Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

beertons wrote: »
    I'd be happy if they weren't relegated or promoted, and played consistent football.

Disagree.

Even if they get promoted and lose every single game, at least they will know going into Championship 2018 where exactly they are in terms of ability.

Great platform for all these young players breaking in and a few more from the talented minors/Under 21s of the last couple of years to be introduced into next year.
    Might be a baptism of fire for them next Spring. But give me a few games against top opposition rather than one hammering every year by one of the best footballing teams to grace the modern, or even any era so as to finetune some things and gain experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

Aldridge Cup Final

Carbury 0-15 St Laurence's 1-7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Aldridge Cup Final

Carbury 0-15 St Laurence's 1-7

Good win for Carbury. Larries were very poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 why_me

Well done Carbury. Congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Unchanged team for Sunday

• Advertisement

Minor hurlers qualify for the league final after defeating Carlow by 5 points.

That second half performance was probably the worst half of football we have played this winter so to dig out the win after falling behind is encouraging.

Pity about Dan Flynn being gone now for the next few weeks but great to see Ben McCormack off the bench today.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

That second half performance was probably the worst half of football we have played this winter so to dig out the win after falling behind is encouraging.

It's that it now ? Is promotion in the bag ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,061 ✭✭✭✭beertons

An exciting game to listen to on Kfm, it's a good job there were paramedics near the lads.

And Seanie Johnson got Cavan the draw against Kerry. He's still around.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Congratulations on promotion. Easily the best team we've faced this season.
    I'm hoping that you don't drop off too much next week....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Donkeygonads

Well done today lads .... great effort to achieve back to back promotions ! Lets go and test Galway next weekend ....the pain of 98' still hurts!😂

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭roy rodgers

The first 25 minutes of the game we looked very comfortable. I was a bit concerned how clare were so easily to go with a short kick out and get the ball into a scoring position again and again. Our forwards need learn how to defend a bit more maybe.

Over the last 6 games we have notched our self's up a gear from last year and it's definitely exciting times ahead..

I hope going to galway we push them to the limit and hopefully get a result. I don't think kildare have beaten galway in about 30 years so this hump is something we need to get over.
    Galway are playing well again and their u21 are flying too it's gonna be a big task to get a result here but at the moment there doesn't seem to be a whole lot between the two teams at this moment.

I'd be less confident going to Galway if we had something to play for! It's a nothing game for Kildare now with all the pressure on Galway and that might just suit our lads. I can't see wholesale changes. The spine of the team has remained constant throughout the campaign and we don't have a big panel this year anyway.

Good win for the hurlers today in Clane too. Possibly a bit unlucky to miss out considering we drew with Carlow and only lost to Antrim by a point. We should be thereabouts in the Christy Ring again this year.

Guess I was wrong about the wholesale changes! Kildare team for Sunday:

Shane McNamara
    Darren Maguire
    Mark Hyland
    Liam Healy
    Peter Kelly
    Shea Ryan
    Emmet Bolton
    Fionn Dowling
    Paschal Connell
    Eddie Heavey
    Conor Hartley
    Con Kavanagh
    Cathal McNally
    Éamonn Callaghan
    Ben McCormack

McNamara, Maguire, Hyland, Healy, Ryan, Connell, Heavey and Kavanagh all handed their first Kildare start. Bolton seeing his first action this year. Callaghan making his first start this year. Apart from McCormack and maybe Dowling it's hard to see any of these players starting the league final. It would be a good confidence boost if this team proved to be anyway competitive in Galway.

In a sick and twisted way I hope we draw to a last minute Galway point just to p1ss off Meath who need a good win and Galway to slip up to qualify I think

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

I'd be less confident going to Galway if we had something to play for! It's a nothing game for Kildare now with all the pressure on Galway and that might just suit our lads. I can't see wholesale changes. The spine of the team has remained constant throughout the campaign and we don't have a big panel this year anyway.

Good win for the hurlers today in Clane too. Possibly a bit unlucky to miss out considering we drew with Carlow and only lost to Antrim by a point. We should be thereabouts in the Christy Ring again this year.

Hindsight bias and all that but better to play them at full strength in Croke Park final and see where our weaknesses are. While a great campaign so far, the decade long question is how does the team cope with a team that runs at the middle of the defense.

NFL D2:

Galway 0-7 Kildare 0-4 (HT)

Second choice team out for what feels like a challenge game. Dowling has kicked three nice points with McCormack getting the other. McCormack looks lively and probably should have at least 1-3 to his name. Half forward line needs to get into it. Backs are doing alright. Healy and Hyland have been tidy and composed.

NFL D2:

Galway 0-7 Kildare 0-4 (HT)

Second choice team out for what feels like a challenge game. Dowling has kicked three nice points with McCormack getting the other. McCormack looks lively and probably should have at least 1-3 to his name. Half forward line needs to get into it. Backs are doing alright. Healy and Hyland have been tidy and composed.

NFL D2:

Galway 0-14 Kildare 0-13

Kildare can take a bit of encouragement from that display. Lots of new players getting some valuable experience under their belts.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

'sake lads :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭TCDStudent1

NFL D2:

Galway 0-14 Kildare 0-13

Kildare can take a bit of encouragement from that display. Lots of new players getting some valuable experience under their belts.

Galway were damn lucky to win it

That result and performance couldn't be better! Great show from the team changes for the main part and of course...........what us not winning meant in the grand scheme of things!!!

kil11.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Galway were damn lucky to win it

Really? If they were a bit more ruthless they could have had 2 or 3 goals

C8wai8NXkAEuTe8.jpg

Live on TG4, yeah?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

NFL D2:

Good luck on Sunday. We'll be shouting for you anyway.

If you had won the last day would it be vs Meath on Sunday?

Leinster MHC Rd 1:

Kildare 3-17 Carlow 1-15

• Registered Users Posts: 5,252 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Stoner wrote:
    If you had won the last day would it be vs Meath on Sunday?

Aye

• Registered Users Posts: 18,921 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Which means they did the right thing!

Looking forward to this game tomorrow to see how the are shaping up.

I'll be shouting for ye. Hopefully an all Leinster Sunday in the making!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭corny

I have big money on you bastards in a double with Dublin tomorrow. Don't let me down.;)

Good luck.

Advertisement