Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identical Dog To Ours forsale on Donedeal

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

But see the flip side of that is that I don't understand how you don't place a value on your family member by giving them away free.

Well because they're priceless of course! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 LoopTheLoop

One argument for charging for the dog is that somebody who'll pay for him will likely value him more, and take it more seriously, than somebody who got him for free.

Not saying that's the case here, but it could be a factor.

And yes, I too, think he doesn't know what's awaiting him and why they took his photo. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

One argument for charging for the dog is that somebody who'll pay for him will likely value him more, and take it more seriously, than somebody who got him for free.

You just have to look at all of the pedigree dogs in the pound or rescue centres to see that this is not true, unfortunately money seems to mean nothing to some people when the next fad comes along :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭catch me if you can

<Snip>

Proof that you dont have to sell a dog for a wad of cash to get a good home

• Registered Users Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Putting my foot down now!

No-one pays for an advert on a site that they are looking for a dog which is free to a good home with the intention of having their business discussed on a public forum.

NO more links to Donedeal!!

One more link on this thread and it's being locked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,941 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I don't have an issue with discussing the pros/cons of Donedeal and whether or not people recommend it as a place to source a pet.

I do have an issue with posters linking adverts which people have paid for the privilege of putting there which includes their personal information and copying their photographs and publishing them elsewhere on the internet without their permission. You don't break any laws by paying for an ad on donedeal. These are not links to proven scam artists/puppy farms etc. They are ordinary people who are re-homing/looking to re-home a pet.

Advertisement