Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Losing Drive/ Cutting Out While Driving

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

P1665 - Fuel injection pump control module, ECM or wiring

P0335 - ECM, crankshaft position sensor, or wiring

As for the first code I'd say thats just a 'phantom' code.

I'd test all the wirings, can he get a wiring diagram. Test the wires that go from the module on the pump back to the instrument panel. I think there could be a communications error between the both.

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭ford jedi

think your problem is the wires from the cht rubbing against the power steering belt tensioner if you loook down on the power steering pulley you will see the heavy red wire and two other wires ,, make sure they are not earthing against the allumimum tensioner ..;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

@Ford jedi, is the immobiliser in the instrument panel in these Mondeos?

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Thanks guys. All stuff to pass on. My head is truly melted at this stage.
    CHT Jedi?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tombones

I got the same problem in a '98 suzuki swift. Its headwrecking. Any progress ever made on this issue? I'm guessing you scrapped it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Vinny-Chase

Tombones wrote: »
    I got the same problem in a '98 suzuki swift. Its headwrecking. Any progress ever made on this issue? I'm guessing you scrapped it.

There was a lose or frayed wire near the fuel pump I think. It was definitely something to do with the fuel pump or intake. A wire that had been pinched or something.

Advertisement