Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Crufts Breeder UK, Shameful.. Disgusting.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

getz wrote: »
    it was a staffordshire bull terrior,his litter sister won BOB at cruffs,then was stolen at birmingham,

Oh thats awful. My friend shows and breeds staffies and shows them in the UK too. Her pups are by StormBull Solo, have you heard of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

That is a very unimaginative and throwaway statement to make! There are not that many breeds that haven't been around in some shape or form for over 100 years and mostly more than that. In victorian times and throughout history dogs were developed not just for hunting and herding, but also as pets and lapdogs. The aristocracy have been painted with dogs on their laps for hundreds of years.

Also a large number of dogs that are the most popular pets were developed for different types of hunting, herding and general protection.

Yes a lot of these breeds have in more recent years been interfered with by breeders who were interested purely in how the dogs looked and had little interest in their fundamental health and well being and this has done an immense amount of damage to a number of breeds. But just because there are selfish people out there, who by the way would probably have found other ways to exploit and ultimately misuse animals, does not mean that a whole sector of society should be tarnished with the same brush.

We should all be aware and on the lookout for animal cruelty in all sectors of society, even in the animal rescue world there are people who exploit and misuse animals, does this mean all rescuers should be considered evil?
    a lot of the working dog and sporting dog breeds are no longer of any use,but to be a pet or show,if it wasent for the breed lovers who first got together in london ,many of the dogs you see today would no longer be around,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

andreac wrote: »
    Oh thats awful. My friend shows and breeds staffies and shows them in the UK too. Her pups are by StormBull Solo, have you heard of him?
    most of the judges and breeders i knew are either dead or no longer showing,the two big kenel names in my day were scarthwait and alpaka,my staffie was by scarthwait coachman and alpaka daisy doll there is i piture of my new bulldog on the breeders web site, ironore bulldogs,he is the one with the black face in the 2010 litter,

Advertisement