Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eircom Announces fibre roll out

Options
12345679»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭arctan

there should have been more cabs up and running from Priory Park (exchange supplying a lot of the Sandyford fibre) but there were problems with wrong cabs etc.. installed... word is they're due to be sorted soon, Ballyboden is the next sort of area being coined as the continuation of FTTC .... hopin to start in the next two months when the Wexford project stats are completed

supposidly anyways haha but I wouldnt see it being far off, a lot of Eircom's future is in rolling out FTTC so they are willing to push funds into it, whether it fully there or not by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Despite listing all of Portmarnock, Malahide and Kinsealy as having fibre powered broadband.. Eircom skipped by our enclave on the Malahide road.. Still stuck with ADSL delivering 4.3Mb/s dl with 0.4Mb/s ul.

Listing Portmarnock, Swords, Malahide today for FTTH... I'm sure that won't include ourselves once again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

lawred2 wrote: »
    Despite listing all of Portmarnock, Malahide and Kinsealy as having fibre powered broadband.. Eircom skipped by our enclave on the Malahide road.. Still stuck with ADSL delivering 4.3Mb/s dl with 0.4Mb/s ul.

Listing Portmarnock, Swords, Malahide today for FTTH... I'm sure that won't include ourselves once again.
    well that sucks did you ring them and ask why doh you probably get some silly response from Eircom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

lynchie wrote: »
    Initially they had both products on the same page which was confusing. Their pricing at http://www.magnet.ie/fibre/ is for the new ftth product. €65.99 for 150/30 aint bad at all

Don't see it. But still bad. Half it and throw in the water charges as well. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24,271 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

rob808 wrote: »
    well that sucks did you ring them and ask why doh you probably get some silly response from Eircom.

who do you ring though?

I've asked Eircom (retail) and they have told me that they have nothing to with the network upgrades...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭rob808

lawred2 wrote: »
    who do you ring though?

I've asked Eircom (retail) and they have told me that they have nothing to with the network upgrades...
    Eircom engineer would be your best bet since the retail arm wouldn't have a clue see can you see one around no harm in asking him.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,291 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

Our town has cabs done round the town but eircom won't allow the exchange to be done because they would have to allow other providers into the exchange. A cabinet won't be put outside too expensive apparantly the other option is to section off the exchange internally. so we wait...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,469 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Our town has cabs done round the town but eircom won't allow the exchange to be done because they would have to allow other providers into the exchange. A cabinet won't be put outside too expensive apparantly the other option is to section off the exchange internally. so we wait...

That isn't quite correct, actually the issue EVDSL is the opposite.

Eircom can't just turn on VDSL in exchanges as it will effect other operators using LLU in the exchanges. The cabs bypass this issue, as a line is only patched into the cab when a person orders VDSL.

Therefore Eircom need to more carefully test Exchange Launched VDSL, negotiate with the other operators and get permission for it from Comreg. Not an easy process at all. However the process is ongoing and Eircom should be ready to launch EVDSL in the not too distant future.

Advertisement