Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

New DLC details

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-15580-New-Borderlands-2-TK-Baha-s-Bloody-Harvest-and-Level-Cap-DLC-Announced.html

Not the moon base :mad:

So in short another lvl cap increase and 3 more campaign DLC's with the moon base being in the later ones.

Not sure how I feel about the cap increase, considering how much effort it took to get from 50-61, and then there is the fact that all lvl 61 loot becomes worth less again. I love this game but really not sure how much more I'm willing to give it in terms of time and money.

Edit:

More detailed info from Gearbox forums:
    Borderlands 2 PAX Panel Info

DLC INFO:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Upgrade Pack 2: Digistruct Peak
    Level cap pack+ content: adds 11 more levels (will bring level up too 72)
    5$ price point
    Coming soon (some time this fall)
    Involves Tanis and Lilith.
    Is a new map where Patricia Tannis will let players fight high-level enemies (which they can "over level" to create an "impossible" challenge)
    Does not require the previous level pack, you'll go to 61 rather than 72.
    FAQ on the requirements to come soon.

Also Coming Soon (some time this fall)
    Increased ammo capacity
    Increased Bank capacity
    Increased Max Inventory capacity
    Above increases are Free
    More character customization Packs coming soon.

Head Hunter Pack T.K. BAHA's BLOODY HARVEST
    Pricing to be announced later
    Before Halloween ETA
    Zombie T.K. Baha
    Has at least one raid boss, posibly more.
    W.I.P. so very little info
    This will be the first of "multiple" Head Hunter packs to come.

*missed stream video goes here*

Live stream links
    it went out a few times so its in three different videos chunks.

1) http://www.twitch.tv/2k/b/433051339

2) http://www.twitch.tv/2k/b/433065230

3) http://www.twitch.tv/2k/b/433069905

*butt stallion goes here*

Additional DLC INFO

DLC4 head items will be released via SHIFT codes. (not skins) ETA 2-3 weeks

Other Info Released at Panel

Gearbox Community day will be ONLINE this year September 14th* details may change.
    Digital bonuses for those watching, base stream is free, they may have higher teir packs that grant more bonuses
    Exclusive heads and skins as part of the bonuses
    More info @ Community Day

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Will this latest level cap Max out the 3rd skill tree

Arawn wrote: »
    Will this latest level cap Max out the 3rd skill tree

Na 11 more skill points would only give you 2 more skills maxed. It will allow me access to sexual tyrannosaurus skill on my money shot build now so thats going to be interesting, usually you went one way or the the other having access to both changes the game for me.

they should redo the original 4 characters skill trees, Gaige and Psycho definitely benefit from being developed later with advanced play beyond the lvl 50 cap in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm just after finishing this, as in the main story quest, and I'm on about level 31 or so. Going to go through the first 3 DLCs and then do Tiny Tinas. Is it possible to solo through the Terramorphous or do I really need to find people online? I'm an Assassin with mostly skills in snipers and critical hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Terramorphous is level 52 or so, so yeah, you'll not want to do that solo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,336 ✭✭✭✭Penn

chrislad wrote: »
    I'm just after finishing this, as in the main story quest, and I'm on about level 31 or so. Going to go through the first 3 DLCs and then do Tiny Tinas. Is it possible to solo through the Terramorphous or do I really need to find people online? I'm an Assassin with mostly skills in snipers and critical hits.

Terramorphous is possible to solo, but not at the level you're at. Once you've finished True Vault Hunter Mode you should be Level 50 or over, so you could try then. But definitely not on this playthrough, probably not even online as Terramorphous could kill you so fast that it wouldn't be worth your while, depending on how good your online partners are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Angron wrote: »
    PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: K3WTT-WCCFF-C3HTJ-T3JBJ-RR6X3 [Active through July 22]
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: KBCT3-ZBRWT-ZF93R-W6JBT-CS6WK [Active through July 22]
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: CTCBJ-FXXZC-SS5CJ-ZJKJT-RSTXB [Active through July 22]

Just popped up on twitter.

