Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manowar to tour Ireland & Uk!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Includes a CD, though :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

blastman wrote: »
    Includes a CD, though :D

Which one? Battle Hymns? I have that already :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Tazz T wrote: »
    Ticket are on sale on Metal Hammer. Works out at €65 - eek!

I'm out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Tazz T wrote: »
    Ticket are on sale on Metal Hammer. Works out at €65 - eek!

Feck that then.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭RayCon

€65 :eek: .... for a load of ego's in furry jocks singing Spinal Tap tunes .. are you ****in kidding me ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Lads that 65 euro is for a presale tickets deal with Metal Hammer which includes Battle Hymns and a 25th anniversary edition of Metal Hammer, general sale tickets will be cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Testament1 wrote: »
    Lads that 65 euro is for a presale tickets deal with Metal Hammer which includes Battle Hymns and a 25th anniversary edition of Metal Hammer, general sale tickets will be cheaper.

It's fairly laughable that they're forcing people to buy their "new" album, especially since the type of people that would go for the presale tickets would be hardcore fans that would more than likely already have it.

It's fairly laughable that they're forcing people to buy their "new" album, especially since the type of people that would go for the presale tickets would be hardcore fans that would more than likely already have it.

Its a package deal they have with Metal Hammer for the presale. Nobody is being forced to buy anything, people can just wait for the general sale if they dont want that deal.

I am coming from the standpoint that i've paid £43 to see them in Birmingham + Hotel for 2 nights + flights + plus the hassle of losing my wallet on the way back.

All that and they are going to play the same album in full a few months later after the Brum date being advertised as the "only Manowar live gig of 2011".

You can forgive me if my tolerance of Joey's BS is a little low.

I'll decide when the normal (but still extremely expensive) tickets go on sale but i'm not hugely enthusiastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Anything else known about other prices ?
    Checked yesterday and the only ones I could find are still the €65 ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Anything else known about other prices ?
    Checked yesterday and the only ones I could find are still the €65 ones.

€51.65 on ticketmaster today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

yknaa wrote: »
    €51.65 on ticketmaster today.

I thought that included booking fee, but nay. MCD have listed the price at €47.

Still too high for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

I thought that included booking fee, but nay. MCD have listed the price at €47.

Still too high for me.

Yup- expensive ok. Hard to see value when compared against €49 for Priest, Megadeth and Testament. However compare it against 10 pints on a Friday-Sat night and it doesn't look too bad. :D

€57.75 when you add service charge .... for that money you can see Warrior Soul (€20.65) and Y&T (€26) and still have €11 for a few pints !

I know where I'll spend my cash ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Got my ticket last night. Once my baby arrives on time I should be able to go to the gig - been having serious talks with my bump so that we're on the same page! :)
    Yeah it's expensive, but I've never seen them before, so don't really mind. Get to cross them & Rammstein off my list of bands to see within 5 months of each other.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Yeah, I would have preferred if it was a bit cheaper. But I'd really love to see them, so I'm just gonna go and hope the show is worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Same here, willing to pay that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

it is expensive, but then they have all that PA to lug in.
    they will probably have a pa fit for croker crammed into the academy

Oral slang the thunder of the mighty gods of metal may induce you at the gig and perhaps the first thing he/she sees will be the great Joey De Maio welcoming him/her into the world

i'm sure he's delivered thousands!

....no ....that would be created thousands;)

The sound quality was good in Birmingham.

It wasn't particularly loud at all though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

Morf wrote: »

:eek:

WHAT!

..emails joey.....WTF?

• Advertisement

I've bought my ticket.

They tend to go for good sound quality though don't they?

I'd definitely prefer to be able to hear everything clearly than it being ridiculously loud. Should be a good gig

It wasn't even particularly loud though.

It wasn't even particularly loud though.

All Men Play On Seven (with ear plugs) ;)

RayCon wrote: »
    All Men Play On Seven (with ear plugs) ;)

You wouldn't need earplugs. That was part of the problem.

No danger to your long-term hearing here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jennz1907

right this is going to sound absolutely stupid, but i think i just got a phone call from karl logan. non of my friends like manowar, thats why i am going on my own and non of them not even my boyfriend of 6 years knows that one of the band members is called karl logan and non of them have an american accent.
    i just got a call from a dude saying he was karl logan and that they are ringing manowar fans who bought tickets on the presale for dublin, he appreciates that i was spending money and that i am supporting the band. i had a bit of small talk with him and then he said thanks again and hung up. really dont know what to think. did anybody else get a weird phone call? i am not making this up, i am just absolutely baffled.

The gig in the Academy is now sold out according to MCDs facebook page. I still hadnt gotten around to picking up a ticket so I'm pretty disappointed to be honest :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

gettin a ticèad. Black Market I don't care

close quarters the Academy will they have their tops off and be oiled up, raising their hammers? I'll just stand at the back then

Shít I haven't gotten a ticket yet. If anyone knows anyone selling one PM me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

Into The Void may still have some.

Advertisement