Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What I got in the post today!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭hitemfrank

It sas the most excited I've been opening a package since I got my first straight razor.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I don't have my own camera to hand, so here are some pics off the 'net of what I got in the post today:

speick.jpgTN_405-015_feather_de_blades.jpg

1141226_max.jpg

:)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nothing major...got this yesterday. the Mitchells soap will last me a good long time :)

woolfat.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,394 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

@Cabaal is that a Marathon training book in the background? Shaving will help your streamlining :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

@Cabaal is that a Marathon training book in the background? Shaving will help your streamlining :D

It is indeed :)

Ultimate Training Guide by Hal Higdon
    Streamlining....sure that's the plan next Monday in Dublin :pac: :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,858 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What's in the Edwin Jagger box at the front of the picture, if you don't mind me asking?
    I can't read the rest of the words on it! :o

If I'm not mistaken it's an aftershave sample. Sandalwood to be exact.

This morning I got the second version of a shave soap being developed by Dr K Soap Company. I got the first version last Wednesday, gave some feedback and the second version arrived this morning. A pretty impressive turn around for making and sending a soap.

I used it this morning and I'm very impressed with this version.

Cabaal wrote: »
    It is indeed :)

Ultimate Training Guide by Hal Higdon
    Streamlining....sure that's the plan next Monday in Dublin :pac: :pac:

Hal Higdon is the man, he got me through Paris, twice.
    Good luck on Monday...I'll be watching on TV.

I got a package unexpectantly this morning from Dr K Soap Company.

It's a good soap and is about €6.50 delivered.

photo1380.jpg

hitemfrank wrote: »

how was it unexpected? They sending them out to people for free:D

• Advertisement

I helped test the soap and I was sent a free one when it was ready to be sold on their site.

I wasn't expecting to be sent a free one :)

Could some of you guys do me a favour and buy more stuff so this thread doesn't look like it's all about me? I'm starting to realise just how much I'm spending :D

I had a very nice razor arrive this morning. A Henkotsu kamisori

img5268j.jpgimg5269u.jpgimg5271edited1.jpg

I don't have the balls to upgrade to a straight-edge blade yet, but I do enjoy seeing your updates! :D

Unless I happen to get an absolute bargain I doubt I'll be buying anything else for a while.

The brush I'm waiting on doesn't count as that was paid for last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭Smokeyskelton

That's one cool looking razor, may it shave you closely and safely. :)

Thank you sir!

I tried using it this morning in the traditional way, with the stamped side facing away from the face, and it was a bit awkward. With some practice I think I could figure out the angles necessary to shave with just the one side.

I'm going to try it out using both sides tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭nc6000

photo1380.jpg

I see this soap is already sold out according to their website.

nc6000 wrote: »
    I see this soap is already sold out according to their website.

I'm wondering if it's actually undergoing a recipe change. I've used it a fair bit and get really good lather from it but I've heard from someone else who got a really poor lather from it. They may have decided to review their recipe.

Hopefully it is sold out and not under review. However if they are looking to change the recipe I have to give them credit for removing the soap for sale. I've seen other soap makers keep selling a poor version of shave soap while they were actively changing the recipe for their soap.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

This arrived in the post today:

6539708601_0ce25ebf16_z.jpg

6539714853_760062c090_z.jpg

It's a Gillette Tech, unknown year. Handle in perfect condition, though there is some wear on the top of the blade holder. Already had a go if it and it gives a very mild shave as expected.

Also got this:

6539717591_378e6c39be_z.jpg

One of the cheapest badger brushes I could find, and fits nicely onto the Kent stand I had bought a while back.

Is there a letter and number under the head of the Tech?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭CourierCollie

Is there a letter and number under the head of the Tech?

No there is no letter or number on it at all. Looks exactly like the one in Gran Hermanos post. Though I think they made the same model for decades.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Gillette only introduced the date codes in 1950, my Super Speed from the 1940s has no code whilst I have other Super Speeds from the 1950s and 60s with codes.
    http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/US_Gillette_Dating_Information

Well this thread has been quiet for a while. Guess it's my duty to post something then.

Some aftershaves are running low so I decided to pick up a few.

photo1467.jpg

TOBS Jermyn Street is an aftershave I've been wanting to pick up since it was released. Dr Harris Marlborough, I got a sample of some time last year so decided to get a bottle of it. The Blue Stratos was just something thrown in the cart to try out to see if I would like it.

Three samples came in the package too. ACCA Kappa 1869 and White Moss as well as Geo F Thrumper Ajaccio Violets. Out of the three the White Moss is the scent I prefer at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

As a matter of interest do you know of any online retailers of Santa Maria Novella? Can't find it anywhere, and I'm a fan of their 'Acqua di Cuba'.

I did a search for it and this is the only site I can find it on http://www.lafcony.com/smn/index.php

They are an American site and I don't actually know if they ship outside the US.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

A present, probably the closest I'll get to Plisson 'hardware'.. smells lovely. I didn't ask, obviously, about cost\price.. :o

plissongiftdublin.jpg

Oooh nice!

That's probably about as close as I'd ever get too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Very very nice. I used to pilfer my Dad's years and years ago, when he was working in the US.

Short acting scent, but leaves a nice spicy musk, close to the skin.

[Bay Rum scented smiley > :) ]

rbr1boardsie.jpg

rbr2boardsie.jpg

rbr4boardsie.jpg

rbr3boardsie.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm really not a fan of Bay Rum.

That bottle is pretty nice though.

Advertisement