Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NUIG-who wants to go there?

Options
  • 06-08-2011 10:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Being a sheep and following the other threads...

Anyway, I'm hoping to do Public and Social Policy :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Oh I am really hoping I get Galway!! Going for Midwifery myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Me too, Maths(through irish) and something else Me thinks! :P

If we do get NUIG I wonder what date first years will start? Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Vodkat wrote: »
    If we do get NUIG I wonder what date first years will start? Anyone know?

The 12th, with orientation usually on the Saturday and Sunday (10th/11th).

Oh thats not too early, I was thinking the 5th or so. What does the orientation involve?

• Advertisement

Vodkat wrote: »
    Oh thats not too early, I was thinking the 5th or so. What does the orientation involve?
    On the Saturday you'll be broken up into all the different faculties and given a talk about the general faculty (eg Science, Arts, Health Sciences, Engineering). Depending on what course you're doing, you may then be split into just your own class. You'll be given your course handbook with the timetable in it, given some talks by lecturers or head of the course, and then meet your student mentor who gives you a tour. At some stage theres tea and coffee!

The Sunday is more a fun day, theres activities and things designed to get you to find your way around campus and theres loads of freebies and competitions to enter. Then all during freshers week, even though you'll have lectures, there should be events and stuff on and off campus. It'll all be in your registration pack anyway and I assume it hasn't changed too much in the last couple of years! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,978 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I have UCD down first but Im not gonna get it so Galway all the way. Actually looking forward to it now. Commerce for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭LifesaverNiall

wanted to do science in galway but parents wouldnt let me.. no money to live out there :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Hoping to study Medicine in NUIG. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Hopefully if things work out right.

*crosses fingers* :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Bloc Party!

Commerce hopefully :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Already got a place there in Round Zero (didn't go the conventional root as you guys done). ;) Will be studying Business Information Systems and I am currently in the process of searching for accommodation. Hope to see you all there in September!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭crazy cabbage

hopefully if everything works out acording to plan. will know soon enough so everyone keeps telling me :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Lexii307

Im praying (even though im agnostic) for podiatry and if i dont get that im hoping for science. Looks like im staying in Galway!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭teenagedream

Arts is my back up plan so I could end up here yet :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1 O.J

im hoping for galway aswel! first four are for it! im praying i ll get arts degree with human rights!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

On the Saturday you'll be broken up into all the different faculties and given a talk about the general faculty (eg Science, Arts, Health Sciences, Engineering). Depending on what course you're doing, you may then be split into just your own class. You'll be given your course handbook with the timetable in it, given some talks by lecturers or head of the course, and then meet your student mentor who gives you a tour. At some stage theres tea and coffee!

The Sunday is more a fun day, theres activities and things designed to get you to find your way around campus and theres loads of freebies and competitions to enter. Then all during freshers week, even though you'll have lectures, there should be events and stuff on and off campus. It'll all be in your registration pack anyway and I assume it hasn't changed too much in the last couple of years! :)

Freshers fortnight in Galway.. Waay more epic than a freshers week ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,028 ✭✭✭Ficheall

ChemHickey wrote: »
    Me too, Maths(through irish) and something else Me thinks! :P

Maths through Irish is only available in first year. Just so you know...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭ChemHickey

Ok, thank you... that is good to know.. :L :):D

ciano1 wrote: »
    Freshers fortnight in Galway.. Waay more epic than a freshers week ;)

Woops, true, I'm forgetting my own orientation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭laoiserick

I reckon I'll do arts in NUIG... I hear the craic is absolutely legendary but I'm not doing my leaving till next june.... WHY DID I DO TY?! WHY!!? :mad::p

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Eoin MurMur

All going well i'll be doing Arts in NUIG :D I'm from Tipp but I adore Galway as a city and have never met anyone who didn't love being a student at the university.

What accomodation is everyone hoping to be in?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

All going well i'll be doing Arts in NUIG :D I'm from Tipp but I adore Galway as a city and have never met anyone who didn't love being a student at the university.

What accomodation is everyone hoping to be in?

Only bad thing about being from Tipp and going to Galway is the feckin journey up there!... Well it is if you're from south Tipp like me! :o Tis worth it though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Eoin MurMur

ciano1 wrote: »
    Only bad thing about being from Tipp and going to Galway is the feckin journey up there!... Well it is if you're from south Tipp like me! :o Tis worth it though :D

Yeah same, South Tipp :p I don't really mind the long bus journey though. Just put in the earphones and listen to some tunes..or have a nap :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Janee_ml2

If everything goes to plan on Wednesday ( :eek: ) I'll be doing Arts :D

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

Time to bump this thread methinks, Science here I come :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paperpackages

MeganM wrote: »
    Time to bump this thread methinks

Me too. Got my course, now trying to register online but having difficulties! Hope they fix the system soon.

Got the booklet in the post this morning, makes it all seem real now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭Patri

Me too. Got my course, now trying to register online but having difficulties! Hope they fix the system soon.

I rang them to see what was happening and they said fee paying has crashed! They said to try after 3! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭paperpackages

Yeah I rang too but they told me to try after 5! I can see it being tomorrow...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭MeganM

Still not working it appears.
    You can probably blame me for this, I walked under a ladder the other day :D

When are you guys moving up(or down depending on your location :p) to Galway? I got an email from Corrib Village discouraging people from moving up on the 3rd and 4th because of an Iron man competition. I was thinking going early in the week would be good to get settled, but I don't want to be completely alone either.

Advertisement