Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The David Harvey Show on 4FM

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭Mykola

Proview wrote: »
    It seems your mad conspiracy theory was wrong and Harvey was away doing private work and is back doing the show since last month...... God you really were so far off the mark on that and you were so sure you knew it all....... Maybe you should rethink your theories on Irish Radio and your future in it, that is indeed if anybody would give you a job in it because after all you have practically told every station that you know better than they do about how to run their ship...... It's quiet odd that you come across as having some semblance of intelligence and knowledge of the industry but yet you get it so wrong every time:-):-).........give us your next prediction , as I could do with ap good laugh.

What kind of retarded radio station would replace a talk show with wall to wall music for several months because the the host was away doing "private work"?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

It seems your mad conspiracy theory was wrong and Harvey was away doing private work and is back doing the show since last month...... God you really were so far off the mark on that and you were so sure you knew it all....... Maybe you should rethink your theories on Irish Radio and your future in it, that is indeed if anybody would give you a job in it because after all you have practically told every station that you know better than they do about how to run their ship...... It's quiet odd that you come across as having some semblance of intelligence and knowledge of the industry but yet you get it so wrong every time:-):-).........give us your next prediction , as I could do with a good laugh.

You seem more interested in attacking my views on radio than dealing with issues I raise regarding 4fm's abject failure to make an impression in Dublin. How can I have a semblance of intelligence while simultaneously getting everything wrong? My prediction stands, without Dublin, 4 is on life support. The only other station who would have the audacity to allow one of their presenters time off for the reason given is lyric in the context of gaybo, and believe me Harvey is no gay byrne. 4fm need to deliver a consistent product, giving Harvey time off in the manner they did robs a station of consistency and cheats the listener. A case in point is 98fm, dermot and dave were almost number one in breakfast then they moved to drive and the station is still adjusting because listeners detest disruption. 4fm need to consolidate what they have beyond their current fragility in dublin rather than indulge individual presenters by allowing them go on sabbatical.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

heybaby wrote: »
    You seem more interested in attacking my views on radio than dealing with issues I raise regarding 4fm's abject failure to make an impression in Dublin. How can I have a semblance of intelligence while simultaneously getting everything wrong? My prediction stands, without Dublin, 4 is on life support. The only other station who would have the audacity to allow one of their presenters time off for the reason given is lyric in the context of gaybo, and believe me Harvey is no gay byrne. 4fm need to deliver a consistent product, giving Harvey time off in the manner they did robs a station of consistency and cheats the listener. A case in point is 98fm, dermot and dave were almost number one in breakfast then they moved to drive and the station is still adjusting because listeners detest disruption. 4fm need to consolidate what they have beyond their current fragility in dublin rather than indulge individual presenters by allowing them go on sabbatical.

She puts across a good argument

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Travismccoy

You seem more interested in attacking my views on radio

I'm afraid you may have to get used to that now that the secret is out Heybaby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

What secret? What did I miss?

• Advertisement

It seems your mad conspiracy theory was wrong and Harvey was away doing private work and is back doing the show since last month...... God you really were so far off the mark on that and you were so sure you knew it all....... Maybe you should rethink your theories on Irish Radio and your future in it, that is indeed if anybody would give you a job in it because after all you have practically told every station that you know better than they do about how to run their ship...... It's quiet odd that you come across as having some semblance of intelligence and knowledge of the industry but yet you get it so wrong every time:-):-).........give us your next prediction , as I could do with a good laugh.

58 posts to date Proview, 38 of which are 4FM related ...

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

I attacked his/her views because they are so negative towards everything radio related, to the point of becoming bitter.

Hey baby I have made no secret of the fact that I defend 4fm from vindictive people like you. ............ What's your point .......David Harvey is a professional and you have a pop at him as well ....what is wrong with you?

I attacked his/her views because they are so negative towards everything radio related, to the point of becoming bitter.

Hey baby I have made no secret of the fact that I defend 4fm from vindictive people like you. ............ What's your point .......David Harvey is a professional and you have a pop at him as well ....what is wrong with you?

I didnt realise you took such an avid interest in what I have to say. My interest doesnt merely extend to one radio station and primarily one show, namely the Niall Boylan show, which the majority of your posts actually refer to. Harvey's been in the business a long time, that doesnt mean to say he's particularly good or that I should automatically be a fan, by thats my opinion. You seem hung up on my being negative, you clearly ignored the positive posts I've made about Matt cooper, Jonathan Healy, Gay Byrne,phil cawley, Dermot and Dave, the improving Louise Duffy, the necessity to have more women on air etc etc This is a radio related forum which allows contributors to offer opinons, be they of a positive or negative disposition, at no point are my opinions meant to offend or be construed as fact, they are only my opinion.

