Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

More money then sense as they say ,

What do you mean by that?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

More money then sense as they say ,

Idiotic comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Gunneros

Paddy Carr confirmed as new Brigids boss. A big name in fairness but I fear team is on slide so squeezing the last couple of Fahy cups out of the lads might be the realistic objective.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Gunneros wrote: »
    Paddy Carr confirmed as new Brigids boss. A big name in fairness but I fear team is on slide so squeezing the last couple of Fahy cups out of the lads might be the realistic objective.

Brigids' targets will not be beating teams they've continually dismantled for a decade, indeed the gap was more empathetic this year than almost any other. The aim will still to be to make the AISFs and no team that gets there with Brigids' experience would be happy making up the numbers.

Will be interesting what club FOD ends up managing if rumours are true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭Always_Running

Corofin a young side they could easily match Brigids three in a row Connacht titles and by 2016/17 a few of the up coming sides in Roscommon could have overtaken Brigids.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

Syferus wrote: »
    Brigids' targets will not be beating teams they've continually dismantled for a decade, indeed the gap was more empathetic this year than almost any other. The aim will still to be to make the AISFs and no team that gets there with Brigids' experience would be happy making up the numbers.

Will be interesting what club FOD ends up managing if rumours are true.

What rumours are these?

What rumours are these?

FOD not taking any teams this year from what I've heard, but it will be interesting this year with val daly in Johnstown and pearses and Gaels also on the way up.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Ros14

FOD not taking any teams this year from what I've heard, but it will be interesting this year with val daly in Johnstown and pearses and Gaels also on the way up.

Is Daly definitely taking over Clann?

Ros14 wrote: »
    Is Daly definitely taking over Clann?

Not ratified yet but is definitely in for it and is hotly tipped

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Not ratified yet but is definitely in for it and is hotly tipped

Could be just the fella they need, with brigids a bit over the hills, clann with a good new manager might be a good bet for the county,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12 Ros14

Ex Dublin All-Star Paul Curran is the new Clann manager.

Ros14 wrote: »
    Ex Dublin All-Star Paul Curran is the new Clann manager.

Good appointment he did well with Ballymun and has a Clann panel full of potential to work with now.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭HW100S

Roscommon are just the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭Paddico

HW100S wrote: »
    Roscommon are just the best!

A great bunch a lads :D

Happy christmas to all the rosies fans on here, heres to a might year next year

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭pjmn

Many happy returns....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,703 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

heres to a might year next year

Bit of a Freudian slip there T...

Happy New Year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Mighty win again the mayos yesterday,gave them a good beating down in castlebar for the first time in 20 years, I couldnt make it there myself, would be a great boost to win the final

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Rawhead

Mighty win again the mayos yesterday,gave them a good beating down in castlebar for the first time in 20 years, I couldnt make it there myself, would be a great boost to win the final

29 years Tom, 1986.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭degzs

When and where will the game be against Galway ?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

degzs wrote: »
    When and where will the game be against Galway ?

This Sunday in Kiltoom at 2:15.

Looking forward to the Galway game. Kiltoom has a quality pitch and is the right size for the FBD League so the atmosphere should be good. The visit of Cavan the week after is when our season starts, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Irish94

The pitch in Kiltoom has been quite poor for the past 6 months, compared to it's usual standards.

Irish94 wrote: »
    The pitch in Kiltoom has been quite poor for the past 6 months, compared to it's usual standards.

Quality is a relative thing when the other county ground's pitch is so bad it won't be playable until some time in February or March.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭manofwisdom

Rawhead wrote: »
    29 years Tom, 1986.

Wouldn't be 29 years until June 15th

To be precise

28 years
    343 months
    1,492 weeks
    10,444 days
    250,656 hours
    15,039,360 minutes
    902,361,600 seconds
    Dog Years 125
    Galapagos turtle Years 13

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Wouldn't be 29 years until June 15th

To be precise

28 years
    343 months
    1,492 weeks
    10,444 days
    250,656 hours
    15,039,360 minutes
    902,361,600 seconds
    Dog Years 125
    Galapagos turtle Years 13

Very accurate! Next question, how long since the Roscommon seniors won a championship match in Croke Park? :)

Very accurate! Next question, how long since the Roscommon seniors won a championship match in Croke Park? :)

In fairness Mayo had long wait themselves for a Croke park win as the 1989 semi final win against Tyrone was the first since 1951.

The last time we won in Croke Park was nine months ago, in a final no less. Not that ye'd know much about doing that, Cosmos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Syferus wrote: »
    The last time we won in Croke Park was nine months ago, in a final no less. Not that ye'd know much about doing that, Cosmos.

Well I've been there to see us do it (and not down in Division 3 either).

I suppose we could just get relegated a couple of times if we wanted to improve our chances.:P
    In fairness Mayo had long wait themselves for a Croke park win as the 1989 semi final win against Tyrone was the first since 1951.

That's true, incredible to think now that we only played seven championship games in Croke Park during that 38 year run (and none at all during the 70s).

Advertisement