Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Manowar to tour Ireland & Uk!

Options
  • 20-07-2011 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

http://sidesixx.com/news/1980-manowar-to-tour-ireland-and-u-k/

Feckin chuffed with this. Date to be announced tomorrow, but I think it's gonna be in November. Will post it in the gigs section when the details are confirmed, but I reckon there'll be a lot of happy people with this news.

Manowar & Rammstein are the only bands I've liked for years, that I've left to see & by Feb I'll have seen both all going well!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I saw them in Birmingham. Good gig.

Will probably head to a Dublin date and possibly a London one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

“After 16 years, MANOWAR will return to the U.K. — I mean, the whole of the U.K.: England, Scotland, Ireland, North Ireland and Wales. The ‘Battle Hymns’ 2011 U.K. tour will feature MANOWAR performing the entire ‘Battle Hymns’ record plus classic metal hymns that you’ve come to know. The exact tour dates and pre-sale information is coming this Thursday July 21”. - Joey DeMaio

Gotta love it!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Two dates in Ireland, by the sound of it (Dublin/Belfast presumably)?

Where did I leave my furry loincloth? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

That is deadly! I only started getting into them a year or two ago. Cannot wait for this gig, it'll be f*ckin epic I'd say.

Cheers for the info!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

made my day op, made my day!:D

WARNING! it will be louder than hell and your ears may bleed afterwards!

if you are short on time go to 5:40 for quality control joey style!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

'Battle Hymns'? Complete? Amazing stuff, I guess, I will be around :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I think I just jizzed my pants a little.

Again, because I read it before on another site :D

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

and playing the academy so nice and small :)
    think its the 6th nov

Only the Ross the Boss stuff is fantastic.

The David Shankle stuff is good.

Karl Logan stuff is piss poor.

I'll take an extended toilet break during Karl's solo, possibly Joey's solo and the needless speech.

The RTB tracks will be ****ing amazing though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Lars1916 wrote: »
    'Battle Hymns'? Complete? Amazing stuff, I guess, I will be around :D

haha great stuff, Battle Hymns is a deadly album

• Advertisement

I'd prefer Sign Of The Hammer to be honest.

Morf wrote: »
    I'd prefer Sign Of The Hammer to be honest.

The reason for the choice of Battle Hymns is that they are re-releasing Battle Hymns with modern day technology, as the version you can still buy is still the same sound as in 1984.

http://www.manowar.com/news_body.php?idnews=486
    Finally, technology has caught up with MANOWAR's custom-built touring and recording equipment. The band decided that their fans deserved to hear the songs from their debut album Battle Hymns with the massive sound and production that has become their signature over recent years and records.

Due for release at the end of November 2010, Battle Hymns will soon be available with the unbridled power of today's technology: Battle Hymns 2011.

With the decision to reinterpret the music came the need to revisit the famed narration of the legendary Orson Welles. There was only one obvious choice and that was Sir Christopher Lee. Recorded at the famed Abbey Road Studios in London, his own inspired interpretation of the late, great Orson Welles on "Dark Avenger" will be another jewel in the crown of the Kings Of Metal.

MANOWAR Bassist and Producer Joey DeMaio stated: "My personal admiration for Sir Christopher began many years ago while watching his films. It increased when I was honored to produce him as a singer and as a narrator and we became friends instantly. Immediately after hearing the sheer power and range of his voice I thought I should write a narration; I never imagined we would ever rerecord Battle Hymns - but here we are and it is massive."

Battle Hymns 2011 will feature two never released before live versions of "Death Tone" and "Fast Taker" recorded during the band's very first concerts in 1982. These are the rarest bonus materials ever released to date in MANOWAR's career.

"Our fans can be sure that we have squeezed every drop of power into Battle Hymns 2011 that today's technology allows", says vocalist Eric Adams.

MANOWAR is poised to prove that both the band and the immortal Battle Hymns record are indeed "Born To Live Forevermore".

Battle Hymns 2011 - a new chapter in Heavy Metal history

Track List:
    Death Tone
    Metal Daze
    Fast Taker
    Shell Shock
    Manowar
    Dark Avenger
    William's Tale
    Battle Hymn

Bonus Tracks:
    Death Tone - Live
    Fast Taker - Live

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    The reason for the choice of Battle Hymns is that they are re-releasing Battle Hymns with modern day technology, as the version you can still buy is still the same sound as in 1984.

Original drummer Donnie Hamzik is back in the band as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Nice one. Would i be right saying manowar have never played in ireland before?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Fi H wrote: »
    and playing the academy so nice and small :)
    think its the 6th nov

Any confirmation on the date yet? Was hoping it'd be late November, as I'm due a baby on the 18th of October, so if I go late, the baby might only be a week old!! Will go mad if I have to miss them, here's hoping I go a week or two early so!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭NIBBS

Oral Slang wrote: »
    Any confirmation on the date yet? Was hoping it'd be late November, as I'm due a baby on the 18th of October, so if I go late, the baby might only be a week old!! Will go mad if I have to miss them, here's hoping I go a week or two early so!

hey Slang - first off congrats :-)

it's in Nov don't know if it's early or late, Metal Hammer have the official Announcement for the Dates, so I'm assuming it's this afternoon, nothing on MCD this morning anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Fi H

humm i think its 6th or 9th - sorry having dsyxleic moment!
    definitely earlier rather than later november.

Academy Dublin November 9th
    Mandela Hall Belfast November 10th

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Jelle1880 wrote: »

I know, i've heard it, it's crap. It has Karl soloing on it too which ruins it (one of many things actually).

I know why they are touring playing all of Battle Hymns. I heard it when they played Birmingham.

I would rather hear Sign Of The Hammer played in full though.

• Advertisement

blastman wrote: »
    Academy Dublin November 9th
    Mandela Hall Belfast November 10th

A bit better, but not much. Definitely need to get things moving for this. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,144 ✭✭✭peter1892

Nice one. Would i be right saying manowar have never played in ireland before?

I think they played here around 1986, possibly in the SFX. Not definite about that though...

Morf wrote: »
    I know, i've heard it, it's crap. It has Karl soloing on it too which ruins it (one of many things actually).

I know why they are touring playing all of Battle Hymns. I heard it when they played Birmingham.

I would rather hear Sign Of The Hammer played in full though.

Ah ok, nevermind.
    Yeah, Sign of the Hammer is a better album.
    Battle Hymns is also very short.

peter1892 wrote: »
    I think they played here around 1986, possibly in the SFX. Not definite about that though...

Not sure of the year, but it was in the SFX.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭slavetothegrind

88 i am almost sure, was there and was around leaving cert time i think?
    am confuddled with age!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Testament1

Cant wait for this, I've wanted to see Manowar for a long time now. Should be a class gig but hopefully Joey doesnt get to talk much! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Great news, Battle Hymns used to be one of my favourite albums too.

I wonder will we hear Hail to England?

• Registered Users Posts: 805 ✭✭✭metzengerstein

anyone know when tickets will go on sale ,i know the presale is on today

Nothing yet on Ticketb@stard or MCD...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Tazz T

Ticket are on sale on Metal Hammer. Works out at €65 - eek!

Advertisement