PC / Mac: WJ5B3-JW56X-5393T-JTTJJ-T5Z6T
    Xbox 360: K3WBT-F3FWB-S6STX-5RJBB-66SC3
    PlayStation 3: CBWBJ-WFRH5-9HK53-ZTW3J-B9965

And Facebook.

Just redeemed both there man thanks:)
    Only bought the dlc in steam sale and only wanted to play when i got the dlc so ive 11 golden keys now and its my first play through,ive just redeemed the codes when i saw them pop up somewhere

What level would you advice to use them at,only level 12 at the moment so was thinking that might be a little early?

I intend to use a few different characters so dont want to use them all on one

EoinHef wrote: »
    Just redeemed both there man thanks:)
    Only bought the dlc in steam sale and only wanted to play when i got the dlc so ive 11 golden keys now and its my first play through,ive just redeemed the codes when i saw them pop up somewhere

What level would you advice to use them at,only level 12 at the moment so was thinking that might be a little early?

I intend to use a few different characters so dont want to use them all on one

They are there to help, you will get better gear along the way, but they are usually good for 2 or 3 levels about your current one at least.

Penn wrote: »
    Terramorphous is possible to solo, but not at the level you're at. Once you've finished True Vault Hunter Mode you should be Level 50 or over, so you could try then. But definitely not on this playthrough, probably not even online as Terramorphous could kill you so fast that it wouldn't be worth your while, depending on how good your online partners are.

I've just started True Vault Hunter, though I didn't mean to, as I had planned to do the DLC and other side missions first! Accidentally picked it, not realising it would wipe my 'normal' mode game. Ah well!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

It shouldn't. If you go to select character, then go back into your main one it should ask if you wanna do normal mode or TVHM.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,178 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

chrislad wrote: »
    I've just started True Vault Hunter, though I didn't mean to, as I had planned to do the DLC and other side missions first! Accidentally picked it, not realising it would wipe my 'normal' mode game. Ah well!

Oh is true vault hunter mode a NG+ type scenario? I thought it just kicks in when you hit level 50 regardless of where you are in the game. How do you initiate it so?

I was hoping to leave all the DLC until I finish the main story missions and get leveled up reasonably high.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You can start TVHM when you've beaten The Warrior, and then the Ultimate Vault Hunter mode (I think is the name) you can start when you've hit level 50, and have bought that pack/the season pass. You don't start them mandatory, and can switch back to regular mode any time.

You can start TVHM when you've beaten The Warrior, and then the Ultimate Vault Hunter mode (I think is the name) you can start when you've hit level 50, and have bought that pack/the season pass. You don't start them mandatory, and can switch back to regular mode any time.

Basically mission progress is unique to 3 different play through/difficulties whoch can be jumped between at any time, stats are global so levels carry over between difficulties and bad ass points stack between characters, so your +5% health in the zerkers badass will be there if say you stared a siren, but she would have a clean slate in terms of her challenge progress, which is handy if you are looking to boost those stats.

Speaking of badass ranks, how high are folks in those? My salvador has just hit his 4* :) works out at 100k badass ranks and +16 in most stats

It shouldn't. If you go to select character, then go back into your main one it should ask if you wanna do normal mode or TVHM.

I'll give that a try. I did get the initial option and picked tvh mode. Didn't know I could switch back and forth. Will have a gander in a bit. I'd rather finish the side quests and DLC before another playthrough.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Oh is true vault hunter mode a NG+ type scenario? I thought it just kicks in when you hit level 50 regardless of where you are in the game. How do you initiate it so?

I was hoping to leave all the DLC until I finish the main story missions and get leveled up reasonably high.

