Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jurassic World

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Angron wrote: »
    The raptor thing is still bugging me to be honest.

There is (trailer spoiler)
    a shot of a raptor attacking a human. May not be as tame as we think

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

i cant wait for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Neamhshuntasach

This feels nothing like a Jurassic Park franchise film to me. That trailer was more like Fast & Furious 8: Dinosaurs.

Hopefully the final product on screen changes my current opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,490 ✭✭✭brevity

Didn't like this trailer and I don't think this film will be any good which is disappointing but not all that surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

That trailer just killed off what little hope I had left for this film. Really disappointed.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Brancott

The bloody trailer seems to give away the whole film, well that's annoying.
    Seems pure action with no heart, a cgi fest.

I might wait for the DVD on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Ya, the trailer gave away the whole thing really.

But that said, I like the look of this so far.

Will I go to the cinema to see it? Maybe not. I am not a big JP fan, but I do like Dinosaurs.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,149 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I think it looks good, certainly better than parts 2 or 3. Lets face it the franchise has only produced one decent movie to date so if this turns out good it will be a pleasant surprise and if it's crap it's just a standard JP sequel and no big loss to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    Ya, the trailer gave away the whole thing really.

But that said, I like the look of this so far.

Will I go to the cinema to see it? Maybe not. I am not a big JP fan, but I do like Dinosaurs.

The primary antagonist isn't even a dinosaur. Looks like a good monster movie though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Looks like we can put Terminator Genisys and Jurassic World in the same pile of shite category...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Im looking forward to this, but why did they make this a Jurassic Park sequel when its basically Dino-riders and we still have not seen a Dino-riders movie?

It took me a while to get my head around the Raptors as hunting assistants and not socipathes, but in 3001: The Final Odessey by Arthur C Clarke raptors had been cloned and trained to do menial tasks. Using them for hunting is less of a leap. Also, if you can teach a peregrine falcon to hunt, why not a larger, smarter animal?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

the_monkey wrote: »
    Looks like we can put Terminator Genisys and Jurassic World in the same pile of shite category...

There is no way it looks anywhere near as bad as the Terminator Genisys film, which does look absolutely awful.
    dan1895 wrote: »
    The primary antagonist isn't even a dinosaur. Looks like a good monster movie though.

But its going to look like a dinosaur, a T-Rex with other dino characteristics and a load of made up stuff too.

We can hardly nitpick at that in a film that has Dinosaurs brought back to life and then goes and calls them the wrong name, Velociraptors instead of Deinonychus. And in the case of Dilophosaurus, they gave it frills and made it spit stuff. They have been giving us make believe Dinosaurs since the first JP film, its nothing new.

Brancott wrote: »
    The bloody trailer seems to give away the whole film, well that's annoying.
    Seems pure action with no heart, a cgi fest.

I might wait for the DVD on this one.

Seems this is the norm these day's same ****ing thing with the Terminator Trailer, it's a ****ing joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Just goes to show.

After the latest trailer me and the misses in tandum were like " oh this is gonna be good". I'm eagerly awaiting it.

There is only so much you can do with that world in fairness, and some new stuff like attempts to tame raptors and geneticly modified dinosaurs is fair enough.

I'm hopeful it will be good. Granted wasn't overly impressed with the amount of screentime the new dinosaur got. I thought they had some good anticipation and mystery there, but it actually looks a bit "meh" now. Although considering the pictures leaked all over the web last month not surprised they just showed it properly.

I wouldn't consider this really "spoilery" as opposed to say the Terminator trailer. I don't know what sort of plot,story or twist people would expect them to hide here.....I think if you go into a Jurrasic Park film, you kinda know what is gonna happen

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

'An asset is out of containment!'

Er, it's a dinosaur, not Jason Bourne.

Said asset probably cost more to engineer than Jason Bourne did.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭Chip Whitley

An 'asset' is exactly how these people would view dinosaurs though. They are genetically modifying creatures for financial gain after all!

Brendão wrote: »
    An 'asset' is exactly how these people would view dinosaurs though. They are genetically modifying creatures for financial gain after all!

asset
    ˈasɛt/
    noun
    noun: asset; plural noun: assets

a useful or valuable thing or person.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,151 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I'm sorry. But I still think it looks like a really fun trip to the cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

syklops wrote: »
    Im looking forward to this, but why did they make this a Jurassic Park sequel when its basically Dino-riders and we still have not seen a Dino-riders movie?

It took me a while to get my head around the Raptors as hunting assistants and not socipathes, but in 3001: The Final Odessey by Arthur C Clarke raptors had been cloned and trained to do menial tasks. Using them for hunting is less of a leap. Also, if you can teach a peregrine falcon to hunt, why not a larger, smarter animal?

Because unlike a peregrine these are smarter a bigger than us.
    Peregrine will lock onto to you face an arm but you'll get it off. Good luck gettin a velociraptor off your face

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Because unlike a peregrine these are smarter a bigger than us.
    Peregrine will lock onto to you face an arm but you'll get it off. Good luck gettin a velociraptor off your face

A velocicraptor was about the size of a turkey.

