Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are Cats family members

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

whereas my dogs always want affection from me, the cats give me affection

That sums it up beautifully. My one dog is more work than my six cats - he's massively high maintenance in terms of his demands for attention, and he finds it hard to sit quietly in companionship. It could be just his age, he's still very young. My cats offer me more affection than my dog does.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

My cat is definitely a family member! He follows me around the house when I'm doing chores, chills on my lap when watching telly. When he smells my mam cooking liver, he sits patiently at her feet waiting for his little bit, I swear he knows it's Sunday as he stares in the kitchen window waiting for his bit of chicken! He recognises the sound of the car engine and porch opening and will go to the door when he hears them to see who's coming in.

I've been away for two months and apparently he's been sleeping on my clothes and on my bed :) I can't wait to give him a cuddle when I'm home! When I came back from a week long trip last year he ignored me (mad at me for leaving him I expect!) but when I opened my case to unpack, he jumped in and fell asleep on the clothes!

Advertisement