Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DoC 4 - Septemeber 17th/24th

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Do you know if its far from the Depo?
    It wud be a bus journey for me you see. No euros either lol

I studied that street anyway thanx man, ill look out for the Gold SPAR logo lol

All the best,
    Razer

If you hop on the LUAS stop outside Bus Aras, you can take it for 2 stops to Jervis St and it's like a 2 min walk from there.

Alternatively, it's about a 15 min walk from Bus Aras to the XGC :)

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭OriginalRazer

Konata wrote: »
    If you hop on the LUAS stop outside Bus Aras, you can take it for 2 stops to Jervis St and it's like a 2 min walk from there.

Alternatively, it's about a 15 min walk from Bus Aras to the XGC :)

Thats konfusing to me man sorry lol

Is Bus Aras the Bus centre for Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Konata

Thats konfusing to me man sorry lol

Is Bus Aras the Bus centre for Dublin?

Yup, Bus Aras is the name of the main bus station in Dublin :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

The easiest way to get to the XGC from the main bus station is to walk to the river from the bus station. (It's 2 minutes, just ask someone which direction.)
    With the river on your left, keep walking along the river for about 10 minutes until you come to this pedestrian bridge (The Ha'Penny Bridge). The street on your right is Liffy Street and you should be able to see the XGC's big X sign.

Just so you know though, Day of Champions is not being held in the XGC. It's in the Exchange in Temple Bar.

Konata wrote: »
    Yup, Bus Aras is the name of the main bus station in Dublin :)

Nice one.

Was talking to 1man3letters aka SpookyKid about meeting up.

Another thing do you accept sterling or shud I change some money over before heading down?

All the best,
    Razer

• Advertisement

Another thing do you accept sterling or shud I change some money over before heading down?

Alas nay, very few places - if any - would accept sterling in Dublin.

Sairus wrote: »
    The easiest way to get to the XGC from the main bus station is to walk to the river from the bus station. (It's 2 minutes, just ask someone which direction.)
    With the river on your left, keep walking along the river for about 10 minutes until you come to this pedestrian bridge (The Ha'Penny Bridge). The street on your right is Liffy Street and you should be able to see the XGC's big X sign.

Just so you know though, Day of Champions is not being held in the XGC. It's in the Exchange in Temple Bar.

Thank you man. That is very helpful information.

What date is DoC being held and where is the Temple Bar?

All the best,
    Razer

Alas nay, very few places - if any - would accept sterling in Dublin.

Didn't think so.
    No bother man ill exchange some and head down.

Cheers.

All the best,
    Razer

Thank you man. That is very helpful information.

What date is DoC being held and where is the Temple Bar?

SF.ie has all the info! :D

http://streetfighter.ie/index.php/2011/08/14/day-of-champions-4-the-exchange-temple-bar-dublin-17th-september-2011/

But to summarize:
    17 September 2011.
    Venue opens at 12:40.
    Entry to the venue will be €5, then entry into one tournament is €7 or entry into all tournaments is €10.
    Map: http://maps.google.ie/maps?ll=53.344762,-6.268129&spn=0.006738,0.038581&layer=c&cbll=53.344753,-6.268113&panoid=Kf82ZZo4XFSpu5WY9OMBmQ&cbp=12,229.36,,0,3.69&z=15

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

@ razer

I can meet you somewhere whenever you come up, like temple bar or Spire of Dublin/Monument of light/dat big spiky thing on o connel street. Somewhere easy to find, I know it's hard trying to find your way around a foreign city by yourself especially if you're tryin to find something as small as xgc

• Advertisement

Jun_DP101 wrote: »
    @ razer

I can meet you somewhere whenever you come up, like temple bar or Spire of Dublin/Monument of light/dat big spiky thing on o connel street. Somewhere easy to find, I know it's hard trying to find your way around a foreign city by yourself especially if you're tryin to find something as small as xgc

That would be great man.
    I'll try and get some other people interested in going too.
    And get talking to spookykid. DeathRider etc about booking work off, getting money together etc. and hopefully set something up soon.

:)

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

From the bus station find the river liffey.

It's the only river nearby, follow the seagulls and junkies.

Follow the river away from the bus station and examine each bridge you pass. you are looking for the ha'penny bridge.

If you don't know what this looks like, buy some milk, it's on the carton.

From the ha'penny bridge examine the road parallel to it, on the same side of the river as your good self. Here be the xgc.

From the bus station find the river liffey.

It's the only river nearby, follow the seagulls and junkies.

Follow the river away from the bus station and examine each bridge you pass. you are looking for the ha'penny bridge.

If you don't know what this looks like, buy some milk, it's on the carton.

From the ha'penny bridge examine the road parallel to it, on the same side of the river as your good self. Here be the xgc.

Junkies.... lovely.

All the best,
    Razer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

They'll teach you how to use the luas ticket machines.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Voa

Okay, so far, here's the people I've sent confirmations to;
    Naphiel (PS3)
    Owmykneecap (Xbox)
    UberPrinny (xbox)
    1st hardter (Xbox)
    I've sent out query PMs to the following;
    Speedboat
    Chueytoo
    Xinkai

If anyone else wants to get in on the price reduction you HAVE TO PM ME. If you do not PM me, you are not eligible for price reduction. I'm being a strict hardass on this because I want the full sweep of setups running by 13.10 at the latest, so we can do 5 minutes or so of testing before the SF teams begins.
    Timeline looks like we'll be running SF Teams -> BBCS -> MK9 + 3SOE -> MvC3. We will be running single tournaments, because we'll have significantly more time on the day (we're clearing up to be out at 9) and there'll be a double tournament with 3S and MK9 because MK must be played on PS3, which we will be lacking in numbers. Because of this, we can run 2 tournaments at once. If people would prefer it to be single all the way through (for recordings), we could put MK9 at the end of the day, and run side or fun tournaments on the Xboxs still left. We might also run the tails of tournaments into each other (have people who were knocked out of the tournaments by losers 2-3 play their round 1s of the next tournament) to save time as well, or setup a "training station" for the next tournament for those knocked out early. This means that, for those who are there for SSFAE and 3S, there'll be less downtime while BB is on. I'm still entirely open to suggestions here, nothing is set in stone.

