Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dynamo - Magician Impossible

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 curiousdada

He is an amazing magician. We all watch movies, knowing them not to be true, did we question how superman flew ? no . it just doesn't matter. we all enjoy watching something that you don't see everyday.
    If you don't believe that he is any good, there's a way to ease your pain. take out your remote control, there's a button on the top, usually in red, with a circle and a line through it. its magic, press it & the telly turns off. wow !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Yes, but Christopher Reeves wasnt trying to make us believe he could fly, he was an actor. Which is all dynamo is, an average magician, with a huge budget, and lots of other actors around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

Just watched this show.... It's great.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 rflag

Mrs and myself have seen a couple of his tv shows, --and have to say we thoroughly enjoyed them.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

I see Chriss Angel has issued a "challenge" to Dynamo for "stealing" his effects.

LOL - turns out a few of Angel's consultants got hired by Dynamo.

• Advertisement

someone we know is also working as a consultant, assures me there are no stooges this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

yes, he's copying you....actors and stooges and all

From what I've seen from him outside of "Magician Impossible", he's a decent close-up magician, would I be right in saying that?

I don't understand why he would bother with all of the fakery when he has clearly put in some level of effort to become proficient at sleight of hand. Maybe he's getting bad advice from people around him or maybe he's just plain unimaginative?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

I remember watching his tv show a while ago and some of the stuff is good.
    But the majority of his tricks are really sloppily edited.
    One of the tricks that was blindingly obvious was when he was in a bar and got a girls ring to "magically" go onto the stem of a wine glass. I couldn't believe how badly it was done. You can clearly see him put the glass behind his back while a guy walks behind him and switches the glasses. They made no attempt at hiding it and it was just very amateur.
    I can't find the clip on YouTube at the minute but if I find it ill put it up.

• Advertisement

caught repeat of the end of season two last night. less stooging and back to traditional magic effects. still a very annoying show and lots of choice editing, but less reprehensible than season 1. Although i was particularily annoyed by the laying on thick of the cancer unit stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭General General

maccored wrote: »
    I think there should be a distinct difference between a good illusion and downright fakery. If a man proports to put a phone into a bottle, but it ends up really being him throwning the phone into the inside of his jacket, whilst the phone and bottle and then staged for refilming, then I take that as fakery. Its as magic as an average hollywood movie.

Watch where the phone goes ...

0:11 - 0:12

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

Magic on streets is more tempting and attractive comparing to people performing on stages.

Advertisement