Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,983 ✭✭✭mystic86

Helix wrote: »
    yup

i'll be fine so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

mystic86 wrote: »
    i'll be fine so.

i wouldnt expect the other formats to be much different. the game itself is also too fiddly. its the exacty opposite to RWC, however this is coming from someone who isnt a fan of rugby. i could enjoy rwc despite the fact thatit wasnt very good, because it was accessible. this one, despite having a tutorial section, seems like it tries to do a little too much. however, rugby fans might well love it

personally it feels far too ps2 for my likings

i wouldnt expect the other formats to be much different. the game itself is also too fiddly. its the exacty opposite to RWC, however this is coming from someone who isnt a fan of rugby. i could enjoy rwc despite the fact thatit wasnt very good, because it was accessible. this one, despite having a tutorial section, seems like it tries to do a little too much. however, rugby fans might well love it

personally it feels far too ps2 for my likings

A: the official forums have some feedbck already about framerate issue, but only on xbox360 noted so far
    B: Did you ship this game to canada even though your not much of a rugby fan? just interested
    C: I have played this game, I very much disagree with your views.

A: the official forums have some feedbck already about framerate issue, but only on xbox360 noted so far
    B: Did you ship this game to canada even though your not much of a rugby fan? just interested
    C: I have played this game, I very much disagree with your views.

a) thats that sorted then so
    b) im a video game journalist
    c) youre entitled to, however im entitled to think its garbage

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Care to do a write up then would like to hear the features you didn't like.

• Advertisement

a) thats that sorted then so
    b) im a video game journalist
    c) youre entitled to, however im entitled to think its garbage

a) no it isn't a definate
    b) cool
    c) agreed

Stev_o wrote: »
    Care to do a write up then would like to hear the features you didn't like.

if i get round to it ill stick a review up here yeah. loads of stuff to get through at the minute so itll be later in the week if at all

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

I got the game this morning in the post from NZ. Im a massive rugby fan and i think its class! Alot more realistic than RWC11. It is also alot harder and not a game that you can just pick up and be amazing at straight away. I haven't noticed many bugs that have been reported by others yet and I heard that the frame rate issues and many more were being sorted in an upcoming patch.

ktulu123 wrote: »
    I got the game this morning in the post from NZ. Im a massive rugby fan and i think its class! Alot more realistic than RWC11. It is also alot harder and not a game that you can just pick up and be amazing at straight away. I haven't noticed many bugs that have been reported by others yet and I heard that the frame rate issues and many more were being sorted in an upcoming patch.

for ps3?? wanna gimme a lend?? :):)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Sorry mate, got it on Xbox! I'll send that over to ya too if ya want? :)

• Advertisement

just got this game...woop!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

just got this game...woop!! :)

:eek: didn't think it was out until next month.

Burgo wrote: »
    :eek: didn't think it was out until next month.

ya i got it from nz

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

ya i got it from nz

ah I see :( lucky fecker :P

I apologize in advance for my crappy play!!

bad defense by me at 2:20 and bad play at 6:00 :(

playing on normal difficulty on my first day which is prob too hard for me (normal is the middle difficulty setting of 5, the default setting is second easiest setting)

lineout at 5:20 - i didnt look at what i was doing, i got distracted. honestly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭purpleblaa

The reviews don't look great, but I really want this game. Is it worth buying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ha! Flannery is a feckin speedster!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Any word on the release date over here yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,186 ✭✭✭kensutz

purpleblaa wrote: »

Are you mixing it up with Rugby World Cup?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭Jackobyte

kensutz wrote: »
    purpleblaa wrote: »

Are you mixing it up with Rugby World Cup?
    Reviews for both games are pretty poor. This one is just the better of a poor bunch.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    Reviews for both games are pretty poor. This one is just the better of a poor bunch.

if you look here:
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/rugby-world-cup-2011

you will see rwc 2011 is averaging 50% after 6 reviews

if you see here:
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/rugby-challenge

you will see Rugby Challenge is averaging 71% after 4 reviews.

I have seen 7 reviews for Rugby challenge and the average score from those is 75%.

Keep an eye here for reviews of RC:
    http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthread.php?45457-All-published-reviews-collected-here

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Jofspring

Will it be easy to transfer players to different teams I.e Buckley and Tuitupo to Sale and bring in any new signings.

Jofspring wrote: »
    Will it be easy to transfer players to different teams I.e Buckley and Tuitupo to Sale and bring in any new signings.

its very easy to transfer players.

if you look here:
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/rugby-world-cup-2011

you will see rwc 2011 is averaging 50% after 6 reviews

if you see here:
    http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/rugby-challenge

you will see Rugby Challenge is averaging 71% after 4 reviews.

I have seen 7 reviews for Rugby challenge and the average score from those is 75%.

Keep an eye here for reviews of RC:
    http://forums.sidhe.co.nz/showthread.php?45457-All-published-reviews-collected-here
    I would rank 71% as a poor review. As I said, review have it better than RWC, but still not great.

Jackobyte wrote: »
    I would rank 71% as a poor review. As I said, review have it better than RWC, but still not great.

i wouldn't say poor.

plus i have this game and it isn't poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭he man rugger

Where could one go about ordering this from the Southern Hemisphere do people know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Where could one go about ordering this from the Southern Hemisphere do people know?

Should be with us in a couple of weeks, Oct 7th is down as release date for it.

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    Should be with us in a couple of weeks, Oct 7th is down as release date for it.
    I wouldn't be holding your breath on that. Reps on twitter said anywhere up to 23rd October.

Advertisement