Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC set for U.K date.

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭Tones69

Whats the deal with Terry Etim lately?!?! Havent heard anything at all since his loss which must be close on a year ago?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭SDTimeout

Broke a rib this time last year and hasn't been seen since. I think I read recently he's back to full fitness and ready to fight.

Assume they'll give him a fight for this card.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭Richy06

Here's how the card is shaping up right now:

Chris Leben vs. Mark Munoz
    -Thiago Alves vs. Papy Abedi
    -Brad Pickett vs. Renan Barao
    -Anthony Njokuani vs. Paul Taylor
    -Terry Etim vs. Edward Faaloloto
    -Michihiro Omigawa vs. Jason Young
    -Mark Scanlon vs. James Head
    -John Hathaway vs. TBA

It's not too shabby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Njokuani for me is a big seller really hope it's gets officially announced. Would love to see Paul Sass fight again I don't think he's been on a UFC card since 120. Sass actually holds a win over Young too.

Maybe Paul Sass is the same guy I'm thinking of but there's another UK fighter I think. Bald fought on an under card recently enough ( could be up to a year ago ) with a slick ground game. Thought it was something like sous though..

Would love to see McDonald back in action too

Paul Sass vs Michael Johnson on UFC Live card on Oct 1st

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Oh_Noes

Richy06 wrote: »
    Here's how the card is shaping up right now:

Chris Leben vs. Mark Munoz
    -Thiago Alves vs. Papy Abedi
    -Brad Pickett vs. Renan Barao
    -Anthony Njokuani vs. Paul Taylor
    -Terry Etim vs. Edward Faaloloto
    -Michihiro Omigawa vs. Jason Young
    -Mark Scanlon vs. James Head
    -John Hathaway vs. TBA

It's not too shabby!

Tbh that will be very decent for a European card if that's how it shapes up. Jason Young was very fun to watch on his debut and Terry Etim is really the pick of the bunch as far as UK in the UFC fighters IMO. Thiago Alves is a firecracker when he's on form so I'm excited for that one. I've never seen Papy Abedi but he must've been impressive in the past to be fighting Alves on his debut.

Bring it on :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭fightireland

Let's make a twitter/facebook/whatever campaign to get an Irish fighter on the card.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

Let's make a twitter/facebook/whatever campaign to get an Irish fighter on the card.

Very good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,192 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Best best is prob Paul McVeigh seeign as UFC selectors will have seen him.
    But depedns on how the tryouts, it might not be the best chance either

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭ahe316

Anyone thinking of going to this? Went to UFC120 in Ldn last Oct and it was worth the experience, albeit a weak enough card. Without any of the top Brits (Bisping, Hardy, Pearson already committed to fights elsewhere) available for this one I'm not so sure. imho Leben Munoz is a quality co-main but the event is crying out for a big name for the final fight.

Cruz vs Mighty Mouse was announced for a fight night card in the US.

That would have shut up most people had it come over here. Will be a great fight too .

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

SDTimeout wrote: »
    Cruz vs Mighty Mouse was announced for a fight night card in the US.

That would have shut up most people had it come over here. Will be a great fight too .

I didn't get this when I saw it earlier, is it not a bit insulting both to Cruz and euro fans?

Maybe, maybe not. Urijah Faber was a flagship man for many years , he was an established name even when the WEC wasn't merged with the UFC. Cruz on the other hand was not. There was talk that UFC 132 didn't do the best buys considering what a quality card it was. A free fight night with all the highlight on two guys, one the champion who needs to get established and the other a guy who is a deserving challenger and has been on a tear recently.

win win for the ufc. I'm sure Cruz knows all this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I hope he does, I'd like to see him get a lot more money than he is on at the moment, 20K I think? Without bonuses of course.

Advertisement