Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roscommon GAA Discussion Thread

Options
1159160161162163165»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭Suckler

Decision making in the second half was a big factor, taking the ball in to contact unnecessarily cost Roscommon scores and the resulting turnover ended up as a Dublin score.

The Dublin bench is phenomenal though, it's a hard slog against the first 15 but many Dublin subs would be automatic starters on many other teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,535 ✭✭✭MacDanger

What's the feeling like in Roscommon for Saturday's match?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭megadodge

A lot of that ended up pretty much as I expected - decent patches in the first half against a very average team, in good position at half-time, show very little desire early in the second-half to actually go on and win the game, inevitably concede a preventable goal or two, wake up waaay too late and really go for it. Lose.

Mayo were there for the taking. And we still didn't beat them.

Early on Roscommon pressed up three times on Mayo's kikcouts and caused huge problems, including forcing a Mayo player to pass directly back to his goalie for a tapover free. And what happens next? Roscommon don't contest another Mayo kickout for 20 minutes. WHAT THE F*CK!!! Obviously the team were playing to instructions, but why would you instruct a team to stop doing something that was clearly working? If I had enough hair I'd have been pulling it out throughout the first-half.

And again, just like Dublin, on our kickouts there was absolutely nobody REALLY looking for the ball, giving the goalie no option but to kick it long where we (shock horror) lost most breaking balls.

In general, there's simply not enough Roscommon players supporting other Roscommon players in possession, giving them an option, helping them when in trouble or simply forcing the opposition to allocate numbers to cater for your dummy runs, etc. There just seems to be a general lack of honesty in the team at present.

I seldom miss a game, but I'm seriously considering not bothering going to another game this season (might only be one), because I'm watching a team that simply isn't giving everything they have. There are a few exceptions, but there seems to be a malaise in the team and it's just pathetic to look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Rossie4ever

Any word on how bad Enda's injury is?

Looks like the AFL are after Daire Cregg going by this article

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-41409974.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭megadodge

That would be a disaster for Roscommon. He has been one of the few shining lights this year.

Disaster is right for us but it would be a great opportunity for him. I'm finding it hard to be optimistic for the future for Roscommon seniors if he goes and if a few of the more senior players decide to call it a day after this season ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭blowitupref

It's a long process for any GAA player before they get selected for Aussie rules. That's just trial and numerous young GAA players partake in that and progressing no further. What I'd question is the timing of those trials, they (the AFL teams) clearly don't care at all about the players some of which Daire Cregg Included who should be allowed to focus fully on their championship matches.

Post edited by blowitupref on

Advertisement