Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

We're in a great position now. Barring a total disaster we're safe from relegation and have a great chance of finishing in the top two with Cork and Galway losing today. Down seem to be finding their form so a potentially tricky tie ahead in Newry next Saturday week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

We're in a great position now. Barring a total disaster we're safe from relegation and have a great chance of finishing in the top two with Cork and Galway losing today. Down seem to be finding their form so a potentially tricky tie ahead in Newry next Saturday week.

Such a pity re that last minute goal last week. Doesn't take any momentum away nonetheless but would have been great to have that 100% record!

NHL 2A:

Kildare 2-17 Carlow 1-20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

NHL 2A:

Kildare 2-17 Carlow 1-20

Listened to it on kfm. Kicking myself I wasn't there. Solid result nonetheless. Hopefully we can keep improving. If our hurlers got half the funding of the big ball we'do be laughing.

Listened to it on kfm. Kicking myself I wasn't there. Solid result nonetheless. Hopefully we can keep improving. If our hurlers got half the funding of the big ball we'do be laughing.

Minor hurlers beat Offaly in the league yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Neil Flynn had his appendix removed over the weekend. He'll face an uphill battle to play championship this year. Big loss

He'll miss the rest of the league but should be back in plenty of time for the championship. Big loss with McCormack also out.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,809 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

I just remember when Mulhall had it took him ages to get back

I imagine he will be back in full training 4 weeks max, general recovery time for such a procedure, especially for a lad that fit.

Yeah it wasn't a major procedure like Emmet Bolton's was.

Chris Healy has stepped up in McCormack's absence. Someone else has to now.

• Advertisement

McNally in for Flynn.

C7EdZfBXkAEW2Ht.jpg

Hartley in for Healy. Kildare's 3 first choice corner forwards gone.

Dreadful conditions and Down very defensive. Not much sticking in that Kildare forward line so far.

David Slattery on for McNally.

Second goal for the Confey man. Inspired substitution!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,699 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Feely is a class act, he's involved in everything

That pass............!! Watching on Eir Sports 1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Score?

2-09 to 10 points on my stream

71 minutes, 4 to go

• Advertisement

few bruises tomorrow.

Down lowering the blade towards the end but the Kildare players taking no nonsense. Great to see.

Hopefully Doyle is ok for next week. Looked a heavy knock.

Good team performance with Feely supreme throughout.

Dublin still unbeaten . : (

Kerry throw it away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Let's remember it's only the league.

Let's remember it's only the league.

It is the promotion that is important, not winning the league. Breeds confidence.

It's the first time in a good few years that Kildare appear to have found some consistency. We were capable of some good football in flashes under Jason Ryan but there was always a sense that we'd fall apart sooner rather than later. There seems to be more composure about the team this year. Even up in Derry we had managed to wrest back control of that game before the madness in injury time. Losing Healy to go with McCormack and Flynn might have undone us in years gone by and then David Slattery takes his chance tonight.

We are still a fair way off the elite counties but there is evidence of progression which is all we can ask for.

Keogh Cup Final

Monasterevan 1-11 Raheens 1-9

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I'd be happy if they weren't relegated or promoted, and played consistent football.

beertons wrote: »
    I'd be happy if they weren't relegated or promoted, and played consistent football.

Disagree.

Even if they get promoted and lose every single game, at least they will know going into Championship 2018 where exactly they are in terms of ability.

Great platform for all these young players breaking in and a few more from the talented minors/Under 21s of the last couple of years to be introduced into next year.
    Might be a baptism of fire for them next Spring. But give me a few games against top opposition rather than one hammering every year by one of the best footballing teams to grace the modern, or even any era so as to finetune some things and gain experience.

• Advertisement

The ambition has to be to try and bridge the gap between ourselves and the top teams. You won't do that playing Division 2 football in the winter.

Advertisement