When you finish the story on Normal, you'll probably be around Level 30-32. Even doing all the side missions and DLC won't level you up enough to get to 50, as you'll get less XP for enemies below your level. Once you finish the story and unlock True Vault Hunter Mode, any time you load your character (even if your character is loaded, loading them again) will bring up the mode select, so you can choose between Normal and TVHM (and then Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode when you finish TVHM).

The DLC scales to whatever level you are when you start it I think, so it doesn't really matter when you start it (though I think it might be capped at Level 32 if on Normal Mode, but I'm not sure)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Penn wrote: »
    The DLC scales to whatever level you are when you start it I think, so it doesn't really matter when you start it (though I think it might be capped at Level 32 if on Normal Mode, but I'm not sure)

Hammerlock's doesn't anyway. I went into it at lvl 20 ish and everything was 30+

Hammerlock's doesn't anyway. I went into it at lvl 20 ish and everything was 30+

They will all start with the enemies around 31 or 32 on normal setting if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,340 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

calex71 wrote: »
    They will all start with the enemies around 31 or 32 on normal setting if I recall.

But if you start them at a later point (say, level 50) they'll scale to that?

Oops, you're right. Hammerlock's and possibly Tiny Tina's start at the max level (32 for normal, 50 for TVHM) because the developers assumed everyone would have already finished the main story by then anyway. And now that I think about it, I think the other two (Scarlett's and Torgue's) start at Level 16

• Advertisement

But if you start them at a later point (say, level 50) they'll scale to that?

Only if you are on a higher difficuly, so in TVHM 52 and Uvhm 62, if you play on normal at level 50 they will still be low level.

Only if you are on a higher difficuly, so in TVHM 52 and Uvhm 62, if you play on normal at level 50 they will still be low level.

I started the Badass DLC and most enemies were 30ish. I was about 33. They're about 28 to 30 in the Captain Scarlett DLC at the moment and I'm at 36 now.

Anyone want to help me with Terramorphous at the weekend on Xbox? I'm level 42 or so at the moment and just doing vault hunter mode to get up to 50. Should be there by the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,511 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Played the captain scarlett DLC and that was fine on the first playthrough but after moving on I'm very overleveled.

How is the DLC handled on the vault hunter mode, will it be appropriately leveled when I get there again or should I just do it now.

Varik wrote: »
    Played the captain scarlett DLC and that was fine on the first playthrough but after moving on I'm very overleveled.

How is the DLC handled on the vault hunter mode, will it be appropriately leveled when I get there again or should I just do it now.

Scarlett was a higher level for me. I went back to don't he first few missions as it's high XP for little work. Think enemies were about 42 or so.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,178 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Had first taste of co-op lastnight. A friend got the game so they were low level (lvl11/12 or so), joined with my Zero first (lvl 30) and it sucked because I was way over powered, so I made a new Commando character. i was way underpowered then but it was great fun as it was so intense, EVERYTHING had skulls by their name :D I leveled up quickly though so it was fine after an hour or so. Was fun to play as a different character too.

PC / Mac SHiFT Code: KB53J-RW5XX-539BT-BJT3J-CC55T
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code: KJCT3-BK65T-SRHTR-5XBT3-3ZRXR
    PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code: 53WTB-HRXHC-H9W53-9JW33-HRRSB

Posted on Facebook

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: WTW3J-39F95-ZZKKJ-9TKT3-Z3HBT
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: CBK33-WWXCT-S69BX-CR33T-XR9CR
    PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 3 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: KBC3J-95WXF-WBSBT-TTJJB-KTC6K

And twitter, both valid until the 5th.

Finished the main campaign yesterday. Only have the last 2 rounds of the Hyperion circle of slaughter to get through and the DLC.

The circle of slaughter is becoming a nightmare, and pretty much the only part of the game thats given me bother so far. opened up to allow randomers to join last night to get a bit of help, but it's pointless as if you miss a revive they respawn at the top of the elevator leaving nobody to revive you and if you die it's automatic mission fail. The fact that it seems very glitchy doesn't help either. :/

I might just have to plow on with the DLC until I'm overpowered and go back to it.

