Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

CwW662sXAAUEKa9.jpg

CwKqphQWgAAoJKI.jpg

u21FC (B) Semi Final:

Monasterevan 2-12 Raheens 0-08

u21FC (A) Semi Final:

Moorefield 0-12 Clane 0-9

Leinster IHC Quarter Final:

Celbridge 2-20 Raheny (Dublin) 2-15

Leinster IFC Quarter Final:

Round Towers 0-11 O'Dempseys (Laois) 0-9

Leinster JFC Semi Final:

Bracknagh (Offaly) 2-15 Kilcullen 0-8

u21FC (A) Semi Final:

Naas 2-10 Maynooth 0-12

Moorefield v Naas in the final.

• Advertisement

Cw7jUPTWgAE6NIN.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,820 ✭✭✭smelly sock

Cw7jUPTWgAE6NIN.jpg

Very few intermediate players on this and no junior.

Surely there must be players playing at those grades who deserve a shot.

Or are the management only attending senior club games and dismissing the lower grades.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,062 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Too many dinosaurs above, a bad sneeze and one could be out for a month.

beertons wrote: »

I wouldn't have been as blunt about!!

I expected more new blood. Bring lads in and see if they can develop.

Suncroft have a young corner forward ,Lawless. With more coaching at that level he could be an addition.

kilcock have the like of David Duke and Shane O'Rourke.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,050 ✭✭✭✭The Talking Bread

Nothing against the current bunch players but these under 21 and minors over last couple of seasons HOPEFULLY coming true in next few years won't come soon enough.

Losing Houlihan is a bit of a blow. I thought he might establish himself in 2017 with the experience of last year under his belt. O'Flaherty has been a dependable servant down the years. It goes to show the demands of the modern game when guys like him are stepping away from it in their late 20s.

Luke Flynn will add some strength and versatility while hopefully his brother and the Cribbins stay injury free. Mick O'Grady is a good player so it's great to see him back involved. It's obvious they are on the lookout for new defenders with Liam Healy, Mark Hyland, Darren Maguire and Eoghan Bateman called up. I would expect Shea Ryan and Mikey Kelly to get an invite once their club seasons are over.

Chris Healy was in sparkling form for Two Mile House this year and he could become a good option in the forward line. Ben McCormack and Ray Cahill should be in once Sarsfields finish up and possibly Matthew Kelly from Round Towers. Sean Hurley could be an exciting addition if they can get his hip fixed up.

Towers beaten by the St Colmcille's of Meath.

Sarsfields away to the Louth champions tomorrow afternoon.

Leinster SFC Quarter Final:

Sean O'Mahony's (Louth) 1-8 Sarsfields 0-8

Kildare football is not in a good place.

Leinster SFC Quarter Final:

Sean O'Mahony's (Louth) 1-8 Sarsfields 0-8

Kildare football is not in a good place.

That fact will be just glossed over.

I wonder did Sarsfields underestimate their opponentsa little.

Gary White sent off for a headbutt.

I have been hearing about minors and u21's for the last 10 years. None of them ever seem to make much differ though.

I have been hearing about minors and u21's for the last 10 years. None of them ever seem to make much differ though.

Meh, I think the next few years there will be some great talent coming through. I know it is a big transition but if the County Board gets itself in shape and ensures management make that transition well, we will be in a better state within 3 or 4 years.

Dublin will dominate still but there is better possibility to challenge them and to be fair, Dublin will dominate most, if not all counties for a while if they keep progressing.
    The McGeeney era didn't help with any transition of youth either as he targetted a certain type of player. So we missed out on a lot of talent there.

Just from listening to Ger McNally they only switched on once Chalky was sent off but they had left themselves too much to do. I don't think they would have been good enough to beat Rhode anyway.

Sarsfields were desperately unlucky against Portlaoise last year after Steven Lawlor was unfairly dismissed. On this year's form they have gone backwards a bit. Some good lads missing like Sean Campbell, Matty Byrne and Alan Scully and probably a few more younger lads who might have bought into the hype surrounding them. Hopefully it's a lesson learned for the likes of McCormack, Kavanagh, Hartley and Ryan.

Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Cut all the lads over 27, thank them for their time, and start injecting youth into the team. Fresher legs, more adventurous ideas. We might get a few scalps, but won't they be getting game time and experience.

And all that nonsense about the votes when mcgeeney was booted out. There should be no more than 7 or 9 people on a board, who have the voting capability.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

All roads lead to Tullamore on 3rd of June so

• Advertisement

Mikey Kelly, Jamie Flynn, Shea Ryan, Conor Hartley, Con Kavanagh and Ben McCormack have been added to the Kildare panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,807 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Under 21 B semi final:

St Laurences 0-9 Towers 0-6

Monasterevin await in the final

Leinster IHC Semi Final:

Bray Emmets (Wicklow) 0-13 Celbridge 0-15

Celbridge played the second half with 14 men after Fergal Conway was sent off. They will be looking to make it third time lucky in the Leinster Final after losing out to Dicksboro in 2010 and Mount Leinster Rangers in 2011.

beertons wrote: »
    Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Cut all the lads over 27, thank them for their time, and start injecting youth into the team. Fresher legs, more adventurous ideas. We might get a few scalps, but won't they be getting game time and experience.

And all that nonsense about the votes when mcgeeney was booted out. There should be no more than 7 or 9 people on a board, who have the voting capability.

Clubs deserve their say though. Not that it has improved but mcgeeney didnt give a toss about kildare club football. Its with the clubs that these lads are reared. Some of the young lads who head off to the states or go on holidays after the county are knocked out should show their clubs more respect. Neil flynn and ollie lyons.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Clubs deserve their say though. Not that it has improved but mcgeeney didnt give a toss about kildare club football. Its with the clubs that these lads are reared. Some of the young lads who head off to the states or go on holidays after the county are knocked out should show their clubs more respect. Neil flynn and ollie lyons.

Unfair to target Flynn for going to States. Plenty of intercounty and club players do the same. His club hold him in the highest regard, and not just because of his footballing ability.

When i was playing, one of our best players went States side for the Summer. We were a serious contender for our championship. I didn't hear one player moan about him going or lament him being away. You get on with it. Plenty of players take time away from a team for multiple reasons.

Harsh. Quite petty, actually. Put yourself in their shoes perhaps.

Harsh. Quite petty, actually. Put yourself in their shoes perhaps.

So stick around and play for kildare. Minute they are out leave the club to it and head off. Could these lads not wait until the club are out to head off. States etc will still be there.

So stick around and play for kildare. Minute they are out leave the club to it and head off. Could these lads not wait until the club are out to head off. States etc will still be there.

I don;t know. Perhaps they couldn't? They have life outside kicking a ball for free also.

I don;t know. Perhaps they couldn't? They have life outside kicking a ball for free also.

Ah ok. So for the money. I see.

Possibly not the correct forum but sometimes bs needs to be called as bs.

• Advertisement

Ah ok. So for the money. I see.

Possibly not the correct forum but sometimes bs needs to be called as bs.

They have college or work commitments? That is essentially what I mean. How many times have they done this?

Advertisement