Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Many Units Do You Consume?

Options
13»

Comments

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Seriously?

That's at least 100units a week! :eek:

And I thought I was a pi$$head! :D

How many units do you drink, dont think you said?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Seriously?

That's at least 100units a week! :eek:

And I thought I was a pi$$head! :D

yep for the last 2 years, i'm sure I have missed 2-3 weeks in that period, I am starting to take stock as it is getting pretty expensive.

I think if I stop I would be very high risk of sudden death. I really do believe this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

Are you Lexus?

Lexus the car, or lexus from the hardy bucks? either way no im not...

That austrian stuff was just awful, id say it'd power a ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 791 ✭✭✭Shreddingblood

The "I didn't eat breakfast for the fear I wouldn't be able to drink the can" Lexus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 845 ✭✭✭yupyup7up

this baysht of a man 75101_117074785023153_117072381690060_118653_1446580_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

How many units do you drink, dont think you said?

About 60 but I'm trying to cut down!:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

No intention to change that either.

Be some party at your gaff alright!

I've no idea how much I drink, but I'd say it's bad =/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

Usually between zero and three, unless there's a houseparty/something organised for a birthday etc. I just hate losing the best part of the next day to a hangover, as well as losing the money!

It's my boyfriend's birthday this weekend though, so I've already written of Sunday as recovery day :o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Depends on the week, on my best friends week off work anywhere from 50-100, on his week on anywhere up to 60. This week, like 25, and probably won't be out at the weekend because my parents are away so I have to be the dutiful carer.
    Abi wrote: »
    Be some party at your gaff alright!

I've no idea how much I drink, but I'd say it's bad =/

Bad, or great?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭flash1080

Zero, because I'm great.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Bad, or great?

No, its bad bad!

RL problems have me leaning on the sauce too much. I'd prolly give Bestie a run for his money :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Abi wrote: »
    RL problems have me leaning on the sauce too much. I'd prolly give Bestie a run for his money :(

Bet he was a better footballer though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 464 ✭✭Knight who says Meh

Its finally clicked into place. Why the irish are so fond of a bevvy.
    Its not a 'United Ireland' we are struggling to attain... ITS A UNIT-ED IRELAND.
    WE have achieved it.
    Tiocfidh indeed:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

In all fairness what did you expect to see in a nightclub? People reading books and playing monopoly?

Maybe try a ceili next time ;)

Gamey birds like Ciara from the petrol station. ;)

By the way how's that going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Anything between 12 and 20 units, could be twice as much some weeks, could be zero for others.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Tbh, I'm surprised that 0-5 is the most popular answer at the moment! Is this not Ireland?!

I'm a non-drinker and often am the only sober one on nights out, where are all ye other non-drinking Irish coming from all of a sudden? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

sitting at home having a nice cup of tea and looking down their noses at the drunks ;)

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,915 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Mostly zero. I don't not drink alcohol but I'm very rarely inclined to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

only time i drink is when im in a pub....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭SIR PEADO BAILOUT

Nada Zilch Zero ....scary but true..U want to know why..and so I`ll tell you....it all started when I ..to be continued

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

probably 60-70 easy , drink 5-6 nights a week and get proper wasted 2-3 of them ,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭languagenerd

Skerries wrote: »
    sitting at home having a nice cup of tea and looking down their noses at the drunks ;)

Ah now, I'm not looking down my nose at anyone, I don't care what people drink... Maybe the others are, but I doubt it :P. I was just pointing out that it's really weird that the 0-5 is the majority answer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭Blondini

Up until 3 weeks ago about 100 units a week...

Then I realised I was ruining my life and stopped..

True story.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

None, Nil, Nada, Nothing, Zero. T-Total and proud of it. I don't need alcohol to have a great night out.

I despise our drink culture. As someone once said of Temple bar, it's recognisable by the rivers of puke and piss flowing through it of a Saturday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

TheZohan wrote: »
    Drinkers are jokers. I can't understand why people put that crap in their body, they'll die from liver failure or many of the drink related illnesses.

Worst thing is when I'm at a "bus-top" and can smell the alcohol off people, stop breathing near me. Also when I'm in a nightclub there are tons of drunk people around, I didn't pay good money to have drink spilled on me when I paid in to have an aul dance.

They should ban alcohol, it's costing the taxpayer a fortune in healthcare and people are getting killed on the roads from drink-drivers.

Regards,

A smoker.

someone always blames bus-tops...always,always..cant ya leave bus-tops out stuff...oh no..you always have the bus-top on your mind

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,051 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

How many units in a pint ?
    A pint of 5% ?
    Irish units, not the UK ones ?

Advertisement