Also, anyone who knows the magical resolution that kills lag, please PM it to me so I can ensure all Xbox's are set to it on the day.
    Also, slightly considering reducing the money given to the exchange by about 1 euro out of every 5 to put towards the community's funds. I dunno how much the exchange overhead is, and I don't want to rob them out of a lot of cash, but it'd be nice to have more stock monitors, or put it towards other things nice for the community, you know?

Finally, if anyone wants to bring discs to this of their games, or their profiles on USBs just-in-case, that'd be magic. Be sure though to mark your games and consoles in some manner. Things get moved, misplaced, and grow legs in somewhere like the exchange, and not marking your own kit is just a plain silly thing to do.:pac:

...Christ, that's a longer post than I thought it would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Voa the exchange is about 30% or so or whatever take in for the "gate". I would generally round this up to €50 if we don't make it there naturally.

Well, it's just that last time, I told Aileen to take 30% off the top.
    That came to 200 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Well then I would assume that prize pot money was dug into unless the last DoC had about 120 people.

I can't see where the cost bit is laid out but assuming that you are still sticking to the usual fiver entry then it should be a third of those fivers is what goes to the exchange.

Orim wrote: »
    Well then I would assume that prize pot money was dug into unless the last DoC had about 120 people.

I can't see where the cost bit is laid out but assuming that you are still sticking to the usual fiver entry then it should be a third of those fivers is what goes to the exchange.

No, we had 40 people paying 15 quid each.

*Edit; after a quick IRC argument about maths, it turns out I'm quite in the wrong. 150 quid is the difference between 1/3 of the fee being for the venue and 1/3 of the 1/3 of the fee being given to the venue, with 2/3rds going towards prize/community.

No WONDER that hippy was so happy to be given 200 quid.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭the 1st hardter

Replied to Pm before I checked here. It's just my xbox ya want and not the ps3? You just said bring everything in the PM (this will greatly help me not break my back on the day)

• Advertisement

While I would massively appreciate the PS3, it wouldn't be necessary (I think) for you to bring it. If it's also a massive inconvenience, you don't have to trouble yourself, you're already doing more than enough by bringing an Xbox and monitor.

Now to get a bag/box that is easy to carry with this **** in it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

Voa wrote: »
    SF Teams -> BBCS -> MK9 + 3SOE -> MvC3.

For the MK9/3S slot, it seems like a pretty natural time to split the machines between MK9 on PS3s and 3S on 360s; since the MK scene is mostly PS3 based, and it's been established the patches only properly work on there.
    Finally, if anyone wants to bring discs to this of their games, or their profiles on USBs just-in-case, that'd be magic. Be sure though to mark your games and consoles in some manner. Things get moved, misplaced, and grow legs in somewhere like the exchange, and not marking your own kit is just a plain silly thing to do.:pac:

Didn't you say to me very recently at casuals that actually marking all my kit was a silly thing to do? :pac:

Life at the top has changed you Voa, you're getting.... organised.

We currently have 7 machines (2 of which are PS3s) and 8 monitors (4 are the exchange ones). Is there anyone with an xbox out there who would be willing to patch it and bring it in on the day?

Yar, sorry I meant to volunteer mine ages ago. I'll send you a PM to confirm it. It has all MvC3, SF4 and BB DLC, along with SF3. I'll get a copy of MK before the event so I can patch it. (But I fair aint buying no MK DLC :pac: )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

I'll get a copy of MK before the event so I can patch it

Wasn't the concensus that Xbox MK offline won't have the most recent patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭1man3letters

hey lads,
    think i was told at casual on wed that the mk tourny being played on xbox now? could i get that confirmed or not?
    the last hotfix and last patch on xbox do not work unless the console is connected online and signed into the profile that has the patch,this is 100% fact, been said before but just thought remind yas :)

hey lads,
    think i was told at casual on wed that the mk tourny being played on xbox now? could i get that confirmed or not?
    the last hotfix and last patch on xbox do not work unless the console is connected online and signed into the profile that has the patch,this is 100% fact, been said before but just thought remind yas :)

No worries, it will be PS3 exclusive. Because of this, we're limited to 2 systems. What this means is that the early rounds will NOT be recorded, as the 3S tournament will run recorded. Once the 3S tournament is complete, we'll hook up a PS3 to the recording setup and record some of the matches there.

hey lads,

No worries, it will be PS3 exclusive. Because of this, we're limited to 2 systems. What this means is that the early rounds will NOT be recorded, as the 3S tournament will run recorded. Once the 3S tournament is complete, we'll hook up a PS3 to the recording setup and record some of the matches there.

And knowing my luck ill pull Ramza on round 1 of 3S for the recording.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

And knowing my luck ill pull Ramza on round 1 of 3S for the recording.....

Nah. Probably just a Chun.

Advertisement