 50% to 75% of soldiers returning from tours addicted to opium is probably impossible to look into. I would imagine any soldier who did end up addicted to opium if it happens would not want to go on record for such a thing. In that sense no records of people seeking treatment/ numbers in rehab would be available Im guessing but Ill have a look. He shouldnt really be making such big claims like that unless he provides some way of backing it up. Interesting character all the same Im going to email him tomorrow and say hello I wonder will he write me back:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

Sorry Radiation you are kinda wrong,its extremely difficult to track down anybody in the mountains of Afghanistan,if you have ever been there you would understand.

I will assume you're arguing in good faith here.
    Everybody over there looks the same because they all have beards and wear exactly the same garments!!!

Even if this gives me no real reason to believe so.
    It took the Gov,10 years to "kill" Mr Big because 99% of the people there hate all western states,even the so-called Pakistani "allies" and they feed the Gov all kinds of garbage to confuse the military occupires.

And yet they did kill Bin Laden - which leads me to the following question.

If it takes ten years for the USA to track one well educated man who has a long history of constantly moving about, a great deal of resources and followers at his disposal and what appears to be connections at high levels in multiple regional governments then how long will it take the same army to track a local group of Taliban who have none of the above?

Answer:
    Four Days
    Its a very hostile place,history would have told the Americans that,just ask the Russians.

I fail to see what that really has to do with anything here after all even without your military experience i can see that the approaches taken by both are different enough to render any comparison essentially meaningless.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,976 ✭✭✭profitius

I think you're the gullible one if you believe Alex Jones is gullible. AJ makes thousands of accusations every year and is careful to back them up and not believe everything he is told. He also knows there are people out there spreading disinformation. If you watched the video he also said he had other sources in the military and they are telling him the same things as Colonel 6. So he is obviously going on facts here and not diving straight into it as you would have people believe.
    jonny7 wrote:

Yeah...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

WakeUp wrote: »
    Exactly. Im not a military person myself and even I find that extremely strange especially going public about team 6 or DEVGRU. Not only did they reveal what unit it was straight away but you would think they would have done all they could to deny the Taliban such a p.r coup by going public and saying "yes this chopper was shot down in enemy territory" but they did the complete opposite. The way they went public so fast about this just doesnt make any sense to me and Im sure its been questioned aswell in the military world and not just by non-military people.

Maybe they knew the information would come out anyway, and didn't want to look like they'd been forced into an embarrassing admission a few days later

profitius wrote: »
    I think you're the gullible one if you believe Alex Jones is gullible. AJ makes thousands of accusations every year and is careful to back them up and not believe everything he is told. He also knows there are people out there spreading disinformation. If you watched the video he also said he had other sources in the military and they are telling him the same things as Colonel 6. So he is obviously going on facts here and not diving straight into it as you would have people believe.

He has made many false and sometimes quite crazy claims.

Himself and Bill O'Reilly do the exact same thing - milk and fuel public anger and ignorance, and make good money out of it.

However Bill O Reilly doesn't constantly claim to have inside sources he can't reveal and tap pieces of paper as proof he can't show.

If you are articulate enough, you can start your own internet radio show doing the same thing, you don't need to actually prove a single thing, just say you have sources. The sheeple won't question you if you agree with them ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭seanmacc

A Chinhook is not that mush of a slow cumbersome helicopter. The Chinhook has a speed of 170knots (315km/h). When you compare that to an Apache which goes at 309km/h with light arms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

The chinook makes a huge target and isn't armoured in the same way an Apache is, and I assume isn't as maneuverable. Top speed isn't much good when landing, taking off.

Theres been a few chinooks shot down previously, so this isn't much of a surprise. What is surprising is they had so many seals on it. I think they've got a bit too complacent in how they use them.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_aviation_accidents_and_incidents_in_the_War_in_Afghanistan

I'm surprised no one has pointed this out

2005 : USAF Roundel June 28: A US CH-47 Chinook helicopter was shot down in Kunar province by Taliban commander Qari Ismail, killing all 16 US Special Forces servicemen on board. The US military says it was shot down by a rocket-propelled grenade. The helicopter was on a rescue mission for Operation Red Wings a team of four SEAL members, pinned down by Taliban gunmen.

2002 : # USAF Roundel March 4: Two CH-47 Chinook helicopters were hit by RPGs and gunfire during Operation Anaconda. Two were killed in the first helicopter, which was dropping off a SEAL team. The second Chinook came in later that day to try and rescue the crew of the first CH-47, and subsequently was shot down, killing four.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

Undergod wrote: »
    Another possible reason to lie and make seem as though the team that killed Bin Laden are dead is to protect them- from reporters and media as much as from Islamist reprisals. I don't know how the anonymity of these operations works though, so might not be a necessary measure.
    Interesting point, but as I understand it the identities of these Seal teams are secret. Even the members of the ARW in this country are meant to be unidentified while serving.

Advertisement