That's the point. The information you know about JP dinosaurs is already incorrect. Oh the I-Rex isn't real. NEITHER ARE THE OTHER DAMN DINOSAURS.

The Mosasaur you see nomming on great whites? Already way bigger than it should be. The T-Rex probably had feathers.

They built all the dinosaurs from the ground up. Remember, they aren't (not supposed to be) breeding on their own. They built in a lysine deficiency. Why not build them so that they are trainable. Or at least more docile. They've had 20 years of doing this. You think they just said, "Right lads, we've made a dinosaur from basically **** all, that'll do." The original dino's were MS-DOS, these are Windows 10! Loads of revisions, updates, I believe they might have tried ads at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Oh the I-Rex isn't real.

Maybe not but Apple are working on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

A lot of people complaining about plots being given away, or showing dinosaurs on the trailer instead of saving the surprise, but look at one of the trailers for the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIzH8WrMxmk

Not a lot left to the imagination there - "we've bred dinosaurs, wow they're incredible, holy crap containment has failed, people running in fear and oh, look it's a T-rex!".

The base plot is basically given away, the biggest surprises are shown, but as we all know a great story and great execution went a long way to making a great film, whether you know the plot or not.

I guess in a world where it wasn't quite so easy to save a video and pick it apart frame-by-frame, there wasn't the same focus on trying to hold back the tantalising scenes for the cinema.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

seamus wrote: »
    A lot of people complaining about plots being given away, or showing dinosaurs on the trailer instead of saving the surprise, but look at one of the trailers for the original:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NIzH8WrMxmk

Not a lot left to the imagination there - "we've bred dinosaurs, wow they're incredible, holy crap containment has failed, people running in fear and oh, look it's a T-rex!".

The base plot is basically given away, the biggest surprises are shown, but as we all know a great story and great execution went a long way to making a great film, whether you know the plot or not.

I guess in a world where it wasn't quite so easy to save a video and pick it apart frame-by-frame, there wasn't the same focus on trying to hold back the tantalising scenes for the cinema.

I really miss the voice overs on trailers :(

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Wedwood

I really miss the voice overs on trailers :(

Imagine a world where...........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

A velocicraptor was about the size of a turkey.

That's the point. The information you know about JP dinosaurs is already incorrect. Oh the I-Rex isn't real. NEITHER ARE THE OTHER DAMN DINOSAURS.

The Mosasaur you see nomming on great whites? Already way bigger than it should be. The T-Rex probably had feathers.

They built all the dinosaurs from the ground up. Remember, they aren't (not supposed to be) breeding on their own. They built in a lysine deficiency. Why not build them so that they are trainable. Or at least more docile. They've had 20 years of doing this. You think they just said, "Right lads, we've made a dinosaur from basically **** all, that'll do." The original dino's were MS-DOS, these are Windows 10! Loads of revisions, updates, I believe they might have tried ads at some stage.

life finds a way ;)

In fairness though, i think they explained in one of the books or films that these aren't dinosaurs, they're genetically engineered Emus and Ostriches. The scientists were constantly updating and revising their genome, altering their look and behavior. (that's how in the book, they have the normal not-too-dangerous raptors and the psychopath, crazy raptors)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

Wedwood wrote: »
    Imagine a world where...........

Replaced with this equally parody worthy sound for the 00's and constant 3 second black cuts that leave little footage in trailers :

"In a world where . ." BWAAAAH!
    "But NOW . . . . " BWAAAH!
    "On a mission they weren't expected to survive." BWAAAH!
    "It was supposed to be a routine ..." BWAAAH!
    "But there was one thing they DIDN'T count on!" BWAAAH!
    "Based on a true story" BWAAAH!
    "Everything you know . . . " BWAAAH!
    " . . . is about to change!" BWAAAH!
    "When your life is no longer your own . . ." BWAAAH!
    "One man (woman/boy/girl [must]" BWAAAH!
    "Change the world / embark on a journey" BWAAAH!
    "A hero will rise" BWAAAH!
    "... and an Empire will fall." BWAAAH!
    "....and THIS time, it's - BWAAAH!"

Probably already said, but the biggest problem facing this movie is that there isn't really anything new. The first movie was so incredible because 1) it had a director as amazing as Spielberg helming it and 2) it was so completely new at the time. There just wasn't those kind of effects everywhere.

It'll be a big dumb movie and probably a lot of fun, but it won't be anything more than that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

Probably already said, but the biggest problem facing this movie is that there isn't really anything new. The first movie was so incredible because 1) it had a director as amazing as Spielberg helming it and 2) it was so completely new at the time. There just wasn't those kind of effects everywhere.

It'll be a big dumb movie and probably a lot of fun, but it won't be anything more than that.

like all sequels.

Advertisement