To use the word 'vindictive', is a tad OTT , and to ask me whats wrong with me, purely because I dont share your opinions on radio matters is also more than a tad OTT.

the improving Louise Duffy

Hilarious. Tell us, Heybaby, when will you improve (and present from a studio when it's daylight outside)? Maybe then you could pass judgement on Louise.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

Hilarious. Tell us, Heybaby, when will you improve (and present from a studio when it's daylight outside)? Maybe then you could pass judgement on Louise.

Well said and about time he/she was put in his/her place........maybe he/she is a vampire/vampiress ..........I feel a song coming on there Travis just can't remember the first line but the last one is "let's face the music and dance" ......

• Advertisement

Spare me Sherlock

Spare me Sherlock

Your smart replies carry a lot less weight now Heybaby, sorry :pac:

Anyway let the 4FM bashing continue I suppose... "Life support", wasn't it? Yawn. :rolleyes:

On a serious note, do 4FM need this show now with the talk output at night?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

guys and girls can we get back to the topic at hand. No matter who you are on this forum programme director, radio presenter, or just plain old plain radio critic, please do not get into the 'we know who you are business'.

The forum rules are quite clear on this matter

Please continue with the discussion on the David Harvey Show and leave the rest for another forum.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

A listener issued a complaint about alleged racist comments made on The David Harvey Show and 4FM generally. In her complaint, Ms Murphy stated the comments expressed were clearly offensive, cruel and had a negative impact.
    The complainant claims that it is the view of many people that Classic Hits 4FM is becoming a platform for people to articulate their racist views towards African People and members of the Traveller Community under the pretence of refugee/asylum, welfare and unemployment issues
    The BAI upheld her complaint that 4fm did broadcast racist statements and treated African callers differently.
    http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/201310_October2013_vFinal.pdf
    I remember listening to one of the shows with an African caller, and thought Harvey had balls to interrogate a caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

snubbleste wrote: »
    A listener issued a complaint about alleged racist comments made on The David Harvey Show and 4FM generally. In her complaint, Ms Murphy stated the comments expressed were clearly offensive, cruel and had a negative impact.
    The complainant claims that it is the view of many people that Classic Hits 4FM is becoming a platform for people to articulate their racist views towards African People and members of the Traveller Community under the pretence of refugee/asylum, welfare and unemployment issues
    The BAI upheld her complaint that 4fm did broadcast racist statements and treated African callers differently.
    http://www.bai.ie/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/201310_October2013_vFinal.pdf
    I remember listening to one of the shows with an African caller, and thought Harvey had balls to interrogate a caller.

Yes, they upheld the complaint, but they did NOT agree with the particular part that you quoted (about 4FM becoming a platform for racism). You should look at it in more detail.
    http://radionation.ie/2013/10/complaint-upheld-4fms-harvey/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

I was quoting the complainant in the BAI report. Read my post carefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

snubbleste wrote: »
    I was quoting the complainant in the BAI report. Read my post carefully.

Not quite. You were specifically and selectively quoting the part of what the complainant said that the complaints committee directly disagreed with.
    The Committee did not agree with the complainant that the programme in question was evidence of a systematic failure on the part of 4FM to meet its requirements under the Broadcasting Act or that 4FM is responsible on an ongoing basis for facilitating and encouraging discrimination or hatred towards minority groups. The Committee did not conclude that the moderation of the programme and the contribution by the presenter constituted racism.

Yes, the complaints committee agreed that racist comments were made on the show and that the station didn't keep the show balanced enough, however they did NOT agree that the station were, purposefully or otherwise, becoming a platform for racists - which is the part you quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

I was going through the radio stations a few days ago when I heard right-winger David Harvey back on his racist yakety-yak show.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

Worztron wrote: »
    I was going through the radio stations a few days ago when I heard right-winger David Harvey back on his racist yakety-yak show.

What station?

MrMac84 wrote: »
    What station?

4FM. Maybe I heard a clip from an old show as I don't see Harvey on the 4FM website.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭real rocker

4FM. Maybe I heard a clip from an old show as I don't see Harvey on the 4FM website.

He was filling in for Boylan who was on leave I understand.

Hes back again?? Thats very very strange!

I don't know who is more unbearable, Boylan or Harvey.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Radio Freak

I don't know who is more unbearable, Boylan or Harvey.

They are both terrible in different ways. Their nauseating voices pierce through my ears so I don't listen to either of them anymore even if Harvey was filling in for Boylan. I switched over to Newstalk a long time ago and I've stayed there. At least Newstalk don't have Jeremy Kyle style shows.

Advertisement