Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog in an Apartment.

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭daisyscience

If your considering a puppy, theres no way that it could hold in the need to pee/poo for that long so they will never be able to understand why they are not allowed to go in the house wether you are or aren't there, bad habits from the start. You will never be able to housetrain it!!! getting an older dog might solve this but if it is already house trained then it will feel the need to hold any business in for the whole day which is kinda cruel. Could you hold it in for 8+ hours?

Its not like they can surf the net or read a book, it wil be very bored and so most likely destuctive.

You will need to take any dog for long walks before you go to work and another straight away when you come home, don't lie to yourself, you will have to do it and dont assume that anybody else will take the responsability.

I have a collie cross, i love her, shes brilliant and doesnt require much exercise but realy needs company (and loves playing in the garden). My mom has 2 bichon crosses and one of them doesnt seem to need much exercise at all but like an early poster said, getting a mixed breed dog means you can never be certain which personalities are going to come out. One of her bichon crosses is supposed to be low energy but she needs more exercise than my collie cross. If either dog is left on their own they go mental!!! Dogs are pack animals.

Why dont you contact the local dog charities and see if there are any suitable dogs that need to be fostered? its not permanent, your helping the charity out and you get the chance to see what life would really be like with a dog in the apt.

Ive fostered for Homeward Bound and they are often looking for dog fosterers. It was a brilliant experience. Id have kept the dog too if I could have but im a renter and have to move soon and it will be hard enough with one dog.

Oh!!! or you could take in a tenant with a dog? :D Just a suggestion...

Advertisement