Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copper [BBC America - US] *Spoilers*

Options
2»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

SEason 2 opener out........

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭mrkite77

Judging from the first episode, seems like this season we're going to be seeing more of Anastasia Griffith... if you know what I mean.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

mrkite77 wrote: »
    Judging from the first episode, seems like this season we're going to be seeing more of Anastasia Griffith... if you know what I mean.

reason enough to tune in ;)

Decided to finly get started on this. Was one of those shows I meant to watch but there was always a sense that it wasn't going to last very long.

The first episode is a hodgepodge of every genre cliche imaginable. Corcoran is played like some hard boiled antihero and a real maverick whose constantly being told not to "be so clever". The writers seem to mistake hard bitten dialogue and machoism as a way if creating a deep and layered character but honestly it just feels like its been ripped out of the idiots guide to writing hard boiled pulp fiction.

The prostitution ring story was so old hat that the second we saw the villains we know he was the killer. There was no sense of mystery or intrigue to any of it. The implications of Corcoran's past and the baggage it entails doesn't fill me with awe. The cop with a past and emotional issues is so bland that it's hard to care about any of it. I'd love a cop who wasn't defined by either his job or his poor dead family.

Given how short the two series are and how much I love Oz, ill most likely watch this till the end. Hioefully the show will evolve into something more interesting than the sum of its parts as it really is full of potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

Bah Humbug ... just watched both seasons of this over the last two weeks and while it took me a small while to get into it by midway through season 1 I was hooked . Enjoyed it and am now disappointed to see that it has been cancelled , oh well , I am sure it will be succeeded by some high quality reality TV show about people who are constipated or something .

• Advertisement
Advertisement