Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The David Harvey Show on 4FM

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

the Harvey show is aimed at cnuts who find The Sun too intellectually challenging.

Ain't that the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭bossdrum

Anyone know why the show isn't on today?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 koconnell

Scrapped apparently... Robbie Fogarty now doing 10 - 2. Unsure if there's any other changes.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

koconnell wrote: »
    Scrapped apparently... Robbie Fogarty now doing 10 - 2. Unsure if there's any other changes.

It was a bad sign when Gerald keane was doing the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 koconnell

Gareth O'Callaghan on now doing CSI from 2pm - 3pm...

Is he on for 5 hours now I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Gareth's on 'til 6. An extended Club Classics then kicks off an hour earlier than before.

http://radionation.ie/2013/05/4fm-drop-david-harvey-show/

So it's now:

0600-1000 Jim McCabe
    1000-1400 Robbie Fogarty
    1400-1800 Gareth O'Callaghan
    1800-2100 Suzanne Kane
    2100-0100 Niall Boylan

• Registered Users Posts: 11,477 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Aw, the David Harvey Casual Racism Hour is no more. </sarc>

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭GSF

The taxi drivers were right in the end! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

I thought Harvey show was doing well.....I never listened tho ALLWAYS switched him off

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Well you obviously weren't listening yesterday, great show about abortion, the issue of the moment, that he handled well, whereas the Harvey show is aimed at cnuts who find The Sun too intellectually challenging.

And the Niall Boylan show is any different ?

Wasn't a huge fan but at least it offered an option to RTE at lunch hour.

4FM is now a far cry from its promised 30% news content

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Cant believe its scrapped only reason why i tuned in. Well i have to find another station to listen too now.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭woysworld

Delighted to hear this news if its true.. Wonder what "Ed" will do now that his daily rant wont be heard over the airways anymore...:):):):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

I'm shocked. Niall Boylan was standing in for David on Friday, and said David would be back on today.

its a very bad move me thinks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭The Pontiac

There's surely a gap in the market for to a talk show between 1-3pm, though? Not much competition to Joe Duffy.

Maybe if they replaced Harvey, and changed the show's format e.g. instead of taking about the same topic for 2 hours, change the subjects as the show progresses.

I didn't mind Harvey myself, but can seemingly a lot of people didn't take to him.

I can't see them making more money from ads with the dross playlist that will replace it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Galway K9

how do people know its scrapped?

I know he was holidays and others were covering for him, but not on at all anymore.

Anyone have a link to an official annoucement?

Galway K9 wrote: »
    how do people know its scrapped?

I know he was holidays and others were covering for him, but not on at all anymore.

Anyone have a link to an official annoucement?

It's been removed from the schedule on the web site, with two programmes extended and one moved to an earlier start time to replace it.

The only 'announcement' was a statement from the station PD, which is quoted here.

Bard wrote: »
    It's been removed from the schedule on the web site, with two programmes extended and one moved to an earlier start time to replace it.

The only 'announcement' was a statement from the station PD, which is quoted here.

ahhhhh, I remember niall working til 1.00am on thurs nigth last, then 1-3 on fri for david (which eh said he would be back on tuesday) and then niall worked again that night.

Thanks for that. Pity, good show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Further proof if it were needed that 4FM continue to be in trouble. Removing Harvey will save them a substantial wage because neither Robbie nor Gareth will get any extra for doing a extra hour each. . The vast majority of people looking for talk radio between 1 and 3 pm would turn to joe duffy rather than 4 fm so Harvey's audience would have been negligible anyway no matter what he did. Financial reasons would have been the main reason for this latest change. Again i'll repeat, 4FM could have 20% share in cork and Limerick, without Dublin where they are on 1% at best, they are doomed, its a question of when the money finally runs out.

• Advertisement

Will they be bought up by the big fella then.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭heybaby

Hootanany wrote: »
    Will they be bought up by the big fella then.

I presume you mean O Brien ? Well he already has a few stinkers in his radio closet including 98 fm and phantom but its unlikely he'd be allowed to buy another in the form of a quasi national from the point of view of competition within the sector in terms of owenership.

heybaby wrote: »
    Removing Harvey will save them a substantial wage because neither Robbie nor Gareth will get any extra for doing a extra hour each.

Gareth isn't doing an extra hour, Suzanne Kane is. Gareth's show just moved to start 1 hour earlier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 281 ✭✭Btr

where does that leave 4FMs news quota? As for the popularity of Harvey's Show, I think JNLRs show otherwise and how much more talking at people can we take on the airwaves around lunchtime. Life is tough for 4, but they're gradually getting there

Just to update on thsi that David Harvey is back on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

Why did it go away and why did it come back?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 RTE Fan

Worztron wrote: »
    Why did it go away and why did it come back?

I'd say the bai made them bring it back, Same thing happened to newstalk a couple of year's ago when they axed their Friday night Irish language program

Super no more "Unfunny Friday's ":D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭Worztron

RTE Fan wrote: »
    I'd say the bai made them bring it back, Same thing happened to newstalk a couple of year's ago when they axed their Friday night Irish language program

I thought it was the BAI that got him off.

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Proview

heybaby wrote: »
    Further proof if it were needed that 4FM continue to be in trouble. Removing Harvey will save them a substantial wage because neither Robbie nor Gareth will get any extra for doing a extra hour each. . The vast majority of people looking for talk radio between 1 and 3 pm would turn to joe duffy rather than 4 fm so Harvey's audience would have been negligible anyway no matter what he did. Financial reasons would have been the main reason for this latest change. Again i'll repeat, 4FM could have 20% share in cork and Limerick, without Dublin where they are on 1% at best, they are doomed, its a question of when the money finally runs out.

It seems your mad conspiracy theory was wrong and Harvey was away doing private work and is back doing the show since last month...... God you really were so far off the mark on that and you were so sure you knew it all....... Maybe you should rethink your theories on Irish Radio and your future in it, that is indeed if anybody would give you a job in it because after all you have practically told every station that you know better than they do about how to run their ship...... It's quiet odd that you come across as having some semblance of intelligence and knowledge of the industry but yet you get it so wrong every time:-):-).........give us your next prediction , as I could do with a good laugh.

Advertisement