Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Walking Dead - Season 2 [AMC - US] *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭bb1234567

ultan what did u think of the comics?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Ultimate Ultan

Love 'em. I'm on volume two right now and it's good that they are different to the TV show, so I can appreciate both. Thanks again for letting me know I read them and not spoil the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,452 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

New season 2 trailer.... looks bloody good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Despite being fairly disapointed with season 1 that trailer has me really looking forward to season 2 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

From the looks of the trailer, it seems there will at least be one part from the comic in it, which makes me happy. They took some bad turns last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Really want this season to work. I thought season 1 was ok but could've been so much better.

I'll be interested to see how they deal with the parts from the comics they showed in that trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Never read the comics, and without sounding ignorant I've no intention to, but I loved the first season and can't wait for season 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭ryoishin

hey to anyone whos read the comics
    , i heard maggie,otis and hershel had been cast for the greene farm arc like ages ago and was sad to see none of the rest of the family had been cast(yet atleast), now i dont know if its just they have been cast yet or will never be, so i was wondering about the rest of the greene family billy,patricia,twins,arnold,lacey and shawn. so i was on spoiler tv a while ago and they say a guy james mccune will be playing the character jimmy so i was thinking could this be billys tv counterpart? i hope so.this is him and it could well be billy./imgres?q=james+mccune+the+walking+dead&um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1111&bih=538&tbm=isch&tbnid=pnfQrGgVESIO7M:&imgrefurl=http://www.spoilertv.com/2011/08/walking-dead-episode-203-casting-new.

and i was on spoiler tv today and i saw that patricia has been cast they just havnt said it, saw her in some promotional photos of season 2, saw her in some photos hugging the guy who plays otis :D
    http://www.spoilertv.co.uk/images/the-walking-
    dead/Season%202/Cast%20Promotional%20Photos/walking-dead-83.jpg.php
    so atleast now im pretty sure we have hershel,maggie,otis,billy and patricia out of the greene family. i suppose they were the most important characters on the green farm, they could easily leave out arnold and lacey who die early on, the twins and then shawn whos just a zombie.leaving out all them wouldnt even have any effect on the story so i dont really care about those characters. just happy we have those 5 important characters :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

^^ You should really spoiler tag all that tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,275 ✭✭✭cgcsb

anyone have a clue when we can expect to see it on rte? I'd wait to see it on tv if it wasn't too far away.

cgcsb wrote: »
    anyone have a clue when we can expect to see it on rte? I'd wait to see it on tv if it wasn't too far away.

same but i wont wait anymore than 2 weeks :) knowing rte maybe around may:rolleyes: season 1 came out november in the states came out and of april in irelandon rte 2:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Colmo52

I hope they go to the
    Prison
    That was a good arc in the comics.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Colmo52 wrote: »
    I hope they go to the
    Prison
    That was a good arc in the comics.
    I'd say they'll branch / stretch out
    Hershel's Farm
    as much as they can.. probably most of the season tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭KeanSeenan

Lads,
    If they don't get to The Governor at some point, I'll be pissed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

KeanSeenan wrote: »
    Lads,

Could be wrong but
    for ages they had been talking about getting to the prison this season. I imagine they'll leave it for the end of it or the appearance of The Governer will be last shot of the finale.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Could be wrong but
    for ages they had been talking about getting to the prison this season. I imagine they'll leave it for the end of it or the appearance of The Governer will be last shot of the finale.
    **spoiler** can someone tell me how to spoiler tag plz!

yep i think that 2, in the last scene theylll be walking around and then one of them spots the prison,they all slowly look around to look at the prison in the distance scene ends as does season finale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭don ramo

bb1234567 wrote: »
    **spoiler** can someone tell me how to spoiler tag plz!
    when your writing your post, highlight the part you want spoilered and then click the black spolier button just above the
    smilies

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Is this airing on FX before RTE again as the first season did?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

Lads,

just got through reading those trade paperbacks of that arc and TBH im DYING to see just how much theyll get away with doing as theres some feirce harsh stuff in it.

i can practically see the lobby groups lining up to give out about it if they stick to it.

great thing about that arc though is if they DO follow it theres plenty of scope to expand on it.

it really would make for an amazing full third season with some fleshing out. the end would just leave people completly thrown as to where the series would be going next.

• Advertisement

Is this airing on FX before RTE again as the first season did?

yep i was watching the discovery channel and there was an fx ad for the walking dead season 2, fx is airing season 2 of twd just 5 days after the states thats pretty impressive!! i have a skybox does that show fx cause i'd love to watch season 2 and only have to wait a few more days than the us than the stress of watching them online.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

bb1234567 wrote: »
    yep i was watching the discovery channel and there was an fx ad for the walking dead season 2, fx is airing season 2 of twd just 5 days after the states thats pretty impressive!! i have a skybox does that show fx cause i'd love to watch season 2 and only have to wait a few more days than the us than the stress of watching them online.

Still 5 days too late :D

Lads,

I read an interview with
    Kirkman and he said he'd like that to happen but in 2-3 seasons time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

If I learned anything from Series 1 it's
    do not expect the series to closely follow the comics. I mean Andrea hasn't even discovered she's a gifted sharp shooter yet ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,354 ✭✭✭cjmcork

ok so - can't be arsed to read through the full thread - when is it starting back on Sky?

cjmcork wrote: »
    ok so - can't be arsed to read through the full thread - when is it starting back on Sky?

21 October on FX

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭meitina

Its back on air Oct 16 in america.
    You can catch it here-
    <SNIP>

MOD EDIT: No links to streaming sites / copyrighted content!

Please read the charter!

I enjoyed the last season a lot. I did however think episode 2 was weak in parts and the CDC parts of 5/6 just didn't work for me. The comics are best when they show claustrophobic desperation and a constant sense of "death closing in".

This desperation never really came across in the 1st series all that much bar the first episode which to my mind was the strongest episode of the season.

With luck now that the scene is set, Season 2 can get on with some nice horror, impossibly difficult choices and general zombie mayhem! Only 1 more week!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Ridley

I like that the season two poster follows the same theme as the first.

twdnewposter.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

Looking forwardd to this and not a big delay from the States!

Advertisement