Would I be better off starting true vault hunter mode and then doing the DLC or just do the DLC in normal mode and then go into TVM? Also, once I'm 50 in TVM can I switch back to my normal game in order to fight terramorphous? I want to get the did it all achievement but hav no intention of doing the side missions in a second playthrough.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Finished the main campaign yesterday. Only have the last 2 rounds of the Hyperion circle of slaughter to get through and the DLC.

The circle of slaughter is becoming a nightmare, and pretty much the only part of the game thats given me bother so far. opened up to allow randomers to join last night to get a bit of help, but it's pointless as if you miss a revive they respawn at the top of the elevator leaving nobody to revive you and if you die it's automatic mission fail. The fact that it seems very glitchy doesn't help either. :/

I might just have to plow on with the DLC until I'm overpowered and go back to it.

Would I be better off starting true vault hunter mode and then doing the DLC or just do the DLC in normal mode and then go into TVM? Also, once I'm 50 in TVM can I switch back to my normal game in order to fight terramorphous? I want to get the did it all achievement but hav no intention of doing the side missions in a second playthrough.

Yes you can jump between difficulties at any time once you have finished the main story, they act like 3 separate play throughs in terms of mission progress but your lvl, stats chatacter etc all continue to gain over the 3 difficulties. So you can kill the end boss move to tvhm then at any point jump back to normal and have all the progress in that play preserved in terms of side quests etc.

If your aim is to lvl up move to TVHM because the xp you will gain on normal will be tiny.

One word of caution if you intend to go it alone on the DLC , the raid bosses will be very tough to beat in TVHM DLC solo even at lvl 50 without the right build and gear, worth bearing in mind if you are after all of the achievements.

All that said, by turning in missions over the course of the DLC on normal that may be enough to take you to lvl 50 and beyond. But I'm not sure what the xp is per mission I'd say it's around 8-9k.

The other thing to think about is that the gear dropping on normal will be capped at lvl 32 ? I think, perhaps a little higher.

In tvhm or indeed uvhm if you go to that afterwards is not to do certain side quests or even pick them up until after you hit the lvl caps, as the reward will be based on the lvl you accepted the quest at, and there are several useful items that are worth having at lvl 51 or 61, like miss moxxi's rubi pistol.

If you get stuck I can always give you a dig out with a lvl 61 toon.

• Advertisement

Yes you can jump between difficulties at any time once you have finished the main story, they act like 3 separate play throughs in terms of mission progress but your lvl, stats chatacter etc all continue to gain over the 3 difficulties. So you can kill the end boss move to tvhm then at any point jump back to normal and have all the progress in that play preserved in terms of side quests etc.

If your aim is to lvl up move to TVHM because the xp you will gain on normal will be tiny.

One word of caution if you intend to go it alone on the DLC , the raid bosses will be very tough to beat in TVHM DLC solo even at lvl 50 without the right build and gear, worth bearing in mind if you are after all of the achievements.

All that said, by turning in missions over the course of the DLC on normal that may be enough to take you to lvl 50 and beyond. But I'm not sure what the xp is per mission I'd say it's around 8-9k.

The other thing to think about is that the gear dropping on normal will be capped at lvl 32 ? I think, perhaps a little higher.

In tvhm or indeed uvhm if you go to that afterwards is not to do certain side quests or even pick them up until after you hit the lvl caps, as the reward will be based on the lvl you accepted the quest at, and there are several useful items that are worth having at lvl 51 or 61, like miss moxxi's rubi pistol.

If you get stuck I can always give you a dig out with a lvl 61 toon.

I had never copped that before, so if i leave the Firehawk side quests until I'm a level 50 or so then I'll get a level 50 Flame of the Firehawk? The one I have from my first playthrough is only a lvl 8. Came in handy for my second character though.

Advertisement